It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 pm 

Why just why is the CSFMB obtaining it's basketball information from Dan Bernstein when Jason "grown ass man" Goff is lamping right in your backyard. Bernstein probably watched fewer than 10 Bulls this year but here he is yet again to provide us with his expert analysis.

In the past few weeks he has provided us with the sort of info. that would make the likes of J. Edgar Hoover proud.

He has given us such nuggets as:
A rift between Rose and Butler about who will be the team's alpha male

Thibs having issues with female employees and hence he was whacked because of it.

The Atlanta Hawks would be in the finals. By that point it was obvious that they were the 4th best team in the East. They lose to Wizards with a healthy John Wall imo.

Why hasn't anyone listened to the musings of Jason Goff when it comes to all things Bulls. He was reputed to have real sources at one time and he follows the league much more closely than Bernstein.

There hasn't been one thread started in the Speigs and Goff section and it is long overdue. This is Goff's wheelhouse after all and I guarantee you if he was calling the shots at the score he wouldn't be pontificating about bullshit reasons such as Thibs inability to get along with female employees as a reason for being whacked.

There is a lot of criticism of Bernstein for putting out such a shit show but it sure does appear that his opinions carry a lot of sway around here. No one moves the needle like Bernstein. It is obvious that he really doesn't watch the Bulls because his analysis is always clouded by gossip and innuendo. Yet he has been the definitive go to guy with regards to the Thibodeau firing.

Not one thread in relation to Thibs firing and Jason "grown ass man" How the mighty score Bulls expert (self proclaimed) has fallen. Why oh why do I need cappuccino? Cappuccino?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 pm 

he looks like a black lebron james, what else do you want

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:37 pm 

The NHL is wayyyy better than the NBA. First off, NBA players are idiots compared to NHL players.
When Golden State and Cleveland won their conferences, both teams touched and took pictures
with their conference championship trophy's! Soooo dumb! The Hawks and Lightning after winning
their conference championships did not touch the conference champ trophy, a very smart move!
Everyone knows, anyone who touches the trophy is cursed! The only problem is that both NBA teams
touched their trophy, and both NHL teams avoided touching theirs, so in each series the curse is cancelled
out. Still the NHL is better, and NHL players can fight to set the tone for a series.

Prediction, if Hawks come out and out skate the Lightning in the first couple games, and Cornelison
sings awesome and gets the crowd jacked in games 3, 4 & 6, I see the Hawks winning in 6 games!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
What posts are you reading? Pretty much everyone thinks Dan is full of crap and acts as a ventriloquist for Bulls management. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a graduate of Dan Bernstein's bad basketball thoughts summer camp.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i dont think dan is full of crap, i just understand he is a mouthpiece for bulls management. i believe most of his reporting but i fully understand that his reporting is an attempt by management to control the message

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
What posts are you reading? Pretty much everyone thinks Dan is full of crap and acts as a ventriloquist for Bulls management. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a graduate of Dan Bernstein's bad basketball thoughts summer camp.

Bernstein pushes some idiotic theory and it takes on a life of its own. That's the pattern each and every time. The beast has, already been fed on this one.

Does anyone really think that Reinsdorf and the Bulls shareholders would really eat 9 million dollars simply because Thibs made a few employees upset? All Bernstein has to is make an outrageous claim and attach one of his sources to it and away we go.

I'm not saying that everyone believes it but there are some particularly the Anti Reinsdorf faction that does. This sort of B.S. should be denounced on its very merits.

Bernstein has figured out that it's the sensational and not necessarily the factual which grabs people's attention.
If you read the comments from that particular thread it's obvious that some buy into the bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Dan Mariotti. He has become that which he hated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Dan Mariotti. He has become that which he hated.

Yes he has. It is so obvious that they actually hate sports. That's why I don't listen anymore. First North, then McNeil, now Boers and Bernstein.

Everything in sports always must be a soap opera. I think that is the worst aspect of Sports talk these days. Does anyone believe that Bernstein trick wasn't calculated? Coach never been married. Isn't linked to any women. Aha let's create some sort of twist where we can paint him as a guy that has trouble with women. That's far more attractive than talking about how his offense went extended stretches without scoring the ball. No one really wants to hear that boring shit.

The funny thing about it is that it works each and every time. What Dan says is the favorite subject of any of the shows listed on this message board. It's not even close. He must be doing something right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
It seems that sports talk radio in Chicago is just not fun any more.

I find that lately I'm just burned out on it and listen to about only half of what I used to.

Probably just me, I needed a break.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm 

I am sure it is elsewhere but here at least we do not get this radio. Harp on something 20 minutes then gone. This smart radio on and on forever stuff is non existent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Godfella wrote:

I find that lately I'm just burned out on it and listen to about only half of what I used to.

It's not just you. I feel the exact same way.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Chus wrote:
Godfella wrote:

I haven't really listened for any extended period of time in many, many months.

It became a chore to try and get through, a slog.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 am 

[quote="long time guy Coach never been married. Isn't linked to any women. Aha let's create some sort of twist where we can paint him as a guy that has trouble with women. That's far more attractive than talking about how his offense went extended stretches without scoring the ball. No one really wants to hear that boring shit..[/quote]

and it was created by a guy who only found a wife over the airwaves and has been accused of misogynistic behavior on at least two occasions...but it's Thibs who has the problem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 am 

What a way to open the show.....

Blackhawks game on tonight, Stanley Cup......

So GOFF leads with nothing but full throttle LeBron cock sucking, no let up, no mercy. Totally steamrolling, bad. Then he lectures on why you should watch him and why you should be in awe.

I gave it a shot...

PTFB.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am 

Nothing local going on here. National NBA must be talked about in depth and with passion. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Any pounding of the console while reproaching the audience on LeBrons greatness?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:39 am 
1000 CLUB

Though they would never say anything to him, you know Spiegel and the producers roll their eyes and Goff's love affair with Lebron.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 am 

I seriously do not know why they just did all that time on the finals. I can't see why this gets more than 20 minutes and an occasional call in cities that have other things going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
I seriously do not know why they just did all that time on the finals. I can't see why this gets more than 20 minutes and an occasional call in cities that have other things going on.

On the one hand, it's had exceptionally high ratings.

On the other, Chicago isn't one of the top 10 local markets.

I don't mind the coverage to a point. At least Goff and Spiegs have thoughts on the game? Or is it just LeBron clapping. He does deserve it somewhat but I also don't want to hear it.

The bigger problem is that that under Goff's direction of anti-radio (post-radio?) there's no show prep so we can't assume they have other topics lined up later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:39 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I don't mind the coverage to a point. At least Goff and Spiegs have thoughts on the game? Or is it just LeBron clapping. He does deserve it somewhat but I also don't want to hear it.

The bigger problem is that that under Goff's direction of anti-radio (post-radio?) there's no show prep so we can't assume they have other topics lined up later.

Good points.

It's one thing to weave it into a show, especially a show that is in a market with a team in a championship series...like the Blackhawks, and let it breathe, have guests on, talk to NBA fans and discuss the actual game...it's another thing to come firing out of the gate (breathlessly) shouting LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON, and calling everyone an idiot, sucking LeBron's dick and steamrolling any Hawks/baseball/anything else talk. It was bad, really bad. MR SCORE BASKETBALL INSIDER AND EXPERT didn't break anything down (outside of blathering about usage) didn't discuss shit, just puked out how great LeBron is, why you should watch, what you should feel, why you're an idiot that doesn't understand what is going on. Horrible.

I was, at one point, a big GOFF fan. He was raw but had a chance to be a good host in a drive time slot or a great 3rd man. I thought he'd get his chops in Atlanta and return or whatever to host and entertain me. Instead he went down there and get his ass fired, crawled back to Chicago for a charity job and is now taking it for granted and not being entertaining. *CLICK* Sane for Meat, this was his shot and he needed to take a stand early to reign Goff and the show in. He didn't and now he is in MAC LAND. *CLICK*

This is your midday show? This is what you go with? I haven't really listened in a long ass time to this station and this is what I get? I punched out...made a bad decision to check back in a bit later and it was still Lebron is awesome and you're dumb talk.

Obvious no prep goes into this show.

PRINT IT. SCALP IT.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:04 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Good points.

It's one thing to weave it into a show, especially a show that is in a market with a team in a championship series...like the Blackhawks, and let it breathe, have guests on, talk to NBA fans and discuss the actual game...it's another thing to come firing out of the gate (breathlessly) shouting LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON, and calling everyone an idiot, sucking LeBron's dick and steamrolling any Hawks/baseball/anything else talk. It was bad, really bad. MR SCORE BASKETBALL INSIDER AND EXPERT didn't break anything down (outside of blathering about usage) didn't discuss shit, just puked out how great LeBron is, why you should watch, what you should feel, why you're an idiot that doesn't understand what is going on. Horrible.

I was, at one point, a big GOFF fan. He was raw but had a chance to be a good host in a drive time slot or a great 3rd man. I thought he'd get his chops in Atlanta and return or whatever to host and entertain me. Instead he went down there and get his ass fired, crawled back to Chicago for a charity job and is now taking it for granted and not being entertaining. *CLICK* Sane for Meat, this was his shot and he needed to take a stand early to reign Goff and the show in. He didn't and now he is in MAC LAND. *CLICK*

This is your midday show? This is what you go with? I haven't really listened in a long ass time to this station and this is what I get? I punched out...made a bad decision to check back in a bit later and it was still Lebron is awesome and you're dumb talk.

Obvious no prep goes into this show.

PRINT IT. SCALP IT.

I'm not a Goff fan but he is better than Mannelly and more attentive than McNeil. Dan McNeil would have either been absent during the NBA finals, or he would have completely ignored it. I don't know how that makes for a better show. It would have been grilling talk, rolling stones, or wall to wall Blackhawks talk. The finals would have been called boring simply to evade talking about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Add me to the list. I very rarely listen, and when I tune in I'm quickly reminded why I stopped. Goff and Spiegs are just having a grand old time entertaining themselves. It's like listening to 2 guys in a dorm room cutting up and bullshitting. Bernstein has become Mariotti. B & B is windsock, I told ya so radio. My listening consists of coming here, and reading how bad it is.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
I'm not a Goff fan but he is better than Mannelly and more attentive than McNeil. Dan McNeil would have either been absent during the NBA finals, or he would have completely ignored it. I don't know how that makes for a better show. It would have been grilling talk, rolling stones, or wall to wall Blackhawks talk. The finals would have been called boring simply to evade talking about it.

Agreed. I also don't get complaints about lack of preparedness. When the show was Mac and Spiegel, they supposedly prepared hours in advance (on those rare occasions where they both actually came into work) and the show still usually sounded even more half-assed and lazy than the one currently occupying this slot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:19 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Chus wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Add me to the list. I very rarely listen, and when I tune in I'm quickly reminded why I stopped. Goff and Spiegs are just having a grand old time entertaining themselves. It's like listening to 2 guys in a dorm room cutting up and bullshitting. Bernstein has become Mariotti. B & B is windsock, I told ya so radio. My listening consists of coming here, and reading how bad it is.
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Agreed. I also don't get complaints about lack of preparedness. When the show was Mac and Spiegel, they supposedly prepared hours in advance (on those rare occasions where they both actually came into work) and the show still usually sounded even more half-assed and lazy than the one currently occupying this slot.

Maybe Goff's form of "guy" talk really is not that entertaining but it really can't be drastically different from what they were doing before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You're letting your memories (as accurate as they may be) of the last 2 or so years of the Mac and Meat Show cloud your judgement.

In the beginning the show was actually pretty OK and then got good and then, at the end, it became a true mess and then was killed.

Whatever this show is, right now, is maybe a tad bit better than Mac/Meat at their worst.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:59 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You're letting your memories (as accurate as they may be) of the last 2 or so years of the Mac and Meat Show cloud your judgement.

In the beginning the show was actually pretty OK and then got good and then, at the end, it became a true mess and then was killed.

Whatever this show is, right now, is maybe a tad bit better than Mac/Meat at their worst.

One thing that you could pretty much guarantee is that McNeil, at his best or McNeil at his worst was never going to talk hoops. There are people even in Chicago that would be interested in hearing about it. I have heard a myriad of reasons from him over the yrs including the main reason for his neglect was the fact that he never was any good at it. That is probably the most candid reason he had ever given.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:09 pm 

Yeah because Chicagoland is clamoring for a four hour wang suck fest on Lebron. Fuck the finals. One 20 minute segment is all that was necessary. You want all NBA all the time go national.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:14 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Yeah because Chicagoland is clamoring for a four hour wang suck fest on Lebron. Fuck the finals. One 20 minute segment is all that was necessary. You want all NBA all the time go national.

EXACTLY. As I stated, quite clearly, in one of my prior posts there is a stark difference between what a good, prepared show would do with these NBA finals and what Goff did today right out of the gate. You want to talk about the game? Performances? Coaching rights/wrongs? Have some guests on? Take legit calls? Do it in the context and self-awareness that you're beaming from Chicago and not Cleveland/Oakland and realize that there is a CHICAGO team that is in a league championship? Do that, that would be good radio....but you'd have to be prepared to do it. These two clowns weren't and won't be.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
SomeGuy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nah I'm not letting the end cloud my judgment. I just don't think the Mac and Meat show was ever particularly good at any point in its history.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 pm 

pittmike wrote:

That's exactly what I do. I watch ESPN. I find Cowherd to be far more informed and entertaining than the score. The Scores basketball talk has always been lackluster. Goff was probably the most informed but he really is a joke when compared to the guys that ESPN presents as experts.

Let's talk some more Cubs rooftop or Wrigley renovation. Nothing really scintillates quite like that. Or can we have yet another conversation about White Sox attendance. How many yrs is that one going to be held. Maybe we can hold yet another conversation about Cutler or Bears mismanagement. You are right though. The score really should get away from NBA Finals talk.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.