It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keep it up, Jason !
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nice to hear someone on the score questioning Paxson.

I'm wondering how many coaches someone gets to hire. Of course, the answer is "endless" in regards to Pax.

Post subject: Re: Keep it up, Jason !
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Peoria Matt wrote:
Nice to hear someone on the score questioning Paxson.

I'm wondering how many coaches someone gets to hire. Of course, the answer is "endless" in regards to Pax.

Why would anyone want to get rid of Paxson? The guy is a great talent evaluator. That's the most important position in a pro sports organization in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I have beef with Paxson about 4 things: Trading LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas in 2006, drafting James Johnson in 2009, drafting Marquis Teague in 2012, and not trading Noah a year or two ago, knowing his value would never be higher. It's always been 4 on 5 on offense with Jo since he was drafted in 2007. The offense freezes every time he touches the ball. No spacing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:38 pm 

Paxson has done a good job running the Bulls. He has made some mistakes but every GM does. The Bulls were dead in the water once he took over. Yes he lucked into Rose but he has built a formidable team without Rose. He missed on Aldridge but there were not a lot of people clamoring for Aldridge when Thomas was drafted. They has been his biggest mistake to date. He has drafted well and acquired decent guys via free agency also. Ben Wallace was a flop. Didn't like the move when it was made. He drafted Deng, Gordon, Noah, Butler, Gibson though I think he is overrated by Bulls fans. He signed Gasol when a lot of people thought his career was over. Snell looks like a good draft pick. He also drafted Hinrich whom most people believe was also a good pick. Dunleavy for the money has been a good addition and I never faulted him for signing Boozer. The biggest mistake has been Aldridge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 pm 

Spot on. Paxson has gone hard after stars in free agency too. I'm convinced LeBron would have signed here (with Bosh and Wade, getting rid of Deng) in 2010 if he knew how good of a coach Thibs was and how much Derrick improved in his MVP year. Paxson went hard after Carmelo last summer. This postseason would be a lot easier with Melo, but nobody can fault him for taking all that money to live in New York. Paxson has done all he can do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59 pm 

Zero titles in 12 years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 pm 

jason dismantled bernstein in tranny talk today too. dan was insistent that top 5 minutes players did NOT win championships.

jason was like "really dan?" and kept hammering him

then dan comes back minutes later and says "ok so i looked at the stats and the top ONE player with the most minutes doesnt win titles"

jason was like "yea exactly dumbass, minutes dont really matter. jimmy butler is 26, dont sit here and tell me hes tired"

thibs stays or i go as a bulls fan. pax/gar, i know youre reading this. you fire the 2nd best coach in the league and you can kiss your job goodbye too because youll lose not only games but half your fans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
jason dismantled bernstein in tranny talk today too. dan was insistent that top 5 minutes players did NOT win championships.

then dan comes back minutes later and says "ok so i looked at the stats and the top ONE player with the most minutes doesnt win titles"

jason was like "yea exactly dumbass, minutes dont really matter. jimmy butler is 26, dont sit here and tell me hes tired"

thibs stays or i go as a bulls fan. pax/gar, i know youre reading this. you fire the 2nd best coach in the league and you can kiss your job goodbye too because youll lose not only games but half your fans

That was great! Dan has been teasing this long form piece of his like he's solved some great riddle. :roll:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 pm 

I also noticed how Dan became very quiet when the conversation turned to criticizing Paxson.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I have beef with Paxson about 4 things: Trading LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas in 2006, drafting James Johnson in 2009, drafting Marquis Teague in 2012, and not trading Noah a year or two ago, knowing his value would never be higher. It's always been 4 on 5 on offense with Jo since he was drafted in 2007. The offense freezes every time he touches the ball. No spacing.

What about Doug McDNPCD?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

I really don't think he is the second best coach in the league. They are better than Milwaukee at 4 of the starting 5 positions and yet it's a struggle to beat them? Two all stars against a bunch of role players and journeymen. No adjustments. Kidd is out coaching the hell out of him. Painfully obvious. That's not Paxson's fault. They should have easily dispatched Milwaukee.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:00 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

That was great! Dan has been teasing this long form piece of his like he's solved some great riddle. :roll:

I'm glad that Jason was quick to smell the bullshit. First off, what is the point of "commissioning" the concept of number theory to come to a pre-determined conclusion? Second, will it be peer-reviewed?

Which gets to his anti-Thibs stance and arguments being moot. Its the playoffs, there is no tomorrow to save players, so if management wants to put a minutes restriction doesn't that equate into management not being fully committed?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: MamaSanta's
I think the benefit of limiting minutes in the regular season is to give some of those deep bench guys some minutes so they could actually help in a playoff game if a vet is hurt or tired or playing like shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:41 pm 

The minutes thing only becomes an issue because of what Popovich does. I don't think Thibs runs guys into the ground. I have a problem with his in game stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
am i the only one who suspects jason has had the topic yelled at him by a few women at really inconvenient times?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
long time guy wrote:
The minutes thing only becomes an issue because of what Popovich does. I don't think Thibs runs guys into the ground. I have a problem with his in game stuff.

My only criticism with Thibs and the minutes issue is when a player is injured and they are blowing out a team, Thibs keeps the player on the court. Or when a player comes back from injury and his fist game back he plays over 40 minutes (jimmy butler). Play the guys all the minutes if healthy, not when they have a bum ankle etc. I'm just so glad Noah played through all those injuries and logged heavy minutes because now you need him and he's a fucking statue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
JoeyCrown wrote:
I think the benefit of limiting minutes in the regular season is to give some of those deep bench guys some minutes so they could actually help in a playoff game if a vet is hurt or tired or playing like shit.

The benefit is so guys like Jo aren't shambling up and down the court looking like he rings church bells in the offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:22 pm 

I do have a problem with him playing guys once the game is obviously out of reach. That's a problem on a couple of fronts. You can't legislate injuries. The yr. Rose was injured the Bulls attempted to restrict his minutes. He sat out a number of games in order to protect him and he blew his knee out anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I have a huge issue with Paxson and his coaches. Its a major problem that he ends up fighting with everyone he hires?

And now the word is that team isnt listening to Thibs.

Well, No shit....they all think he is fired, so it doesnt matter.

cant have a dead coach walking and expect the players to respond.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:13 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Paxson should have been fired years ago, the Ben Wallace signing was a fire able offense. He fucked up the Aldridge deal...he tried to give Ben Gordon a 5-55 million ...thank god Gordon turned it down. He has hired what? 7 coaches ...if the bulls were in the west they'd be fucked...paxson will never win a ring as a g.m. I agree he should have moved Noah 2-3 years ago...I said it at the time, he continually brings back kirk Heinrich..he sucks n can't stay healthy. We could have had pau gasol years ago but pax couldn't part with Deng.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IkeSouth wrote:

that was some especially embarrassing 'statistical analysis' by Bernstein. First of all, couching it a ton by saying it's not complete and that the 'long form' piece is coming soon...fucking wait for it then. Because saying top-5 minutes (and then top 1!) over the course of a few years, and the standard being winning a title (total ridiculous, very few teams win titles, some who don't are extremely good teams).

If a caller came up with that on the phone he'd be shotgunned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Despite all the knocks he has pulled some value out of lower round picks. Thibs signed his own death warrant by refusing to play Dougie Buckets.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'm a Goff fan but he's full of it on Lebron deserving the 2011 MVP over Rose or "anti-Lebron sentiment" accounting for the voting. If anyone deserved it over Rose, it was Howard who had far and away the best season of his career and carried an absolutely terrible Magic team to the fourth seed. James properly finished third in the voting that year.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:55 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I'm a Goff fan but he's full of it on Lebron deserving the 2011 MVP over Rose or "anti-Lebron sentiment" accounting for the voting. If anyone deserved it over Rose, it was Howard who had far and away the best season of his career and carried an absolutely terrible Magic team to the fourth seed. James properly finished third in the voting that year.

62 wins with Keith Bogans as your starting shooting guard. Boozer missed 23 games and Noah missed 34.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Ron Wolfley wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

62 wins with Keith Bogans as your starting shooting guard. Boozer missed 23 games and Noah missed 34.

Hate to agree with the mult Ron Wolfey, but I see no argument there.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Ron Wolfley wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I wasn't arguing against Rose specifically but merely the notion that James was the one who would have deserved it more than him. But you can't really play the starting lineup card against him like you can with Lebron since Howard clearly had even less help than Rose.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:12 pm 

Rose definitely deserved to win it that yr. Goff's love of all things LeBron hurts his credibility as the scores basketball expert. If he had it his James would win every award that he is eligible to win every yr.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Rose definitely deserved to win it that yr. Goff's love of all things LeBron hurts his credibility as the scores basketball expert. If he had it his James would win every award that he is eligible to win every yr.

Goffs awful thoughts hurt his credibility as an "expert" on anything.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He does know more about Basketball than anyone at the station though. I'm sort of damning with faint praise on that one. That's like saying he is the skinniest sumo wrestler. Even your skinniest sumo wrestler is still fat.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
badrogue17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

A few years back he was way, way ahead of the curve on the whole "LeBron James is good at basketball" thought.

Everyone was sayin' "C'mon man, King James isn't really that good..." but Goff kept on it and was proven correct.