It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Anyone else check out his YouTube series? Premise is that he and a partner tee it up from the forward tees and try to break 50 as a scramble team. I watched the one with John Daly the other day and last night watched him play with that Paige Spiranac chick. I think it is probably hit or miss depending on who he teams up with but overall a pretty interesting watch and it is generally under an hour to watch. I'll probably check out the Trump episode later this week. The Daly episode has been the best I've seen of the two, he is a pretty wild guy and kind of wish he had tried a bit harder but he was half in the bag drunk and was attempting putts with one hand at times.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:39 am 

T-Bone wrote:
The Daly episode has been the best I've seen of the two, he is a pretty wild guy and kind of wish he had tried a bit harder but he was half in the bag drunk and was attempting putts with one hand at times.

Daly seems like the "uber-version" of a lot of the guys I grew up with. Really talented at golf, but drinking a 12 pack during the round was just as important as shooting well. Who knows if Daly could have been really great if he was sober, or maybe drinking kept him relaxed enough to not overthink things too much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:45 am 

casual fan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
The Daly episode has been the best I've seen of the two, he is a pretty wild guy and kind of wish he had tried a bit harder but he was half in the bag drunk and was attempting putts with one hand at times.

Daly seems like the "uber-version" of a lot of the guys I grew up with. Really talented at golf, but drinking a 12 pack during the round was just as important as shooting well. Who knows if Daly could have been really great if he was sober, or maybe drinking kept him relaxed enough to not overthink things too much.

I've done my share of drinking on the course, foolishly thinking that the "swing juice" would help me stay loose and stay in the zone. What tends to happen is you can potentially find your zone that way but it doesn't last too long. I stopped doing that kind of thing a number of years ago and have found that I enjoy the golf much more without it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the trump one confirms trump is actually telling the truth that he's a good golfer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:35 am 

billypootons wrote:
the trump one confirms trump is actually telling the truth that he's a good golfer.

Yeah that is kinda what I wanted to see. I've heard varying accounts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
T-Bone wrote:
casual fan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I've done my share of drinking on the course, foolishly thinking that the "swing juice" would help me stay loose and stay in the zone. What tends to happen is you can potentially find your zone that way but it doesn't last too long. I stopped doing that kind of thing a number of years ago and have found that I enjoy the golf much more without it.

Daly is just an alcoholic with a terrible support system around him. Or lack thereof.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I'm too busy trying to break 50 on the front nine.

Drinking a beer may help me on one hole but then the wheels come completely off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:12 am 

I don't drink when playing either. Maybe one at the turn, but even that is rare. I did have one of the canned John Daly Cocktails out of the drink cart. It was a solid drink for a sunny day on the course.

I use the The Grint app for scoring and GPS. It has an option to enter whenever you have a drink and will keep stats drinking vs not drinking, drinks per round, avg over par before/after drinking, etc. :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:47 am 

That’s funny about entering drinks. I’ve heard of that app but not used it. I keep all my own stats on a spreadsheet. Watching the Trump episode now, he does hit the ball pretty well. His putting stroke is not too smooth. Very stabby.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:05 am 

Watched the most recent episode with Tony Romo and it was one of the more fun ones in my opinion. They played at Romo's home course but certainly looked like they shortened a number of holes to make it more likely they would shoot low. From what I could see it appeared they were teeing it up from the fairway to make a number of par 4's possibly driveable. Romo can definitely play but he also had a number of shots that weren't so good so that felt relatable at least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Watched the most recent episode with Tony Romo and it was one of the more fun ones in my opinion. They played at Romo's home course but certainly looked like they shortened a number of holes to make it more likely they would shoot low. From what I could see it appeared they were teeing it up from the fairway to make a number of par 4's possibly driveable. Romo can definitely play but he also had a number of shots that weren't so good so that felt relatable at least.

It was funny to watch Romo try to hit Bryson's driver.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
T-Bone wrote:

Isn’t the bit that they play from the forward tees, which makes every hole driveable for a guy like Bryson?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:25 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Isn’t the bit that they play from the forward tees, which makes every hole driveable for a guy like Bryson?

I guess it depends on the course played. I did find the scorecard for his course and they played it at roughly 5200 yards. There were 7 par fours under 300 yards which just seemed like a lot to me compared to others played. It was a fun episode.