Post subject: "Fan"
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:04 pm 

Cubs fan posing as a Sox fan.

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

"Can't be a fan if......"

Blah, blah, blah motherfucking blah.

What are you guys, 12 years old?

For the record... I don't give a flying fuck who ANYBODY roots for....when you root for them....why you root for them. Why would ANYBODY give a shit. I'm not going to ask for anybody to extend me the same courtesy and let me go my way. Either way, I don't give a damn about what you think you're entitled to.

Post subject: Re: "Fan"
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac is too lazy to pick one team to root for.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Wha happon?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Being a Cubs fan has been a circle of violence and degradation, as long as I can remember. I'm ready to tie it off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Ventura lit up the room today and all hell broke loose!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Uh oh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

For the record... I don't give a flying fuck who ANYBODY roots for....when you root for them....why you root for them. Why would ANYBODY give a shit. I'm not going to ask for anybody to extend me the same courtesy and let me go my way. Either way, I don't give a damn about what you think you're entitled to.

I would suppose that it's just a function of the relationship-building particular to sports radio. (Or maybe not: conservative WLS listeners probably want to feel assured that Roe Conn reliably votes Republican in real life and doesn't just play one on the radio.) Of course it doesn't really matter, but insecurity runs rampant in our baseball fanbases, and we all want to know the people we figuratively spend hours every day with are sincere in "our" shared interests.

You can see the converse with Bernstein: Cubs fans don't -- or at least shouldn't -- want to hear all this fawning and propagandizing from a guy who has waxed poetic about his Ivan Calderon trading cards, his cameo with Harry and Jimmy, and his love for American Original Ozzie Guillen. It's not genuine, or at least doesn't seem genuine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm 

Bernstein will define our roles in society. Please take a number and wait your turn.

Or, if you can call in and say you will pay for a seat at the Poker tourney and follow through on paying for it, you can move to the front of the line.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm 

Does this have to do with him saying the other day that now he would want Cubs to win WS not that Sox have or rather than Sox do it again? If so dumb. If he said something different guys would get on his ass for Cub hating.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

If you don't like it, PTFB.

It's what I do when you talk about your favorite rock bands as a teenager or you and pussy pants try to have on - air therapy sessions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Curious Hair wrote:

I would suppose that it's just a function of the relationship-building particular to sports radio. (Or maybe not: conservative WLS listeners probably want to feel assured that Roe Conn reliably votes Republican in real life and doesn't just play one on the radio.) Of course it doesn't really matter, but insecurity runs rampant in our baseball fanbases, and we all want to know the people we figuratively spend hours every day with are sincere in "our" shared interests.

You can see the converse with Bernstein: Cubs fans don't -- or at least shouldn't -- want to hear all this fawning and propagandizing from a guy who has waxed poetic about his Ivan Calderon trading cards, his cameo with Harry and Jimmy, and his love for American Original Ozzie Guillen. It's not genuine, or at least doesn't seem genuine.

You would think the Godfather of "guy talk" would understand that. And you know what? It doesn't matter. Sports don't mean a goddamn thing. So why watch at all? Why waste a lifetime talking about them on a radio program? And if the answer is "for the money", well that might be a good reason for the guy earning it, but it probably isn't going to inspire warm feelings in his listeners.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Does this have to do with him saying the other day that now he would want Cubs to win WS not that Sox have or rather than Sox do it again? If so dumb. If he said something different guys would get on his ass for Cub hating.

I will assume so, plus somewhere JOE ORR called some hosts out as closet cub fans.

Mac stated he was more excited to see Cub fans win a first WS than the Sox to win a second.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 pm 

Well while the theories as to the point of origination for Mac's commentary are great, it sure as sweet Sally's salty shit would be nice if, you know, for a change of pace, somebody specifically pointed out what the furry fuck started this all.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Wha happon?

There's a thread somewhere where people are saying who is and is not Cubs/Sox fans on the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Well while the theories as to the point of origination for Mac's commentary are great, it sure as sweet Sally's salty shit would be nice if, you know, for a change of pace, somebody specifically pointed out what the furry fuck started this all.

Mac is angry that he is a Cubs fan and is helpless to do anything about his condition.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

I don't give a fuck who you root for either Mac. I was just trying to help you out. Saying you're a Sox fan, and then saying you would prefer to see the Cubs win the WS than the Sox, just shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what a fan is on your part. And I know how you like to make sure people are using the proper words to express themselves, so when I see you inaccurately expressing yourself through misuse of a word, I figured you might appreciate the correction.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm 

Out of all the shit that's said on this board, this is the one that got Mac all riled up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Look in the show threads the past couple days.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:36 pm 

Well, that answers that.

+/- pages: 4.5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
leashyourkids wrote:
Out of all the shit that's said on this board, this is the one that got Mac all riled up?

Notice how Mac takes the Otis Wilson Locker room Anaconda talk in total stride. If you'll pardon the expression.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

I don't give a fuck who you root for either Mac. I was just trying to help you out. Saying you're a Sox fan, and then saying you would prefer to see the Cubs win the WS than the Sox, just shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what a fan is on your part. And I know how you like to make sure people are using the proper words to express themselves, so when I see you inaccurately expressing yourself through misuse of a word, I figured you might appreciate the correction.

That gets into a discussion that we've had here on many occasions on the definition of the word "fan". It can't be that each person has his own personal definition, as such a stance renders the word useless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm 

Oh well Dan said many times he was in love with 69 Cubs and Billy Williams. So his Sox team won and he has a soft spot to see them win? Whatever. I guess it din't really need to be added before Sox get 2 but oh well. I am as die hard Sox hate Cubs as they were. My mom's second husband is a 70 DePaul grad Cubs fan bleacher bum type and he converted her. I have a soft spot in my heart to see them happy. Am I a bad guy now too?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Mac wrote:

Or is it the other way?

Bandwagon fan.

Explosive

Angry

Accusatory

In denial

Violent.....

Is Dan McNeil safe for Chicago's airwaves? Or is he just another hair triggered shock jock?

Dan McNeil, not safe on the radio..................Not safe anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Oh well Dan said many times he was in love with 69 Cubs and Billy Williams. So his Sox team won and he has a soft spot to see them win? Whatever. I guess it din't really need to be added before Sox get 2 but oh well. I am as die hard Sox hate Cubs as they were. My mom's second husband is a 70 DePaul grad Cubs fan bleacher bum type and he converted her. I have a soft spot in my heart to see them happy. Am I a bad guy now too?

No. But if you are rooting for the Cubs to win rather than the Sox, that would make you a Cubs fan. Unless I misunderstand what a fan is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm 

pittmike wrote:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the Cubs win the WS. People are trying to use that as a strawman. My point is very simple and easy to understand. If you are a White Sox fan, then your preference is to see them win the WS before any other team. This isn't even debatable.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm 

I was kinda hoping he didn't really stop with Spiegs at the Scotch shop. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the Cubs win the WS. People are trying to use that as a strawman. My point is very simple and easy to understand. If you are a White Sox fan, then your preference is to see them win the WS before any other team. This isn't even debatable.

That was his misstep. "Before the Sox win 2nd".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Admits admiring the Packers as a yute *check*
Admits hating the Bears *check*
Admits loving the Cubs as a yute *check*
Admits has the car running in the 5th for Sox games *check*
Admits not giving a damn about da Boo *check*
Admits loving the Hawks *check*

My guy!