It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
So will McDoink find an actual personality at WGN, or is he just going to keep sighing his way through the world of sports, content that no one can understand this heady world the way blandly handsome white guys from Big Ten schools can?

honestly, i think this is just WGN trying to "stir shit up" by grabbing menial score people. while you might be able to read/HOPE(in wgn's case) that finfer is a prelude to mac... ok then, what is mcknight a prelude to?

while i typically tend to be an open minded person and all that crap, ^^^^^that^^^^^ guy has nothing to tell me that i need to know for the course of my life. kind of like anybody outside of the medical profession who wears crocs. i can instantly eliminate them from the part of my mind that includes things that matter.

so yeah, this whole thing just wreaks of some sort of "HEY HEY NOTICE US OVER HERE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!!!" and since so many of us are bored witless (literally, there's dwindling showthreads everywhere. remember the old people's hour threads? or were those just 75% me?) with the current score lineup, it's fun to point out doom and gloom and etc... but even if they brought goff back (prolly the best move they could get aside from a current main host @ the score) it's a big ol case of "....so what?"

HOLY CRAP. Is that what you look like when you're prepping to become Marc Maron? Good God. I realized that I've never seen a picture of this sighing, exasperated pudwhack....and, wow.

I don't know anything about this new station, really, but thank you. The less McDoink I have to hear, the better. Now get Larry, and we'll be good to go.