It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hit one of the craziest shots of my life today. 200 yd par 3 and I hit a perfect 5 hybrid. It looked to be right at the pin but couldn’t see it because the bottom of the pin was hidden behind a bunker. I got up there and the ball was 18 inches away. Based on the dew trail the ball had lipped out of the cup :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hoffy . did you buy your clubs or decide on what you’re getting yet? I just saw that sub 70 is having a 20% off sale on the 699V2 irons if youre still in the market

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Hit one of the craziest shots of my life today. 200 yd par 3 and I hit a perfect 5 hybrid. It looked to be right at the pin but couldn’t see it because the bottom of the pin was hidden behind a bunker. I got up there and the ball was 18 inches away. Based on the dew trail the ball had lipped out of the cup :lol:

Ouch! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:

Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:23 pm 

Class and Club Championship was last weekend. I finished 3rd in "A Class" after rounds of 83-79, four strokes of the lead. I played really well for 32 of the 36 holes. Took a 6 on a par 3 without a penalty stroke on the first day. I should have won the fucking thing damnit!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
Class and Club Championship was last weekend. I finished 3rd in "A Class" after rounds of 83-79, four strokes of the lead. I played really well for 32 of the 36 holes. Took a 6 on a par 3 without a penalty stroke on the first day. I should have won the fucking thing damnit!

That’ll do pig.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:

you ever gotten an ace?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:25 pm 

got invited to play golf by a vender. he suggested we head to his golf club in Glencoe and I was all fired up cause I'm thinking that's gotta be North Shore CC which is a fantastic place. then I get the evite and it's just Glencoe's public muni. Oh well, free golf on a Friday afternoon is still gonna be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:30 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

you ever gotten an ace?

I’ve had two in 40+ years of playing. Holed out from the fairway probably half a dozen times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:40 am 

Franky T wrote:

That’s too bad Franky. Should make you hungry for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:08 am 

Playing in my club's Calcutta this weekend for the first time. I've never played because I didn't want to be the team's "A" player. We have quite a few young guys who are new members with low handicaps and enough of them signed up that I will be a "B" player. Team drawing is tonight with the auction on Thursday. Should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I'm just glad people still talk about golf on this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:30 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

Hi Ugie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:

Hi Ugie

Howdy Hawg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:28 am 

Playing Makray in Barrington on Sunday. Haven't played it before, but from what I have read online, has some of the fastest greens around. That's specifically why I wanted to try it. We'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:08 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Playing Makray in Barrington on Sunday. Haven't played it before, but from what I have read online, has some of the fastest greens around. That's specifically why I wanted to try it. We'll see how it goes.

I've played it a bunch. Very fast greens. The real issue though is the size of the greens on holes 2-4. #2 isn't that bad, but it's such an awkward hole with a severe dogleft left that doesn't allow for driver off the tee. Hole 3 has another should I or shouldn't I decision with the driver as it is a dog left right with a stream cutting across the fairway. Then you have the green which is about half the size of a small muni green and has some interesting traps surrounding it. Hole #4 is the real kick in the nuts. Par 3 downhill to a long but very thin peanut shaped green with a massive valley in the middle of it. Right of the green is a pond located about 1-2 yards off the green with a downhill slope into the water. To the left of the green is a 200 year old massive tree with branches everywhere. So basically if you don't hit the green off the tee you are looking at double bogey. If you put the ball on tghe green but on the wrong side of the valley you are looking at 3 putt. Only possible bail out is in front of the green which isn't a terrible place to be if the pin is up front.

Its a tough but fun course. And a solid grill tent at the turn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:17 am 

Ugie have you played anywhere interesting this year? Tested any new products that you highly recommend?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:34 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:

Ugie have you played anywhere interesting this year? Tested any new products that you highly recommend?

Unfortunately I haven't played much golf this year since we decided to get a new puppy. However, the Mizuno MP 225 irons are in the bag at the moment and they are truly outstanding. The Callaway AI Smoke Paradym driver is also elite.

Above all of that, though, I highly recommend Meridian Putters. They are made-to-order right out of Wisconsin and are phenomenal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:50 am 

Yes, puppies can be an awful lot of work. What kind of dog? I still own two sets of Mizuno's ( MP-33 and MP-25 ) and can vouch for the quality of their product. Never tried a Meridian before but have seen them online. I've always had Ping or Scotty's. Hope you are able to get out some more before the season is over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:25 am 

Impulse decision, but weather is nice, so taking the afternoon off to play The Preserve in Wooddale. Had a small discount online, so let's go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
As golf is a game of " milestones" Ive managed to break the dreaded 100 plateau 5 straight times now with a low of 93 . So we're getting there. Was at 38 through 8 at the Joe Jemsek course at St Andrews in West Chicago couple days ago ( wasnt even aware of my score until my playing partner mentioned it) and 9 is a par 5 which I of course completely mangled and took a fucking 9 on which totally blew my mindset for about 6 holes and ended up 47-52 for a 99. I know I can break 90 ( and firmly believe mid 80's should be a regularly attainable score for me eventually ) before the year is out just need to keep the 2 or 3 blow up holes off the scorecard. Hate this game !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:44 pm 

Good job rogue. Keep grinding!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:20 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Impulse decision, but weather is nice, so taking the afternoon off to play The Preserve in Wooddale. Had a small discount online, so let's go.

How did this and Mackray go?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:45 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
casual fan wrote:

How did this and Mackray go?

78 Friday at the Preserve. Wild off the tee, and had 4 balls in the hazards. 2 were drivers that i wouldn’t have tried if it was a tournament/serious round.

76 today at Makray. +6 after 11, but played the last 7 in -1 to salvage a decent round. Too many sloppy approach shots to score better. Greens are definitely fast. Starter said they were running 11 on the stimp. Course needs some rain.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:48 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Our "A" player works at Sub 70 - John Daly is playing their clubs. From what I have read they have no deal with him, Daly just likes the clubs. He confirmed that. Pretty cool.

John Daly was in Sycamore yesterday at Sub 70.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:24 am 

Weather shaping up really nice for some Labor Day weekend golf. Currently sitting at 49 eighteen hole rounds. Trying to make the final push to 70 these last two months but looking like I might come up a bit short.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:32 pm 

Decided to take the day off today and golf four mornings in a row. Weather wasn’t the best but most of the rain moved on by 7am and my buddy and I got around in 2 hours with just some light sprinkling during maybe 35% of the round. Looking forward to the next few days as the courses I play are in prime shape and I have a buddy from out of state coming up tomorrow so should be a good time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:38 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Decided to take the day off today and golf four mornings in a row. Weather wasn’t the best but most of the rain moved on by 7am and my buddy and I got around in 2 hours with just some light sprinkling during maybe 35% of the round. Looking forward to the next few days as the courses I play are in prime shape and I have a buddy from out of state coming up tomorrow so should be a good time.

I bailed from work early myself to play. Looks like great weather for the rest of the weekend. Should be four good days of golf.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:10 pm 

I have had such an up and down season. This weekend is a perfect example. Friday -77, Saturday - 87, Sunday -80, today -78.

#17 has killed me all year - might as well just give me a double and not even play the hole. Par 4 with the river in front of the tee and winding down the right side and the hole moves right. A tall tree on the other side of the river about 190 yards out. I KNOW my normal driver goes right over that fucking tree easily and I'm in the middle of the fairway about 120 out. Every time I seem to I pull my drive left into the trees through the fairway and from there I make a 6 (water on the right side of the green and a very tough green complex). That damn hole is in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:30 am 

Franky T wrote:
I have had such an up and down season. This weekend is a perfect example. Friday -77, Saturday - 87, Sunday -80, today -78.

#17 has killed me all year - might as well just give me a double and not even play the hole. Par 4 with the river in front of the tee and winding down the right side and the hole moves right. A tall tree on the other side of the river about 190 yards out. I KNOW my normal driver goes right over that fucking tree easily and I'm in the middle of the fairway about 120 out. Every time I seem to I pull my drive left into the trees through the fairway and from there I make a 6 (water on the right side of the green and a very tough green complex). That damn hole is in my head.

That kind of sounds like my weekend. This season has been rounds with and without blow up holes, mostly the double bogey variety. Other most frustrating part of my game has been my bunker play. Last year was my best year out of the sand by far with a 42% sand save average, this year I'm at 23%. It's mostly confidence and a little technique issue as I like to peek to see where the ball is going and have thinned a number of them. The final thing I've had issues with is trying to hit a cut off the tee. I used to be able to swing 80% and cut across the ball and voila but now more times than not when I try I end up straight pulling the ball left. There are a number of left to right holes on the courses I play so it's definitely been a struggle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next