It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Walked both the Mammoth Dunes and Sand Valley course up in Central Wisconsin yesterday. Both courses were in phenomenal shape for early May. They have been open for less than a week so the place was immaculate. mid 50s and a bit windy but no rain and I think the cool temps may have helped during the long day. The walk was 12 miles and took 8.5 hours. Unfortunately we didn't get a break between rounds which really would have been nice By the 5th hole on the second 18 the feet started really hurting and the back was starting to tighten up. Thankful we finished and overall it was memorable. I highly recommend the resort if you ever get a chance to play up there. They have built a lot more housing and the clubhouse is very cool. Played the Mammoth well, fairways are super wide and it is an easier and more "fun" course to play. I found Sand Valley to be quite a bit more challenging with much more narrow fairways and more penal for misses off the tee. The scorecard reflected this plus my body starting to give out on me. :lol:

Last edited by T-Bone on Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Sounds awesome!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
A full round and a nine hole round so far this week after three weeks off. My scorecard is crap but I'm generally executing better, taking more risk/reward shots instead of just popping 6 irons down the fairway.

Two more rounds this week, at courses I haven't played before out near Winston-Salem. One is an Arnold Palmer design which I suspect will kick my ass.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
T-Bone wrote:
Walked both the Mammoth Dunes and Sand Valley course up in Central Wisconsin yesterday. Both courses were in phenomenal shape for early May. They have been open for less than a week so the place was immaculate. mid 50s and a bit windy but no rain and I think the cool temps may have helped during the long day. The walk was 12 miles and took 8.5 hours. Unfortunately we didn't get a break between rounds which really would have been nice By the 5th hole on the second 18 the feet started really hurting and the back was starting to tighten up. Thankful we finished and overall it was memorable. I highly recommend the resort if you ever get a chance to play up there. They have built a lot more housing and the clubhouse is very cool. Played the Mammoth well, fairways are super wide and it is an easier and more "fun" course to play. I found Sand Valley to be quite a bit more challenging with much more narrow fairways and more penal for misses off the tee. The scorecard reflected this plus my body starting to give out on me. :lol:

My place is 15 minutes south of Sand Valley. You ever play Northern Bay? They have like seven replica holes.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:17 pm 

denisdman wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My place is 15 minutes south of Sand Valley. You ever play Northern Bay? They have like seven replica holes.

A dear friend of mine has a condo off of the 1st hole, I will be up there this summer.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:41 am 

denisdman wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Heard of it but never played there Denis.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
denisdman wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Lake Arrowhead, right across the street from Sand Valley is fantastic in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:12 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
denisdman wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Lake Arrowhead, right across the street from Sand Valley is fantastic in my opinion.

Seems like a nice area up there but it will be a long time before I drive all the way up there just to golf.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 am 

Well driving all that way there, walking 36 holes and then having to drive all the way back on the same day, might cause that. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Well driving all that way there, walking 36 holes and then having to drive all the way back on the same day, might cause that. :lol:

It didn't help. Left here at 6am and got back at 11pm. Then after we got all our clubs out and were ready to leave, my buddy locked his keys in the car so I had to wait another hour for his daughter to come bring his keys. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It didn't help. Left here at 6am and got back at 11pm. Then after we got all our clubs out and were ready to leave, my buddy locked his keys in the car so I had to wait another hour for his daughter to come bring his keys. :lol:

Nice :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm 

One of the guys in my regular group had a hole in one from 170 yards today. He’s about 60 and has golfed his whole life and it was his first one. Very cool moment.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am 

Anybody get out this weekend? A bit chilly and windy. The rain moved south for us so what I thought would be a washout turned into a nice and quick round this morning. Game starting to come around, I’ve been out 17 times so the rust is officially off.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:08 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
One of the guys in my regular group had a hole in one from 170 yards today. He’s about 60 and has golfed his whole life and it was his first one. Very cool moment.

Good for him. I've never witnessed one....other than my own :D

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:10 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I didn’t see either of my two :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:
denisdman wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

A dear friend of mine has a condo off of the 1st hole, I will be up there this summer.

Message me when you are up there. I am five minutes from Northern Bay.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:30 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I didn’t see either of my two :lol:

Humblebrag alert! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
Anybody get out this weekend? A bit chilly and windy. The rain moved south for us so what I thought would be a washout turned into a nice and quick round this morning. Game starting to come around, I’ve been out 17 times so the rust is officially off.
Yeah, I got out for 9 holes Saturday afternoon. First 6 holes it wasn't too bad. Overcast and cool, but not terrible. You could feel the temps dropping and the wind kicked up the last three holes which kinda sucked. Still was a lot better than my score. 52 (par 34 course, about 2400yd) which included 5 lost balls and 4 shanks. The only thing I did well was get up and down to save bogey three times and I didn't 3 putt. 3 of the 4 holes I used driver on the results were alright as well. Everything else was brutal. Not sure whats going on with my swing, but needless its fucked up right now and my game is no gouda to say the least. The course was in just tremendous shape though. Greens were just a bit on the slow side, but the conditions of the greens and fairways was just pristine. Best track I have played on so far this season.

I have never seen a hole in one and have never seen a hole out longer than about 40 or 50 yards. The closest I have seen was 6 or 7 years ago, one of the guys I used to play with regularly hit his second shot on a par 5 to about 6" for a tap in eagle.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:15 am 

Noticed the ball going about half a club further with the nicer weather and humidity yesterday. Threw off some approach shots and wedges but overall it was nice not to have to wear pants or a long sleeved shirt. I generally dislike humid weather but it wasn’t oppressive. I’m done golfing on the weekends by 9:15 so it never gets unbearable. Game coming together overall, like most just need to make some putts. Been keeping it in play for the most part. Conditions at my course are improving and the greens are starting to get quick which takes some adjusting to but overall I agree with. Almost to 20 rounds so I’m getting to play a decent amount.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 am 

Just got word a short time ago that one of the regulars in our weekend foursome died in his sleep last night. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ah damn, that sucks Tbone. Sorry to hear.

I'm hoping to get out Sunday afternoon for the first time in about 3 weeks. Given the last two rounds, I'm not really going to care about the score. I just want to enjoy the day and hit mostly good/decent shots.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ah damn, that sucks Tbone. Sorry to hear.

Yeah it is pretty sad. He just had his first hole in one with all of us 3 weeks ago.

Playing Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Been having some trouble with my new putter so I put it in jail for the weekend. The greens are drying out and getting quick so the heavier weights i have in the sole seems to be taking away some of my feel on the greens so I figured I would go back to my old trusty model for the weekend and see if it helps. I'm at 20 rounds so getting out a decent amount but likely behind what I need to reach my goal. A pair of 74s are my low scores for the season so haven't put it all together quite yet. Hitting the ball decent lately but short game hurting me.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Just got word a short time ago that one of the regulars in our weekend foursome died in his sleep last night. :cry:

That sucks.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That sucks.

Yeah, he was in his 60s so no spring chicken but we weren't aware of him being sick with anything so just tough when it happens very unexpectedly and we all just saw him both days last weekend.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am 

I played the Champions Course at the Golf Club of Houston (former home of the Houston Open) from the white tees so nothing spectacular, but still shot an 88 in what was at times a monsoon. I don't think I'll be below 95 all year so regardless of tee box, that was pretty fun.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:13 am 

One Post wrote:
I played the Champions Course at the Golf Club of Houston (former home of the Houston Open) from the white tees so nothing spectacular, but still shot an 88 in what was at times a monsoon. I don't think I'll be below 95 all year so regardless of tee box, that was pretty fun.

Nicely done, congrats.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:47 am 

2nd morning in a row with a frost delay. Memorial Day weekend? Cmon this is ridiculous. Playing with the course head professional his morning so looking for to that. He’s a good player so hoping to keep it close.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:03 am 

Played my first match in the season long match play. Played a really good player and was getting some stroked. On the first hole - 280 par 4 - he drives the green with a hybrid and promptly rolls in his eagle putt. But I hung in there and we had a back and forth match. I rolled in a bomb on 15 for birdie to go 1 up and closed him out on 17. We played in as he was 1 under par at that point. We both doubled 18 and he shot 71 to my 80. It's good to win a match against a player of his caliber who had his "A" game. My putter was hot. He had me on the ropes a few holes but I made every 4-7 footer I had to tie some holes. He had to be thinking wtf.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
Played my first match in the season long match play. Played a really good player and was getting some stroked. On the first hole - 280 par 4 - he drives the green with a hybrid and promptly rolls in his eagle putt. But I hung in there and we had a back and forth match. I rolled in a bomb on 15 for birdie to go 1 up and closed him out on 17. We played in as he was 1 under par at that point. We both doubled 18 and he shot 71 to my 80. It's good to win a match against a player of his caliber who had his "A" game. My putter was hot. He had me on the ropes a few holes but I made every 4-7 footer I had to tie some holes. He had to be thinking wtf.

I stopped reading after drove the 280 green with a hybrid. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:50 am 

-1 71 with a missed 4 footer. Made a couple I should not have made. Felt good

Edit— best round in over two years. Pretty happy with that. 5 birdies

Last edited by T-Bone on Mon May 31, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next