It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I read Big Fan suggest that the Score producers try at this angle to become sports media stars. Guess what? They listened.

Larry said Joe Ostrowski is now his show's FF expert with a weekly segment. I kind of laughed. Cuz when Joe had his Friday show last year, he said Adam Harris (The guy that hates Les) was his FF expert. So when Adam does a show, does he pluck another producer to be his expert? Or when Joe now has a show, since Larry gave him this title, will he now serve as his own show's fantasy expert.

I'm so confused.

Drinky and Goff opened the door for producers to be experts. Goff became the hoops expert and drinky got to be the Cubs expert until that was quickly taken away from him.

This FF expert shit is dumb as hell. Anybody who has played for 3 years is an expert. Which means this country has 30 million experts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm seriously not trying to be flip here. Do you think these producers go to their GFs or wives with news of their promotion? I would think it would go like this.

Score producer: Guess what, honey? I got a promotion at work.

Wife or Girlfriend: Really? You got your own show?

Score producer: No. I was named Fantasy Football expert by the host of the show I produce?

Wife and/or girlfriend: More money?

Score producer: No. My actual boss has no idea I've been named FF expert. Nor would he care.

Wife and/or girlfriend: :-?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's so SCORE! You'd think with CBS Sports Radio's $$$$, they'd hire a real fantasy football expert instead of Joe Ostrowski. Not to knock Joe, but this is a bad idea by SCORE management.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch and Zim hire contributors for the day part shows. Not for night and weekend shows.

One of the funniest things was when Goff would be wrapping up the B&B show where he talked for 5 hours, Larry would then lead him off as a guest to discuss the Bulls cuz he was the Bulls expert.

Larry: Hey Jason, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule. I know you're busy following NBA leads and stories. Long time no talk.

Goff: What the hell you talking about? I've got to wait for the bus anyway. I also just talked to you in B&B transition 7 minutes ago. I ain't following no leads. I was pushing buttons for B&B all day.

Larry: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Hey, it's something for them to do. They're all looking for something to make them stars. Promote 'em all I say!!! Let them all be FF experts!!!

I think all good FF leagues in America are pretty much gonna have the same type of draft. Everybody knows what to do and who to take if you're an experienced player. Everybody knows who's good for christ's sake. Everybody knows the running QBs are injury risks. Yes, some might value RGIII more than Capernick, but so what. It's just personal preference. The so called experts on web sites and radio lose their fantasy leagues. I'll bet a lot of them finish last. Doesn't mean they don't know anything. It just means that EVERYBODY in America knows it all when it comes to FF. Since everybody knows it all, somebody has to lose.

It's like if you were to take a clone of Michael Jordan in his prime and put him on each of the 30 NBA teams. And then make clones of his teammates so every team is exactly the same. Guess what? There would be a last place MJ team in the NBA. Does that mean the last place MJ clone is worse than the 1st place MJ clone? Of course not.

That's all. That's my point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I agree that anyone can be a FFL expert, if they really work at it. Charch works at it and has made some serious money being that expert he is.

If you are good at it, people will listen and note it, if you just rehash stuff you read in a week old magazine, they will know that too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am 

Beardown, did you happen to hear Sir make a crack about Dan Mc Neil last night?

Sir was throwing down some knowledge on us about reggae. He was talking about how Bostic's nick name should be Boom Bostic and that if that had been proposed during mid days it would be an opening by tomorrow...but someone would have to explain to Mc Neil what reggae is. Sir quickly bitched out to say Mc Neil is a big reggae fan as he likes Bob Marley.

ridiculous statements from start to finish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Sir was throwing down some knowledge on us about reggae. He was talking about how Bostic's nick name should be Boom Bostic and that if that had been proposed during mid days it would be an opening by tomorrow...but someone would have to explain to Mc Neil what reggae is. Sir quickly bitched out to say Mc Neil is a big reggae fan as he likes Bob Marley.

I missed that. I have heard larry insinuate Mac is a racist in the past. I think he and Goff ganged up on him one time. I don't get it. Bernstein is a far bigger threat to the black community than Mac. But Larry is scared to death of Bernstein so he won't crack wise on him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
good dolphin wrote:

You are not hip to how cool Larry is, Musical genius, comic book expert and self proclaimed nerd. However, he is a nerd in the cool sense of the word, make sure you recognize that!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Speaking of "Mr. Multimedia", you've been warned. Laurence Holmes guest co-hosts the "Boers & Bernstein Show" tomorrow with Dan Bernstein from Jimmy Green's, 825 S. State, 1-6P. I bet he's giddy not just to be working with Bernsy, but also producer Chris Tannehill for that matter. You know...An original member of Holmes' "A Team"...