It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/68 ... -game-87-7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 am 

Quote:
Tim Jennings is an 8-year veteran of the National Football League. He started his NFL career with the Indianapolis Colts in 2006, before coming to the Chicago Bears in 2010. As a Bears player, he has twice been a Pro Bowler (201, 2013).

wow, the pro bowl existed back in 201? tim jennings is oooollld...

seriously, i thought i was bad a proof reading my reviews which i don't get paid for nor is my site purported to be relevant at all in any way...this kind of stuff is all over online news. it's really sad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:16 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:39 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Was that written by Howard Griffith's PR guy? 1/2 the article is Griffith's resume.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Seeing as though it came from Larz' site, I'm not surprised if he wrote it himself with Griffith's approval.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
That's novel. A station that wouldn't tolerate an absentee midday host. Amateurs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
With Howard Griffith having to abruptly leave the 12pm-3pm show because of his commitments to the B1G Network, it just makes me wonder how much thought management put into assembling the programming lineup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:06 pm 

WindyCityBreeze wrote:
With Howard Griffith having to abruptly leave the 12pm-3pm show because of his commitments to the B1G Network, it just makes me wonder how much thought management put into assembling the programming lineup.

Well wgn has done ok. Larry Wert did ok with his WLUP lineup. They might have known, just guessing that this signal is bad. They are planing on a launch when they negotiate a signal. Maybe they will sink but this isn't their end game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

Well wgn has done ok. Larry Wert did ok with his WLUP lineup. They might have known, just guessing that this signal is bad. They are planing on a launch when they negotiate a signal. Maybe they will sink but this isn't their end game.

Other stations have been on this signal with less promotion in the past few years and got 5 times the ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Was that written by Howard Griffith's PR guy? 1/2 the article is Griffith's resume.

Maybe SHARK wrote it.

Looking at the resume, though, makes me wonder why HG can't seem to stay put in one place very long...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

Other stations have been on this signal with less promotion in the past few years and got 5 times the ratings.

WKQX which was one of the dumbest assassinations of a station? Q101 panicked. Not sure of your other examples though and honestly they may be valid,I seriously am not up on what else occupied that signal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
87.7 launched as alternative country (I would have liked to have heard this). When WNUA flipped to Norteno in '09, 87.7 took on the smooth jazz format and personalities that NUA lost. A few months after Merlin killed Q101 but before they killed FM News, they bought the rights to 87.7 (but not the station itself) and relaunched WKQX as modern alternative rather than the alpha-male douchebag format it had for most of its dying days. In January of this year, Cumulus bought the two Merlin stations and 87.7's LMA rights, migrated WKQX back to 101.1, and eventually sold the LMA to Tribune for The Game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Minooka Meatball wrote:

Maybe SHARK wrote it.

Looking at the resume, though, makes me wonder why HG can't seem to stay put in one place very long...

You rang? SHARK didn't return to this board until Sunday night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Minooka Meatball wrote:

Maybe SHARK wrote it.

Because he is bad at talking.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:43 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

Maybe SHARK wrote it.

Because he is bad at talking.

If he's bad at talking, why has BTN started to use Howard more? Besides, he's still at ratings challenged FOX 32 on "FOX Kickoff Sunday" before "Bears GameDay Live" Sunday mornings.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

The ratings that previous stations got on 87.7 have no relevance to The Game. Their plan is to move The Game to a real frequency that is a lot stronger than the 3000 watts that is 87.7. Then they will unleash the marketing and publicity monster tnat is WGN.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

The ratings that previous stations got on 87.7 has no relevance to The Game. Their plan is to move The Game to a real frequency that is a lot stronger than the 3000 watts that is 87.7. Then they will unleash the marketing and publicity monster tnat is WGN.

Guys, that's the real key. Can Tribune find such a station with a stronger FM signal?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:

The ratings that previous stations got on 87.7 has no relevance to The Game. Their plan is to move The Game to a real frequency that is a lot stronger than the 3000 watts that is 87.7. Then they will unleash the marketing and publicity monster tnat is WGN.

It is relevant because people are blaming the low ratings on the poor frequency.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 pm 

I understand that that's their plan, Scorehead. But perhaps sandbagging it at 87.7 and then unleashing the monster on a new frequency is a bad plan. The Score was on a crappy AM daytimer to start and they hustled like hell to get their name out there. That some radios can't get 87.7 has proven to be a bit of a canard with the way KQX was beating established AM and FM stations on the same bad signal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I understand that that's their plan, Scorehead. But perhaps sandbagging it at 87.7 and then unleashing the monster on a new frequency is a bad plan. The Score was on a crappy AM daytimer to start and they hustled like hell to get their name out there. That some radios can't get 87.7 has proven to be a bit of a canard with the way KQX was beating established AM and FM stations on the same bad signal.

So how did that plan work out for The Score? The Games strategy is nearly identical to the Score back in 1992...except The Game has a lot more money behind it.

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:25 am 

SH: The ratings suck because it's a bad frequency.

DB: Actually, other stations somehow managed to get 5 times the ratings of The Game on that same frequency with less promotion.

SH: That's irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

The difference though is 820 was trying to develop a format, where as the Game is looking to steal an established market. Ebay sniping.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The difference though is 820 was trying to develop a format, where as the Game is looking to steal an established market. Ebay sniping.

Exactly. Also why the Alternative format thrived on the signal. Devotees of a format will find it if it's the only one of it's kind in the market.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:33 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
SH: The ratings suck because it's a bad frequency.

DB: Actually, other stations somehow managed to get 5 times the ratings of The Game on that same frequency with less promotion.

SH: That's irrelevant.

Those other stations didn't start with the ratings that they ended with. It took time to build ratings. The Game will grow but will never ever be in a position to compete with WSCR & WMVP if they don't move to a real frequency, which they will do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
So all The Game has to do is:

Change frequency
Change lineup
Advertise more

Sounds like a great plan so far!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
So all The Game has to do is:

Change frequency
Change lineup
Advertise more

Sounds like a great plan so far!!

I don't think they will make big changes to their lineup, but they will add a couple of guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:43 pm 

Everyone but Brandmeier and Kaplan should be replaced. And I don't even like Father Of The Year, but I'll concede that he serves a purpose and isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:54 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Those other stations didn't start with the ratings that they ended with.

Wrong again:

Quote:
Q87.7 debuted almost a year ago, what have been the highlights of the first year on-air?
PJ: Well, we signed on May 6 (2012), and hit our November ratings projections by July (That's in 2 months, SH), so that was definitely a high-five moment. The biggest highlight for me, though, was our first Christmas show last December. We had no idea what to expect with our first show, and managed to sell it out in eight days. Then, come show day, the place was packed almost from moment one, and to hear 5,000 people even sing along to the music we played in-between bands…the vibe was amazing, and it really showed evidence of a community we had hoped we had been building.

After all the dust has settled, Q87.7 currently has essentially the same ratings share that Q101 did in the first place (2.1 AQH Persons 6+ in March), but with a weaker signal. What have been the challenges with the 87.7 LP frequency?
PJ: Well, to be fair, we're a low-power TV station, not a low-power FM. So, while many LPFMs have signal issues, ours is more of a "radio issue." Not every radio tunes past 87.9, but if yours does, you can hear us pretty clearly to about 80 miles outside the city. But that radio issue has certainly manifested itself in the form of smaller cume than what Q101 had, which we expected when we launched. We've been fortunate, though, to have made up for it (and then some) in TSL.

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2645342

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Scorehead wrote:
Those other stations didn't start with the ratings that they ended with.

Another low-information radio listener.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Everyone but Brandmeier and Kaplan should be replaced. And I don't even like Father Of The Year, but I'll concede that he serves a purpose and isn't going anywhere.

Night game is really good IMHO. Still agree with what you say. JB, Kap, Mac will be the faces. Some of the other personnel will stay, Harry for sure likely Finfer if not just as macs producer.