It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Terry Boers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Better get the orchestra in to start rehearing “ La Marseillaise” .

I would guess that Terry would think that is quite fitting.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has given Dan instructions to play it for him

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 am 

Brick wrote:
This is sad. We really were luck to have B&B for so long. Nothing else has come close to it since it went off the air even if it had flaws post-Penn State.

He'll go into the HOF wearing a Heavy Fuel Crew hat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
To really honor Terry, his wake should be broadcasted via a really shitty ISDN line.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordanos
Shocking that your IQ is just below the ratio between your weight and your educational attainment... Terry Boers is worth 100 of you. You will be dust in the ground, forgotten by history and your own family (please tell me you haven't yet procreated), and still people will remember Terry...

[quote="denisdman"]Ron Santo and Count Fagula await his arrival. One will pound him in the face, while the other pounds his ass. And justice for all. God bless.[/quote

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordanos
Do you know Jay? Do you know Terry?

Do you know their relationship?

I thought not. So, now - go back to your parents' basement and try not make shit-stains that your mom can't beach out....

Jay is the typical mid 40's wimpy white guy who wants everyone to know he's woke. Nothing he says is authentic.[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Never figured good dolphin for a multer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
And I thought Maddux Boy was just a burrito on the phone sucking off Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:14 pm 

Franky T wrote:
And I thought Maddux Boy was just a burrito on the phone sucking off Bernstein.

The board did need a real burrito since it turned out "Just a Gay Guy" wasn't

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i wonder if maddux boy will become a regular contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
i wonder if maddux boy will become a regular contributor

It's the only place he'll be able to chat since 670 doesn't really take callers anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
This is sad. We really were luck to have B&B for so long. Nothing else has come close to it since it went off the air even if it had flaws post-Penn State.

B&B was both better and more popular. And I say that as a fan of HFC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

HFC was better in its totality. B&B had its good years but it had an almost equal number of bad years once Terry checked out and Dan thought Penn State was the only thing that mattered. HFC never went through that phase.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
maddux_boy wrote:
Shocking that your IQ is just below the ratio between your weight and your educational attainment... Terry Boers is worth 100 of you. You will be dust in the ground, forgotten by history and your own family (please tell me you haven't yet procreated), and still people will remember Terry...

denisdman wrote:
Ron Santo and Count Fagula await his arrival. One will pound him in the face, while the other pounds his ass. And justice for all. God bless.[/quote

maddux_boy wrote:

I thought not. So, now - go back to your parents' basement and try not make shit-stains that your mom can't beach out....

Jay is the typical mid 40's wimpy white guy who wants everyone to know he's woke. Nothing he says is authentic.

Thank you for calling this out. Someone's life is in balance here and the person you reference posts very inappropriate comments.

I post about the broken system of the baseball hall of fame and have some fun w/ the packers blowing the nfc champ game yet again but the same poster and his like cry like babies complaining i'm ruining this place.

True colors shining thru.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:31 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:

HFC was better in its totality. B&B had its good years but it had an almost equal number of bad years once Terry checked out and Dan thought Penn State was the only thing that mattered. HFC never went through that phase.

HFC is the best it'll get for Terry and Danny. BB isn't even in the conversation. HFC was a well oiled machine and the chemistry was outstanding between the hosts, producers, listeners, and callers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
HawaiiYou wrote:
maddux_boy wrote:

denisdman wrote:
Ron Santo and Count Fagula await his arrival. One will pound him in the face, while the other pounds his ass. And justice for all. God bless.[/quote

maddux_boy wrote:

Jay is the typical mid 40's wimpy white guy who wants everyone to know he's woke. Nothing he says is authentic.

Thank you for calling this out. Someone's life is in balance here and the person you reference posts very inappropriate comments.

I post about the broken system of the baseball hall of fame and have some fun w/ the packers blowing the nfc champ game yet again but the same poster and his like cry like babies complaining i'm ruining this place.

Do you think Terry's jokes about Ron Santo were appropriate and should escape criticism?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:43 pm 

Franky T wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
maddux_boy wrote:

denisdman wrote:

maddux_boy wrote:

Do you think Terry's jokes about Ron Santo were appropriate and should escape criticism?

ON HIS FUCKING DEATHBED!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:49 pm 

Franky T wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
maddux_boy wrote:

denisdman wrote:

maddux_boy wrote:

The little shit won't answer. He laughed at those jokes and probably made some himself. He's one of those phonies who pretends to have "evolved" the last 5 years. As was said prior, few things are more pathetic than the people who try to appear woke online as if it gets them some sort of social credit. burritos, all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
maddux_boy wrote:

denisdman wrote:

maddux_boy wrote:

The little shit won't answer. He laughed at those jokes and probably made some himself. He's one of those phonies who pretends to have "evolved" the last 5 years. As was said prior, few things are more pathetic than the people who try to appear woke online as if it gets them some sort of social credit. burritos, all of them.

if you are referring to me i made criticisms at those jokes at the time and said they were inappropriate. but the time now on his deathbed to make this an issue? that's low.

now if you're talking about maddux boy i have no idea who he is and you'll have to address it with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
burritos, all of them.

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

maddux_boy wrote:

[/quote]

If this is the real Maddux boy then fuck you. I've hated hearing you through the years when you called in.

No. I don't know Jay or Terry.

I do know a 40 year old doesn't have much of a relationship with a 70 year old. And I know they never worked together.

I'm just saying Jay did not go through life saying "what would terry do or say?". I know that. Cuz nobody would. It's just something he said to be nice. Save the really nice thing for family and people you know.

Condolences to Terry and his family. But let's not act like Terry wasn't a jerk to a lot of people. Which is fine. It made me laugh sometimes.

I just laugh at people making him out to be a saint at this time. Because Terry had a famous "Bus list" of people he wished would die.

Just say you liked him. I'm sure a lot of people did. You don't have to go overboard.

It's unauthentic. It's phony.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm 

yes Beardown - what you said about Boers is true. I never liked the guy because he was a nasty person on the air and full of spite and jealousy. He was no saint.

But to bring it up now when he's about to go is not the right time to bring it up.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
maddux_boy wrote:

Hey Maddux Boy,

You suck as a caller.
You suck as a poster.

GO FUCK YOURSELF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
yes Beardown - what you said about Boers is true. I never liked the guy because he was a nasty person on the air and full of spite and jealousy. He was no saint.

But to bring it up now when he's about to go is not the right time to bring it up.

I'm only bringing it up because of Jay's phony tweet.

Like I said, I know his family and friends loved him. He provided for his family. I don't think Jay knew him. And I don't think Jay believes what he tweeted. That's all.

Like I said, it's sad when anyone is near death. I've been through it. As we all have. I feel bad for the Boers family.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Terry would have no problem with people laughing at his demise. I think he'd only give a shit about what family and friends thought anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I’m not going to shit on him as a matter of personal principles but to pretend he hasn’t done the same is disingenuous to say the least. I enjoyed terry on the radio, more so the hfc era terry than BB terry but I’m not blind to how he talked about people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I’m not going to shit on him as a matter of personal principles but to pretend he hasn’t done the same is disingenuous to say the least. I enjoyed terry on the radio, more so the hfc era terry than BB terry but I’m not blind to how he talked about people.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

same here. HFC w/ Danny Mac he was not as nasty and actually would talk sports.

I wasn't around much for the BB era but the times I did listen I knew that show was not for me. It was just hate hate hate negative negative negative. I never understood how it made good listening to constantly make fun or others or laugh at bad times in their lives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Terry would have no problem with people laughing at his demise. I think he'd only give a shit about what family and friends thought anyway.

Yeah. I agree. B&B would celebrate deaths with a song and wish death upon people.

Once again, I just feel bad for Terry going through this and his family and friends.

Let's just not make Terry out to be a saint. He wasn't. That being said, him being who he was made him a great living. So good for him. And I'm sure he was nice to his family. Which is all that matters. In the end, who cares about what people think of you other than your family. I know I don't.

It's sad for him that he only got 4 or 5 years of retirement. And he had to battle illness and cancer during that time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah. I agree. B&B would celebrate deaths with a song and wish death upon people.

Once again, I just feel bad for Terry going through this and his family and friends.

Let's just not make Terry out to be a saint. He wasn't. That being said, him being who he was made him a great living. So good for him. And I'm sure he was nice to his family. Which is all that matters. In the end, who cares about what people think of you other than your family. I know I don't.

It's sad for him that he only got 4 or 5 years of retirement. And he had to battle illness and cancer during that time.

Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
maddux_boy wrote:

denisdman wrote:

How do you and Scmutzie work out scrubbing Lil Danny's taint? Is it like a formal schedule? Week on, week off? Double duty when one of you is on vacation?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next