It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:08 pm 

Of course they say the segment is not supposed to be partisan or political, but just today they put on a guy who hates the Catholic church and supports gay marriage. Boers and Bernstein have repeatedly espoused their liberal views on the air. Why should they be allowed to run that disclaimer if they still plan to put on people who agree with their liberal views? Is Abbatacola responsible for this too? Has his minister's license been forfeited yet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Terry is really a conservative.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Mini Ditka wrote:
Of course they say the segment is not supposed to be partisan or political, but just today they put on a guy who hates the Catholic church and supports gay marriage. Boers and Bernstein have repeatedly espoused their liberal views on the air. Why should they be allowed to run that disclaimer if they still plan to put on people who agree with their liberal views? Is Abbatacola responsible for this too? Has his minister's license been forfeited yet?

All of this is because you touch yourself at night.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Mini Ditka wrote:

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

The guy never said he hated the Catholic church. It was about the hypocrisy. Listen or don't fucking post, you homophobe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Drop In wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

Is that wrong?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Drop In wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

Is that wrong?

Only when Mini Thread Starter does it. He should know better. He's a sinner with poor listening skills.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
You are

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mini Ditka wrote:

So, are you suggesting they should not let him on the air because he supports gay marriage? That would be even dumber than your usual logic.

Abbatacola is probably a Christian who is both capable and willing to point out hypocrisy, even if it is of those who are the same faith as him. Many religious people have the ability to do this. You should give it a try sometime, nut job.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:

So, are you suggesting they should not let him on the air because he supports gay marriage? That would be even dumber than your usual logic.

Abbatacola is probably a Christian who is both capable and willing to point out hypocrisy, even if it is of those who are the same faith as him. Many religious people have the ability to do this. You should give it a try sometime, nut job.

I'm suggesting they either not read that disclaimer and allow any and all non-sports related items or they just ban all non-sports items. What that guy said was clearly against their partisan disclaimer.

Abbatacola is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and was licensed as a minister. His nickname and what he says on the air makes it apparent that he is no longer in step with what they teach at Moody.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The guy was crapping a Cardinal for correcting the Pope.

I would think Mini Ditka would be in 100% agreement with that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:08 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

I think it is a partisan thing because gay marriage is a political issue. This Pope is saying stuff that could potentially be interpreted as being against what the Catholic church teaches. The Cardinal should be clarifying what the position of the Catholic church is in response to being asked about what the Pope said. The pope is supposed to be infallible on church teaching, so if he is changing basic theological positions of the Catholic church there could be problems for him. His atheist comment is an example of that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:12 am 

Mini Ditka wrote:
The pope is supposed to be infallible on church teaching, so if he is changing basic theological positions of the Catholic church there could be problems for him.
You must not know what infallible means.

The Pope is right, always. You are wrong, almost always.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mini Ditka wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

I think it is a partisan thing because gay marriage is a political issue. This Pope is saying stuff that could potentially be interpreted as being against what the Catholic church teaches. The Cardinal should be clarifying what the position of the Catholic church is in response to being asked about what the Pope said. The pope is supposed to be infallible on church teaching, so if he is changing basic theological positions of the Catholic church there could be problems for him. His atheist comment is an example of that.

Dude, stick to closed restaraunt chains and favorite doughnut place threads.

The Pope's job isn't to make sure that you, or anyone else for that matter, might misinterpret what he says.

And your understanding of Catholic teaching is misinformed or mistaken.

Or both.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Dude, stick to closed restaurant chains and favorite doughnut place threads.

The Pope's job isn't to make sure that you, or anyone else for that matter, might misinterpret what he says.

Or both.

It's not the pope's job to rock the boat and say things that have to be explained by the cardinals.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Trust me it is not my place to defend the OP but isn't it true in some sense? Don't they let some political crap slide in? Like a Rush Limbaugh crap is far more likely than a Nancy Pelosi one. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
You can crap a political figure if you can catch them like you'd catch anyone else. I think there was an epidemic of "this one's fer Brock Obama who sucks OBAMA WHO YOU CRAPPIN" and so forth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
pittmike wrote:
Trust me it is not my place to defend the OP but isn't it true in some sense? Don't they let some political crap slide in? Like a Rush Limbaugh crap is far more likely than a Nancy Pelosi one. Just sayin'.

just as long as you stay on message in lockstep with dan's political views you'll be good. b&b are never gonna turn down a chance to perpetuate a proper echo chamber, flagship segment or otherwise!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
sinicalypse wrote:
pittmike wrote:

just as long as you stay on message in lockstep with dan's political views you'll be good. b&b are never gonna turn down a chance to perpetuate a proper echo chamber, flagship segment or otherwise!

Again I hate to defend OP but then he is right but not in this case or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:43 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Dude, stick to closed restaurant chains and favorite doughnut place threads.

Or both.

It's not the pope's job to rock the boat and say things that have to be explained by the cardinals.