It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Any change in the shows? Sounds like Leary put on his best shoes for the new boss in town? Spiegs shouldnt be practicing for his other job....? Couldnt imagine if a new CEO came in to a real estate company I was working at and everyone told the new guy , I was in Arizona working on an investment I bought for myself. Dont care if I took my own time off and if you think it is OK, then you never worked for someone who does care.

Guessing the Idiot calls on B&B are down now and Matty isnt turning down the volume on callers so Danny can yell over them? Alwways makes radio guys look like such pussies when they do that or fall back to the "are we going to have a conversation?" crap.

Say what you want. Someones head is rolling and I can only imagine the big money $$$ afternoon assholes with the declining ratings have to be front and certain.

Just in time for a Mac,Kap and Finji!

M&H might even have a little more pep in the step, but that 3 AM thing has to be killing mully.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
M&H are safe as they are a ratings juggernaut. Speigs and Goff are probably safe as they are winning their slot and are relatively cheap.

B&B? High paid talent and losing or tied in their slot for the last quarter. They are in danger. Terry's retirement means $500k comes off of the books. That's significant for an operation 670's size, but more cuts will be coming. If Dan survives, his co-host will be someone they can get cheap.

I know Mac has a contract, but I doubt he'd be able to return even if he were free anyways in this environment as his salary demands wouldn't mesh with what CBS wants to spend. I'm kind of disappointed as Mac was appointment radio for me and my dream of his triumphant return is dead now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mully and Hanley are safe, Dan is safe, Goff and Leery are safe. Spiegel is the one I can see being in danger. I don't think the Score has viewed him as anything but an expiring contract since Mac left. Does the midday show still have three producers? If so, they won't. Les is probably gone, sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
bigfan wrote:
Any change in the shows? Sounds like Leary put on his best shoes for the new boss in town? Spiegs shouldnt be practicing for his other job....? Couldnt imagine if a new CEO came in to a real estate company I was working at and everyone told the new guy , I was in Arizona working on an investment I bought for myself. Dont care if I took my own time off and if you think it is OK, then you never worked for someone who does care.
Guessing the Idiot calls on B&B are down now and Matty isnt turning down the volume on callers so Danny can yell over them? Alwways makes radio guys look like such pussies when they do that or fall back to the "are we going to have a conversation?" crap.
Say what you want. Someones head is rolling and I can only imagine the big money $$$ afternoon assholes with the declining ratings have to be front and certain.

M&H might even have a little more pep in the step, but that 3 AM thing has to be killing mully.

As I said in another thread, B&B were completely neutered today. Dan was on his best behavior. It was very apparent that they were intentionally trying to do a straight forward sports talk show. Other than Friday fung, I dont think they took a single call. There was no social comentary at all. No tom foolery from the producers either. I dont think we will ever see the old Berns again.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think this new guy is gonna be shocked at the Culture at the SCORE. Just how they're all angry, bitter scumbags. How little effort is given into the shows. Both by the talent and the producers. He'll be especially shocked at how the lowly, backup, punk ass producers are allowed to behave like ass holes on the air. We know why. They're comfortable doing it cuz their leader, Lord Bernstein, does it. Mitch and Zim allowed it. No way this new guy will. I think his first conversation will be with Mitch....

Tim: How the hell did you allow your bitches to get this way? In all my years at radio stations, I've never seen so many disgusting, uncivilized, dumb ass people. Where did you find them and why did you hire them? How did you keep them for so long once you figured them out?

Mitch: :oops:

Terry doesn't care cuz he's retiring. Bernstein is sweating this. He had complete run of that station for 10 years. His power got really strong in the last 5 years.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
Mully and Hanley are safe, Dan is safe, Goff and Leery are safe. Spiegel is the one I can see being in danger. I don't think the Score has viewed him as anything but an expiring contract since Mac left. Does the midday show still have three producers? If so, they won't. Les is probably gone, sadly.

No way Berns is safe with his salary. He doesnt have the ratings to justify $500K.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
No way Berns is safe with his salary. He doesnt have the ratings to justify $500K.

Do we know that's what he makes? Don't you think he'll take less if it comes to that? I thought he signed an extension fairly recently. They won't pay him to stay home.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:

Seriously, you may be the 3rd worst predictor of what will happen on the Score (BD and Sid being the worst). :roll:

Edit: sorry, 4th after Scorehead. His bad predictions on politics, radio and the Bears always rank near the top.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
What?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think Bernstein is 500k. Feder reported that Terry makes the most at the station at that amount. Which makes sense. I mean he's been there for 25 years. So he gets a bump in salary every time his contract expires and boom...you get up to 500k. When you consider North made 1 million at one point, Boers can get to that number.

Bernstein is probably between 350-400k. That's still a lot in today's radio climate. So, yeah, the new guy is gonna be aware of that in these cost cutting times. Bernstein is not safe.

I get the feeling that Spiegel and Goff are really cheap. Cuz I once heard them talking about how they can't wait until pay day comes so they can pay their bills. Which kind of shocked me. Especially for a guy like Goff. Single with no kids and he's living pay check to pay check with a midday radio show in Chicago?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Do we know that's what he makes? Don't you think he'll take less if it comes to that? I thought he signed an extension fairly recently. They won't pay him to stay home.

Garry Meier says "hello".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

That was political more than anything. I don't think there's an equivalent issue with Dan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
The lineup is mostly awful. The amount of fantasy talk is just sickening. Football talk is fun when the Bears are good, but REALLY bad and repetitive when they aren't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 pm 

The execs dont make ratings. Hosts do. And the scores best host is little bitch bernstein. Dont expect anything to be different.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Yep.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
What if they broke up Mully and Hanley. Put Hanley with Burnfield to get a good baseball focus during the summer.

Maybe Mitch can think outside of the box and start experimenting. Something like rotating hosts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:58 pm 

Scorehead doesnt deseve to have a comment on this. He doesn't even pay his debts equal to 0.000001% of Bernstein's salary.

Last edited by Douchebag on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:58 pm 

What if they replaced mully and boring with mike north politics in the morning?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead doesnt deseve to have a comment on this. He doesn't even pay his debts equal to 0.000001% of Bernstein's salary.

I'm leaning that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
What if they broke up Mully and Hanley. Put Hanley with Burnfield to get a good baseball focus during the summer.

Maybe Mitch can think outside of the box and start experimenting. Something like rotating hosts.

The College of Radio Hosts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

That was political more than anything. I don't think there's an equivalent issue with Dan.

Many radio companies paid their talent to be off the air just to get their changes going asap. Dahl, Conn, Mac at ESPN to name a few.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Many radio companies paid their talent to be off the air just to get their changes going asap. Dahl, Conn, Mac at ESPN to name a few.

You can lay back down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:14 pm 

Roe Conn was off the air for, what, two months before WGN picked him up? And Garry was only off WGN because they knew Roe was coming in and couldn't have both of them there.

If CBS is in such a budgetary situation where Rod fucking Zimmerman has been deemed a spendthrift, they're not going to pay a loyal foot soldier like Bernstein to not come to work, no matter how much you guys may wish it so.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IkeSouth wrote:
The execs dont make ratings. Hosts do. And the scores best host is little bitch bernstein. Dont expect anything to be different.

If you're judging by ratings, then Danny Boy is in real trouble. His pay relative to his performance in his time slot is poor. M&H would be their best hosts based upon the measured results. Spiegs and Goff would be above B&B if winning your time slot is the metric we use.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 pm 

WeeKnee wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

If you're judging by ratings, then Danny Boy is in real trouble. His pay relative to his performance in his time slot is poor. M&H would be their best hosts based upon the measured results. Spiegs and Goff would be above B&B if winning your time slot is the metric we use.

Wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't you get the feeling that Mitch has to be embarrassed and nervous right now? It's like when somebody comes to your place unannounced and it's a mess with dishes in the sink, dirty floors and counters, and laundry on the couch.

In other words, Mitch knows that his new boss is about to see his filthy house. For years it was fine under the cover of him and Zim. Now his new boss is gonna walk in and say "What the fuck?" :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can just picture it.

The new boss walks into the studio unannounced. What does he see?

-Drinky dry humping Ranger

-Goff quickly shutting the lap top cuz he's on the porn site blackgirlsdoanything.com

-Larry quicklly shutting the lap top cuz he's on the porn site blackguysdoanything.com

-Spiegel quickly cleaning up his station which is full of fast food wrapers. Wiping the stains off his shirt.

- Bernstein sticking pins in a Joe Paterno doll

- Ostrowski on the phone pleading with his bookie not to cut his thumbs off.

Mitch: :shock: It's not always like this, sir. I've never seen this before.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Like I can just picture it.

The new boss walks into the studio unannounced. What does he see?

-Drinky dry humping Ranger

-Goff quickly shutting the lap top cuz he's on the porn site blackgirlsdoanything.com

-Larry quicklly shutting the lap top cuz he's on the porn site blackguysdoanything.com

-Spiegel quickly cleaning up his station which is full of fast food wrapers. Wiping the stains off his shirt.

- Bernstein sticking pins in a Joe Paterno doll

- Ostrowski on the phone pleading with his bookie not to cut his thumbs off.

Mitch: :shock: It's not always like this, sir. I've never seen this before.

Dude, shut the fuck up.