It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1-24: Greeny and Jessie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mike Greenberg in town to pimp his new book. Doing a show with Jesse now.

He was on with Murph an hour ago. Guess what? Greeny likes Mike Murphy. They were reflecting on shows they did when Greeny produced Murph.

It's just weird. Cuz from the "Team Bernstein" camp they'd have you believe that everybody hates Murphy and he's the most evil person that ever existed.

Not the case I guess. Greenberg liked him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
i listened to that whole show plus the murph bit. he was much better than on his ESPN show. just kind of chillin with Jesse. not bad radio, but a little bland.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Some very good stories there from Greenie, alos good to hear a couple long time Score guys call in AND GET A CHANCE TO TALK!!!!!!!!!

Peter Longo - Golf guy and Lonesome George, long time Score guy.

That 30 minutes was the best radio I have heard in some time in this city.

"Reports have the Bears drafting with their #1 pick, Bob Faux, from University of Toronto. Best all time kicker in the Canadian College Football league!"

Ron Gleason got very bent out of shape on that one!

Like I said, the days when you listened because you didnt know what would happen next. Now, i can program the whole god damn week of what these mopes will talk about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I missed this today, would have to have been 1000% better than the two idiots that replaced Greenie on Friday morning. Tough for Golic to make any point when the other two idiots immediately start to talk over and shout him down..wait, that sounds kinda familiar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:20 am 

The remote was in my 'hood and was there for about 30 minutes. Off the air, Greenie did a very good imitation of Murph. He also interacted with "crowd" (about 30 people, but in relatively small store) with pleasant banter. Kidding about how old people were -- but nothing vicious or mean-spirited.

It was a pleasant experience. Greenie is not bitter. And he realizes that people to turn to sports for diversion The exact opposite energy I feel when listening to B/B -- two bitter old men who think the world doesn't appreciate their wit and genius.

It was a learning experience for me. For some reason, I had always thought that Jesse Rogers was African American.

And you realize how time flies and how things change over time. I have no doubt that at one time I probably made 10X what Greenie earned as producer/update guy. Perhaps those times will again return.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Wanderer wrote:
It was a learning experience for me. For some reason, I had always thought that Jesse Rogers was African American.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Wanderer wrote:
The remote was in my 'hood and was there for about 30 minutes. Off the air, Greenie did a very good imitation of Murph. He also interacted with "crowd" (about 30 people, but in relatively small store) with pleasant banter. Kidding about how old people were -- but nothing vicious or mean-spirited.

It was a pleasant experience. Greenie is not bitter. And he realizes that people to turn to sports for diversion The exact opposite energy I feel when listening to B/B -- two bitter old men who think the world doesn't appreciate their wit and genius.

And you realize how time flies and how things change over time. I have no doubt that at one time I probably made 10X what Greenie earned as producer/update guy. Perhaps those times will again return.

can never use Winnetka and Hood in the same document