It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

For all you youngsters on the board, there was a time where Score management paired drinky and Goff with the hopes that they would be the next Jiggs and North. They didn't comply, both went FULL BERNSTEIN, it was bad and the Score blew up that show quicker than Goff hitting the "Dumb ass cracker" button on a Brett Favre press conference.

Herb and Shep are also going FULL BERNSTEIN and thus they will suffer the same fate as their predecessors. Which means they are starting their long road to nowhere.

Just become Jiggs and North, boys. What the hell? It's easier to copy them than Bernstein. The meatballs will love it. I won't. But it's you best path to success.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:11 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Say what you will about The Realness Herb Lawrence but he is about the furthest thing from Dan Bernstein that you will find.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Say what you will about The Realness Herb Lawrence but he is about the furthest thing from Dan Bernstein that you will find.

Agreed. That's why he needs to stop trying to be him. That's my point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

Herb seems to be a real solid guy. But he can't speak.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:

Neither can drinky. Shep no talk good either. That's not a requirement at the SCORE. They feel that speaking well is overrated for broadcasting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Beardown wrote:

Agreed. That's why he needs to stop trying to be him. That's my point.

I don't think he's started. That's my point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you two better be careful or somebody's eye is going to get poked out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Kirkwood wrote:

Caneing didnt require speaking.

Shep is young enough to go for it, get a name on some wacky bet and if it pisses off Zimmerman and he gets fired, you went for it. Kudos!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Shep is certainly that "wet-behind-the-ears", "wide-eyed", eager to impress kid. That comes across on the air He'll be a bitter, angry, whinny bitch in a couple of years like the rest of the Score's backups. They all started out like him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:51 pm 

The #1 thing North did to become popular was embrace his fanbase. The guy literally invited fans to his house.

Can you imagine being invited to Conor's apartment.

"Welcome. Please take your shoes off at the door. Make yourself feel at home...not your home, my home and at my home we have ground rules that I would like to discuss."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm 

I think Connor McKnight is a chameleon or clone or something. I've seen 4 or 5 different pictures of the guy and he looks completely different in each one. I don't think it's the same guy. I think Connor McKnight is legion and roaming the Chicago streets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I think Connor McKnight is a chameleon or clone or something. I've seen 4 or 5 different pictures of the guy and he looks completely different in each one. I don't think it's the same guy. I think Connor McKnight is legion and roaming the Chicago streets.

So I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Kirkwood wrote:

Not that long ago, Goff couldn't speak worth a damn, either. Now Drinky seems to atrophied.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

So I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Thank you.

I wish someone were bored enough to do a mashup of this guy's many faces/looks/whatever. I had never seen him, then sometime before he went to The Game I saw a pic of a hipster wannabe nerd guy -- then there was something posted about him from Red Eye -- then I saw something posted from a Game remote, and I honestly did not think the guy noted as him was actually him (based on the previous photos). Crazy.

As angry as I get about the current state of The Score, I do enjoy not having to run into the breathy, hollow McDoink or Finfer anymore -- I only wish they had gotten Larry off The Score, too. There's plenty on The Score that bothers me, but guys like McDoink and Finfer and Hoge were just absolute suck. Wish they would have also grabbed Larry and meatpants....I'd gladly listen to the Daily Herald Dork and drinky in lieu of those idiots.