It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:46 pm 

I am assuming (maybe falsely??) he is not renewed when it comes up barring some ratings miracle.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
conns7901 wrote:
I am assuming (maybe falsely??) he is not renewed when it comes up barring some ratings miracle.

I'm pretty sure that Grimace recently got new paper, about 6 Months ago or so. Not sure how long. Hopefully his deal ends tomorrow!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Scorehead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Grimace recently got new paper, about 6 Months ago or so. Not sure how long. Hopefully his deal ends tomorrow!

6 months sounds about right and it was a 2 year deal.

Guessing he needs to now circle the wagons with Jay and Shep, because NOW they need to work!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Guessing he needs to now circle the wagons with Jay and Shep, because NOW they need to work!

What do you think the large purple bitch is pulling down, about $100K?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:52 am 

Scorehead wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

What do you think the large purple bitch is pulling down, about $100K?

$200K, plus maybe you heard him do some commercials? He does everyhting he cant his hands on. It's easy money. Do a read, lend your name, $500 to $1000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 pm 

Shit, 200k, this fat ass always talks like he is barely surviving. I would take half of that and be happy as fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Ratings, rather than salary, will dictate Meat's future. I think him and Goff would make for good radio. I would tune out much less than I have with the Speigs and Friends concept.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Can Goff even work for CBS now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Erotic Lawyer wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that he can't. Cuz wouldn't you figure he'd be one of the guys in this 9 week tryout period if it weren't the case? Especially since Mitch was raving about him to the papers and blogs when he left for Atlanta. Unless that was all disingenuous. Radio is full of "disingenuous".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Beardown wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that he can't. Cuz wouldn't you figure he'd be one of the guys in this 9 week tryout period if it weren't the case? Especially since Mitch was raving about him to the papers and blogs when he left for Atlanta. Unless that was all disingenuous. Radio is full of "disingenuous".

I think Goff has moved on to "Full Time Host'. Not this fill-in garbage. Tacos or salsa may have brought him down in the ATL, but he will be on a radio station soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well this "Fill-in garbage" is gonna lead to somebody being named a full timer. Just saying if Mitch didn't call Jason to try out, it means something.

Either he can't work for CBS because of policy or Mitch doesn't think much of him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Beardown wrote:
Well this "Fill-in garbage" is gonna lead to somebody being named a full timer. Just saying if Mitch didn't call Jason to try out, it means something.

Either he can't work for CBS because of policy or Mitch doesn't think much of him.

Those were not tryouts, they were fill-ins.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Does it matter? Will anyone still be listening to that station?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:52 pm 

My Guess, MATT, MATT and PAT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

donspiracy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Those were not tryouts, they were fill-ins.

Either way, I don't think Goff would find it beneath him as you suggest. I'd think he'd jump at the chance. I know he's got that basketball show on Sirius. But I doubt more than 20 people are listening. Especially in the off season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spiegel re-signed a multi-year extension around last year at this time. At least one year to go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Which means the new partner will have a one year deal to match up with Spiegel. If they suck, both will be gone most likely. Then we'll do another "Midday Score Search"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Beardown wrote:

Or CBS HR has a "do not hire" recommendation from the Atlanta station.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Beardown wrote:
Which means the new partner will have a one year deal to match up with Spiegel. If they suck, both will be gone most likely. Then we'll do another "Midday Score Search"

That is always a riot. My memory is cloudy but was it after Salisbury that they had a search on espn with such great pairings like Wolfe and Jiggets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Shit, 200k, this fat ass always talks like he is barely surviving. I would take half of that and be happy as fuck.

Not really. He's always referencing his south loop apartment that has a view of fireworks and whatnot. He's got it pretty good.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 pm 

gilder121 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Does it matter? Will anyone still be listening to that station?

Sure. I doubt I will listen to that timeslot though, I might check out Kap & Haugh, but I would rather listen to old podcasts of past shows than that garbage Carmen & Jurko. Mully&Hanley are still much better than listening to M&M no question. I also like Laurence, though he seems to get a lot of hate around here.

Mully and Hanley is the worst thing ever, and you should be sterilized for thinking otherwise.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 am 

I don't listen to mid days

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:24 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beebo wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Spiegel talked about wanting to work with someone that "they couldn't get in the building".

I assume that was Goff. I doubt Spiegel wanted to work with North.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 am 

Spiegs is probably shitting himself. No more excuses. He now has plenty of time to build his audience and get good ratings. I'm looking forward to treasuring his failure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Zizou wrote:
Spiegs is probably shitting himself. No more excuses. He now has plenty of time to build his audience and get good ratings. I'm looking forward to treasuring his failure.

He had an large amount of time do just that over the past 2 years or so. He responded to the opportunity by doing nothing, not taking the bullvby the horns and doing kn air taste tests of potato chips.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Beebo wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Spiegel talked about wanting to work with someone that "they couldn't get in the building".

I assume that was Goff. I doubt Spiegel wanted to work with North.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Zizou wrote:

He had an large amount of time do just that over the past 2 years or so. He responded to the opportunity by doing nothing, not taking the bullvby the horns and doing kn air taste tests of potato chips.

SomeGuy speaketh the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 am 

In his defense, until Mac or management made their announcement, Spiegs was effectively in limbo. Could he have put his imprimatur on the show while Mac was on one of his absences? Of course, but when Mac returns those ideas may or may not get shit-canned. He had to let Mac be the lead dog because it's what was best for the team. Here on this board he can't win either way, so in a sense why bother?

Now that the decision has been made, lets see what Meat has to offer and what he can deliver. He may get a new partner he didn't ask for but that is just a part of the business, so at this point the show is his and he has to become the lead dog.

As a wise man once told me, being the lead dog means getting used to bite marks on your ass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
No Clever Moniker wrote:
In his defense, until Mac or management made their announcement, Spiegs was effectively in limbo. Could he have put his imprimatur on the show while Mac was on one of his absences? Of course, but when Mac returns those ideas may or may not get shit-canned. He had to let Mac be the lead dog because it's what was best for the team. Here on this board he can't win either way, so in a sense why bother?

Now that the decision has been made, lets see what Meat has to offer and what he can deliver. He may get a new partner he didn't ask for but that is just a part of the business, so at this point the show is his and he has to become the lead dog.

As a wise man once told me, being the lead dog means getting used to bite marks on your ass.

A good take and I certainly see where you are shooting from. Meat didn't have it so easy with a revolving set of co-hosts, not knowing if/when Mac was coming back and who knows what management was telling him behind closed doors. But he could have, at the very least, started to think about a Macless future and move in that direction to hedge his bets.

We give Meat a lot shit on here, I still like him, but it was tough having Mac leave him in a radio void. You have to believe that Meat harbors resentment towards Mac now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:03 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:

A good take and I certainly see where you are shooting from. Meat didn't have it so easy with a revolving set of co-hosts, not knowing if/when Mac was coming back and who knows what management was telling him behind closed doors. But he could have, at the very least, started to think about a Macless future and move in that direction to hedge his bets.

We give Meat a lot shit on here, I still like him, but it was tough having Mac leave him in a radio void. You have to believe that Meat harbors resentment towards Mac now.

I think it reasonable for us to expect that Meat has given some thought to his future and when his partner(s) is announced the expectations of some type of delivery from him. I would hope there is no resentment simply because it is one more opportunity to showcase and shine. All eyes on him, as it should be.