It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Quite a name and if it isn't the name, well, someone should have thought of a name, but this is the name they used to announce it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Anyone remember the Bar, "THE STADIUM" it was going to be a replica of the CHICAGO STADIUM, they had tons of investors, had the place done, set the opening party and then 3 days before opening day, Wirtz files the lawsuit preventing them from calling it the Stadium! (Yes, the real staiudm had been demoed at this time)

So at the last second the owner go scrambling and mcMahon agrees them to use his name.

Sound like this is what happened.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Can we rename the forum Douche & dishwater? It sounds better

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:29 pm 

Matt & Pat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
D & D followed by B & B... weekdays on The Snore 670.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
bigfan wrote:
Anyone remember the Bar, "THE STADIUM" it was going to be a replica of the CHICAGO STADIUM, they had tons of investors, had the place done, set the opening party and then 3 days before opening day, Wirtz files the lawsuit preventing them from calling it the Stadium! (Yes, the real staiudm had been demoed at this time)

Yeah, it's still there at the corner of Sanders and Milwaukee! Pass by it all the time. I think it was last a Brazilian steakhouse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
I can hear the ad now Mannelly Meat get an earful :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
two *at's, one show

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yeah, it's still there at the corner of Sanders and Milwaukee! Pass by it all the time. I think it was last a Brazilian steakhouse.

It was a pretty successful place prior to that "concept" rebuild. A relative dive...but successful.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
bigfan wrote:

It was a pretty successful place prior to that "concept" rebuild. A relative dive...but successful.

Wasn't that where the Prime Minister was?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I believe so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:34 pm 

I believe so. My dad to this day raves about the hamburgers there and across the street at Captain's Quarters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
I believe so. My dad to this day raves about the hamburgers there and across the street at Captain's Quarters.

A young guy just took over Captain's Quarters. He's given it a makeover that is right out of Restaurant Impossible. I hope he doesn't change the bar. The food is pretty good there. Not super cheap for a place in a strip mall though. The guy who ran it before was a surly old Greek.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:41 pm 

Yeah, it is a little steep for what it is, but my family would get a little bit of a break if we had a big group there because my grandma's been going there for like 30 years or however long it's been. Sucks to hear that it's been made into something it shouldn't be, but I've talked before about clinging dearly to those last vestiges of Old Suburbia like shabby Greek dives with good burgers. Good saganaki there, too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:20 pm 

Spiegel and Mannelly

S&M !!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=S%26M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I am not going to listen to this show. Ever.

Its going to be a disaster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, it is a little steep for what it is, but my family would get a little bit of a break if we had a big group there because my grandma's been going there for like 30 years or however long it's been. Sucks to hear that it's been made into something it shouldn't be, but I've talked before about clinging dearly to those last vestiges of Old Suburbia like shabby Greek dives with good burgers. Good saganaki there, too.

My wife and one of her friends used to have a website called Museum of Suburbia. There were lots of reviews of what I call "old school" restaurants on there, places like Teibel's, Hob Nob, Ray Radigan's, etc. There are less and less of them left every year. One I would highly recommend is The Top Steakhouse in Bexley, Ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 pm 

The Hob Nob! Corner of Palatine Road and Northwest Highway, right? My mom's parents used to go there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
The Hob Nob! Corner of Palatine Road and Northwest Highway, right? My mom's parents used to go there.

Not that Hob Nob, the one in Racine, WI. I think the one in Palatine may have qualified as old school too though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The promos for the show that have been airing have been cringe-worthy. Embarrassingly bad. I guess they are effective if the Score is trying to promote not listening to the show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
orioleboy wrote:
Matt & Pat?

You take your sensible fucking post right the hell outta here, mister.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
ShipOfZion wrote:
The promos for the show that have been airing have been cringe-worthy. Embarrassingly bad. I guess they are effective if the Score is trying to promote not listening to the show.

::big voice guy giving the particulars::

::record scratch::

::Mannelly saying something I can't even remember::

::big voice guy telling me to listen::

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

My wife and one of her friends used to have a website called Museum of Suburbia. There were lots of reviews of what I call "old school" restaurants on there, places like Teibel's, Hob Nob, Ray Radigan's, etc. There are less and less of them left every year. One I would highly recommend is The Top Steakhouse in Bexley, Ohio.

The Teibel's in Schererville, IN? Certainly an old school place, Frog legs, perch or fried chicken and then the full relish tray, salad, soup and dessert.. We still try to go a couple times a year. It's like a nursing home in there though. We brought all the kids a couple months ago and the old ladies descended on us like vultures. We probably could have left the kids with them and got a night out to ourselves. We almost couldnt enjoy the meal with all the people coming up and talking to us and asking about the kids.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:13 pm 

Mannelly didnt miss a day of work for 11 years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
ShipOfZion wrote:

Yes they are really terrible. Mannelly has trouble speaking clearly with articulation. This guy chose the wrong career path here.

Enjoy the 1.0 midday ratings Mitch!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
orioleboy wrote:
Matt & Pat?

Matt & Pat without Abbat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
From the twitter feed of @MattSpiegel670:

Matt Spiegel @MattSpiegel670 · Aug 27
Your new midday show. It's me, teamed with @PatrickMannelly. Can't wait. Read my thoughts here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s82/sh/eec0c1a8-b00d-4e8f-85b7-9b8a114545db/eb208f5c2e90c7d2f30ae2c086fa3bfe

Last edited by WindyCityBreeze on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm 

Quote:
This will also be a show where multiple opinions are welcome, and discussions won't be ruled by the need for absolutes. The desire to make everything black and white leads to some lazy, predictable media. No thanks.

Shots fired!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Most importantly; Pat Mannelly is fun. He can take a joke, give one, and laugh at the absurdity of sports life.

Pat can take a joke but grimace has shown he can't :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 pm 

Is this like when his show started and he came here saying he can take anything or whatever.