It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike North
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 am 

Do you think Spiegel was making 6 figures when he was in the exact same position as North?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 am 

You guys do realize that North will soon have a full time gig there?

They fired Steve Czaban, replaced him with Stephen A. Smith who failed, and then they got two other bad guys who they got rid of, and replaced them with two other guys who are bad.

North is next in line here. He'll be a full time national radio host within a year I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You guys do realize that North will soon have a full time gig there?

They fired Steve Czaban, replaced him with Stephen A. Smith who failed, and then they got two other bad guys who they got rid of, and replaced them with two other guys who are bad.

North is next in line here. He'll be a full time national radio host within a year I think.

You think Fox fill ins make 6 figures?

I guess so...id think a little lower than that though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
rogers park bryan wrote:
Do you think Spiegel was making 6 figures when he was in the exact same position as North?

Spiegel isn't North. Not even close. Never will be.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am 

Scorehead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Doesnt matter.

Same position. You think they payed up to get Mike North to be the fill in?

Is that how you do business. You pay people more than you have to based on questionable work they did 20 years ago?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:39 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
You think Fox fill ins make 6 figures?

I guess so...id think a little lower than that though.
Probably not a small time guy like Spiegel was. North probably does.

Fox Sports is listed as having about 400 affiliates. They also have an XM deal. I can only assume that Fox Sports radio takes in significantly more than the Score by sheer numbers alone. They had enough cash to get a name like Stephen A. Smith to do a show, who failed miserably.

When North gets his full time gig he'll be making well over that, and it wouldn't shock me if he also got some chances with Fox Sports on other stuff too. It's funny. He does seem to be a rising star for a struggling radio network. They probably want to keep him happy so he doesn't destroy them with internet radio on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Doesnt matter.

Is that how you do business. You pay people more than you have to based on questionable work they did 20 years ago?
North isn't a fill-in. He's next up for a full time gig.

To be honest, he's better than just about anything else on that network too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Doesnt matter.

North isn't a fill-in. He's next up for a full time gig.

To be honest, he's better than just about anything else on that network too.

Wasnt he a fill in when he was hired? I was referring to his original deal with Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Wasnt he a fill in when he was hired? I was referring to his original deal with Fox
Yeah, he was a fill-in and weekend guy. I doubt he was close to $100k then.

His role is rapidly expanding. He even gets featured on the commercials I hear when listening to Rome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Yeah, he was a fill-in and weekend guy. I doubt he was close to $100k then.

His role is rapidly expanding. He even gets featured on the commercials I hear when listening to Rome.

Rack em /\

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If he's maing 120k, but has those outstanding mortgages on those pondfront properties, and his PR home and whatever he's scammed in Vegas, he's bleeding cash like crazy.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:07 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I don't understand the fascination with North's financials. Whether it be his salary, his investments, his properties........

I only care about what he does while he's on the radio.

Aside from the morning show, I've always found him incredibly entertaining.

There would be no CSFMB, if there hadn't been a Mike North first.

1. I was just challenging Scorehead's ignorance. He regularly states things as facts that are wrong

2. Chet is the Godfather of Sports radio and dont you ever forget it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm 

Chet made the SCORE neccessary because people like dolphin thought they needed a voice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I don't understand the fascination with North's financials. Whether it be his salary, his investments, his properties........

1. I was just challenging Scorehead's ignorance. He regularly states things as facts that are wrong

What 'fact' about Mike North did I post that was incorrect?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Chet made the SCORE neccessary because people like dolphin thought they needed a voice.

not so much a voice for me but a branch of the 4th estate that was not a pr wing of the teams they covered

Remember, we had Chet and Swirsky. Giangreco was considered the rebel because he would poke them every one in a while. If you remember, Ditka was enraged at Giangreco for playing a parody of the Super Bowl Shuffle after they lost the next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm 

North changed coverage in this town. The Score would have been more than happy to go the Chet route. They had their lineup entrenched people like Boers, Hanley, Jiggs. At the last minute Bruce Wolfe declined and they hired North. He was different than the rest. The others followed suit when the saw his success.

This town would be Bruce Levine clones without North.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
After spending years in an all cash business, I'm sure North knows a trick or two

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
North changed coverage in this town. The Score would have been more than happy to go the Chet route. They had their lineup entrenched people like Boers, Hanley, Jiggs. At the last minute Bruce Wolfe declined and they hired North. He was different than the rest. The others followed suit when the saw his success.

You have a thing for North don't you? Odd I wouldn't think you'd like him as much as you do...why?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was listening when North dropped the bomb on Mike McCaskey. I don't think he's been on the radio since. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:41 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You have a thing for North don't you? Odd I wouldn't think you'd like him as much as you do...why?

I respect his accomplishments for a station that I enjoyed. I think he is ultimately a good guy whose ignorance and lack of self control get him into trouble. At his peak, I think he was a guy who both loved sports and appreciated his listeners. I don't get that feeling from many at the station.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:41 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Well, you posted that he got the White Sox job last week.

You posted that you knew his deal was 6 figures than admitted you were guessing.

That is the past week's stuff, I could go on...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

not so much a voice for me but a branch of the 4th estate that was not a pr wing of the teams they covered

Remember, we had Chet and Swirsky. Giangreco was considered the rebel because he would poke them every one in a while. If you remember, Ditka was enraged at Giangreco for playing a parody of the Super Bowl Shuffle after they lost the next year.

Yeah Im a tad young for that. I remember Chet having a show but I was unaware of the inner workings of sports and media...I was 12 when the Score started

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:

You posted that you knew his deal was 6 figures than admitted you were guessing.

No. I didn't start the North thread, but I supported the idea of North joining Farmer. As a matter of fact, a few days before the January 2 announcement, I posted that I didn't think North was getting the Sox gig, & that there was something else on the horizon for him.

With regards to Norths Fox salary, here are my posts in this thread:

Norths Fox deal is well into 6 figures. Remember, Jeff "Spaceball" Schwartz, who is a close personal frond of Norths, is an executive at Fox Sports Radio & responsible for hiring him.

I have a pretty good idea what some radio guys make including Northy. What, do you think hes working for Fox for $50K? It's 6 figures. If you add up all of Norths jobs, he's doing alright for himself. He knows how to sell himself & he's got another new gig on the horizon. North will always have work.

Some of my customers are manufacturers of radio broadcast equipment, sound boards, microphones, etc...I have been in radio studios during shows & know a few people who know alot of on air talent. North makes 6 figures at Fox. Its ok if you don't want to believe that though. It's no big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:

No. I didn't start the North thread, but I supported the idea of North joining Farmer.

Here is what you wrote in this very thread on 3 pages ago

Scorehead wrote:
North is a PR move who will bring increased visibility to the White Sox radio games & most certainly will lead to an increase in listeners.

Wrong

Scorehead wrote:
Some of my customers are manufacturers of radio broadcast equipment, sound boards, microphones, etc...I have been in radio studios during shows & know a few people who know alot of on air talent. North makes 6 figures at Fox. Its ok if you don't want to believe that though. It's no big deal.

:lol: @ the large font part.

I think 6 figures is a bit much for a fill in host. Knowing a few sound guys just means access to good hard drugs, not inside info on the talent's salary.

Anyway, whatever he makes, you dont know for sure so presenting it like you do is dumb.

Anything else, TG?
(Maybe you could accuse IrishBoy of plagurism again thru a mult )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
North with his shirt off?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
that is billy north, his drunk brother from Georgia. :lol: i would bet the guy in this picture and our own M. Nort have similar views on certain subjects.

Franky T wrote:
North with his shirt off?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah Im a tad young for that. I remember Chet having a show but I was unaware of the inner workings of sports and media...I was 12 when the Score started

The best part of Chet's show on AM 1000 after Steve Dahl was the Friday Night Fights. I still remember the night Irish Bill kicked Dangerous Dan McNeil's ass on the Friday Night Fights. Is Irish Bill still around?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 am 

Didn't Irish Bill call in a few Months ago? I'm pretty sure I heard him on Macs show. Maybe it was another old timer & I have them mixed up?
What about cheesehead Scott, Cleveland Mike, & Rafey from Berwyn? I remember going to a remote at Ron Santos Restaurant with the Heavy Fuel Crew. This was when they would do WYC live & the crappers would line up, & all 3 of these classic scoreheads were there. Damn those were fun times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:57 am 

Raphael is no longer with us. He went too young, too soon, and is missed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
So whatever happened to Mike North?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 76  Next