It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Connies
https://twitter.com/Jason1Goff/status/4 ... 4907522048

I hate to sound like Beardown, but I don't think he would mention anything if something wasn't on the horizon. Maybe The Game has forced Mitch's hand.

CSFMB: Welcome back Goff!
Goff: :lol:
Drinky: Does that mean I am not going to be able to host anymore?
Mitch: Correct. You suck.
Drinky: :cry:
Everyone: :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
If this breaks I cant wait to see him back here.

and to be clear with the Goff haters. did he reinvent radio? hello no, but once again, take the ability to just talk to people and be cool about it, thats 90% of the dam job! Its why leary is 90% bad! learning when to talk and switch the damn buttons on and off a chimp can learn "Radio".

Goff would be a solid addition to any sports talk station here.

Welcome Back Jason Party ON HOLDDDDDD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I think we knew Jason wasn't going to stay in Atlanta forever. Sports talk just isn't an out-of-towner's game. He was a good soldier for CBS, getting "urban sports talk" started up. Let's see if he comes back to the Score for middays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'd like to see Goff back. He was great when he wasn't acting Bernstein-ish, which he has a tendency to do sometimes, especially with the nba.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
goff wants the most superficial/stereotypical/lowest-common-denominator fans and that's why he never really showcases too much personality outside of the whole obligatory/canned "christmas in hollis" in stuff.... any self-respecting rap fan worth their salt knows that treacherous three's "santa's rap" is a vastly better song, but you play "christmas in hollis" because it's lowest-common-denominator stuff cuz everybody loves runDMC and this way you can be "street" or "black" or whatever, but do so in a culturally-"non-theatening" way that hearkens the legends like wayne brady, will smith, and of course don cheadle (cuz if you ran into him in an alley at 3am you wouldn't feel threatened.... you'll be like HOLY SHIT IT'S WAR MACHINE!!!!! while he ironically hopes you're not there to rob him) and as such, unless mr. "white history month" over there has learned to take some chances and do a radio show with a soul, it's just going to be boring pedestrian shit that happens to be [whatever minority he chooses to help him stand out] for the sake of being "different" and "hip" and "street cred" and whatever.... it's phony as hell cuz the guy's in over his head with his own show and therefore needs little gimmicks to stand out as anything worthwhile.

speaking of, happy white history month to you and yours! today we're gonna talk about bryant "big country reeves" and boy was he awesome...

so yeah wake me up when the guy does an interesting show. if you want some advice from a REAL MINORITY (aka the % of your listenership that has a soul) then take some chances and go for the gold/glory/anything-starting-with-G and don't be as milquetoast as ben "six feathers" o'doink. we can't really tell them apart (or well we can with finfer, but that's a different story) and like, you know, do something interesting. be a real human being....and don't go back to that damn "SPORTS TALK RADIO SHOW HOSTING FOR DUMMIES" book and start following that formula, cuz unless mac made a typo and meant that you're the #1 sports talk host in charlotte in 2020 as opposed to chicago, yeah, that's what following that ...FOR DUMMIES book will get you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Unless Laurence is leaving, Goff has no incentive to come back to The Score, does he? Maybe Mitch has a lineup shuffle in mind to match The Game's wheel a bit.

M&H 5-9
M&S 9-12
Goff 12-2
B&B 2-6
LH 6-10

OR

Same lineup but Laurence 6-9 then Goff 9-midnight.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:59 pm 

Laurence is never leaving.

If/when Mac goes, I could see them doing that schedule with two midday shows again. On the other hand, Rod isn't going to pay all those people to be full-timers, is he?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I think we knew Jason wasn't going to stay in Atlanta forever. Sports talk just isn't an out-of-towner's game. He was a good soldier for CBS, getting "urban sports talk" started up. Let's see if he comes back to the Score for middays.

You got your own REAL SHOW (Not the guy who does 32 minutes between BB and DePaul or Illinois hoops and Sox games) on a startup station, is way more than a good soldier.

It was a great chance for him to make what he wants of it and then write his own tickets. OK, maybe not his own ticket, but thats when you start getting real offers to do real shows in other places, when you get real listeners. Not sure where the GOOD SOLDIER crap comes from. It was the guys big break.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 pm 

Doing sports talk on a startup in a market that doesn't really care for sports seems less like a big break and more like something you're sentenced to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Connies
He is also hosting that XM show right now from 11-2. Don't know if that plays any part on where/what time slot he would have upon his return.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:03 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Doing sports talk on a startup in a market that doesn't really care for sports seems less like a big break and more like something you're sentenced to.

Well I am going to say you are really incorrect and have displayed some really poor business skills. Getting that break for him was a huge opportunity to go and do a show.

and someone must have noticed to give him an XM show after that, which i will guess he doesnt get without the ATL show.

Curious, why do you think people take Internships in hollywood and media? for no pay? Why do you think they show up on the set of 'knife fight' for a free drink, or any other bad shows audience? for the remote chance they get to be a name part of anything.

This morning at Starbucks on Addison, they had a play going on. In about a 8x8 area in the back. They do it to practice in front of people and bye the mill to one shot someone sees them.

so to even think getting your own show, with your name isnt a big step for a guy, as you dont think, then I guess your 1% success is above my comprehension and I need to rethink some things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

True Radio Detective

Beardown: Long time.

Goff: Yep. Long time.

Beardown: You changed your hair.

Goff: Yep.

Beardown: Can I buy you a beer?

Goff: Sure. I'll follow you.

Beardown: Actually, you can buy me a beer.

Goff: (Loads his gun and follows Beardown's car)

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Maybe it's time to have a 3rd man on one of the SCORE shows.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
As a big fan of Goff, I hope he returns to Chicago, but you never know what job opportunity may present itself to him in ATL. Having said that, Atlanta sucks, especially if you come from a great city like Chicago. I'm pretty sure that Jason will end up returning at some point.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:03 pm 

You do realize that the show he got isn't in Chicago, see?

And we're from Chicago, and this is all about Chicago.

And he isn't in Chicago, so his not doing a show here isn't a big thing, not in a Chicago scheme of things.

So he got banished, demoted, whatever...because he's not in Chicago, and he used to be in Chicago.

They don't have fans there like us here in Chicago, so they don't really have any fans either.

He really has set his career on a backwards track, not staying in Chicago, not being in Chicago.

Chicago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:07 pm 

Wait,so you are saying Goff is in Atlanta?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:07 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:

We did. It was Jason.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

We did. It was Jason.

Maybe (probably) you listen more then me. I always felt it was more here & there he would chime in,not all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
As a big fan of Goff, I hope he returns to Chicago, but you never know what job opportunity may present itself to him in ATL. Having said that, Atlanta sucks, especially if you come from a great city like Chicago. I'm pretty sure that Jason will end up returning at some point.

yet his return, or full time on air career never is in motion without the job,
]
Hey curious....I WIN THE FUCKING INTERNET!

if he was still hear as a fill in and part time on air guy he has ZERO contract status, makes below ON AIR money.

What I think many have missed out on is the difference between an ON AIR guy and a PRODUCER.

The producer makes less and can walk tomorrow. The On Air makes more and for that must honor his deal, whether on or off the air.

Legal Eagles, please correct me if I am wrong here, but the field of SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE is in play here?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:23 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

We did. It was Jason.

Maybe (probably) you listen more then me. I always felt it was more here & there he would chime in,not all the time.

I was being facetious (and about being "sentenced to" Atlanta, but whatevs), but he did have a pretty strong presence by the end.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Just a pre-emptive response to anyone thinking about writing the "B&B went downhill once Goff left" post: shortly before he left, Goff said that White Sox fans who didn't attend games were racist anti-Semites.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Just a pre-emptive response to anyone thinking about writing the "B&B went downhill once Goff left" post: shortly before he left, Goff said that White Sox fans who didn't attend games were racist anti-Semites.

Great post! Very True!

He did actually say this..........he also got a fuckload of streets wrong but he did definitely show is B&B lineage.

He did really, really say those words.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
FavreFan wrote:
I'd like to see Goff back. He was great when he wasn't acting Bernstein-ish, which he has a tendency to do sometimes, especially with the nba.

I agree. I use to enjoy when J Hood would have him on to talk basketball. Once he started to adopt the Bernstein attitude it went downhill pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 pm 

In before Goff logs on and posts this: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Stay in Atlanta!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Maybe Mitch and Zim have already told Larry he's getting Mac's gig come June and Mitch has already told Goff he's got the night slot. Or maybe Larry is leaving for something better.

Cuz I don't think Goff is hinting at going to 87.7 or ESPN 1000. There is nothing open at those stations. Plus those station's wouldn't hire Jason's kind anyway. (Not referring to him being black. Referring to him being a Bernstein clone.) You can tell by the people they have at ESPN 1000 and 87.7 that they don't want any part of Bernstein-style radio.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Aren't the Bears starting up their own station soon on WBBM HD-2 or something like that? Maybe Laurence leaves for that launch and Goff gets the 6-10 show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 am 

maybe he'll hire drinky to be his producer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:
Stay in Atlanta!!!

"not far enough"

really, Goff may be better than Laurence but that's about it. He was a drag on the B&B show in the end (and to be fair, it's dragged even more since he left) and when he pops up in Score interviews lately it doesn't sound like he made any grand improvement. If he does come back I'd perhaps be more interested if he was away from Bernstein, otherwise it's just more of the same.