It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:17 pm 

What?

Seriously, what in the hell is going on at WSCR? This is insane. Herb is awful. Doug is Doug, and unless he's just muttering and screaming with OB...he needs someone sitting next to him that can actually string together a thought.

I tuned in earlier, and they were trying to talk through the Bears debacle in Seattle when Laurence Holmes called in. No one asked him to call in, he most assuredly heard that one of his guys was doing a shift, and he definitely needed the juice that Larry would bring - especially as JRW just won the American side of the LLWS. Hey, did you know that Larry is a proud alum of JRW? Yes, he is. Larry was "very excited" and "so excited" for those kids, and that was a really "exciting game".

It's official, the station is off the rails. I am far from a McNeil fan, but how bad does your station have to be for that guy to give a "nah, I'm good" to $500k? The Score had a nice 10 year run --- I'd argue that the last 10 have slowly showed their cracks, and this current mess is absolutely worse than Joe Cain begging for callers late at night.

I sincerely pray the ratings continue to tank, station wide, and that the PD is fired and that house is douched. Thoroughly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac wanted 500k, Score wouldn't go for it. That's why he said nahhhh.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I heard this was going to be on earlier and actually laughed in the car.

I dont know what Shep has going on, but he might want to rethink the "I have a wedding, or my parents invited me to...." thing..

Not that I think Shep is a great radio host, but a good dude, knows his shit and needs more air time to not be dicks to callers.....and get his personality built up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm 

Shep just tweeting, so he aint busy?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Doug is great with anybody. Herb is terrible with anybody. I'll listen to Doug.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:27 pm 

Shep at a wedding....as called...lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:26 pm 

Shepkowski has learned at the puffy knee of the best when it comes to not taking advantage of a situation. Also, LOL that this is the guy that the Score has that really has a chance to step up and shine. Yikes. I honestly thought it was a joke when I heard guys like Shep and Herb were getting air time. It's embarrassing.

And to those that have mentioned that Chicago won't put up with an out of town talent trying to move in, where is meatpants from? Somehow that round mound of awful sound was able to grease his way into this city, right? Now he's so big (literally, figuratively, etc) in the business that he can be on vacation when they announce who they are sentencing, errr pairing, him with.

I guess it's really no surprise that the idiot PD's knee jerk reaction is to go back to the tried and true sweepstakes for the next big fantasy thing....the talent he's been grooming is truly awful, so I guess randomly picking people from bar events probably has a higher percentage chance of working than him actually sifting through resumes and tapes.