It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BRIAN ANDERSON
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will never drop this guy......

He was hanging in studio with White Sox leech Chuck Garfine. Dont know if it was a debut for him...and to be honest the 30 seconds I saw of him, he was actually pretty good! but I digress from one of my favorite points.

BA! Brian Anderson! Kenny Williams SURE THING of all time. Kenny guranteed this kid to be an ALL STAR, a 5 tool player. he scouted him since Freshman year in HS. He didnt just stop in and see the kid once and make a mistake. He saw multiple games of his for all 4 years in High school. OK, guys still need to be projected at that point, so you can mistake, but then kenny got another 3 years at the U of A. Let me clarify, both schools are in Tucson, where the Sox had a spring training facility and various residences, which made scouting the player easy and regular.

Kenny ....and nobody else...then insisted he is a #1 pick.....he was a bust...not just not a good player...but a bust of a player...got some time with KC, Boston, Dodgers, NYY...just to confirm he was a bust....he isnt the first bust, wont be the last.....but then, after all of that....KENNY SIGNS HIM AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!!!

On January 14, 2015 Anderson signed a minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox. He was released on April 2, 2015.

You cant be this all in on one player and he be that bad and still claim to know what the fuck you are doing!

Post subject: Re: BRIAN ANDERSON
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
It happens all the time. There are likely "can't miss" Cubs on the roster right now who will bust like Anderson. How is Almora doing? Ready for the big leagues yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It happens all the time. There are likely "can't miss" Cubs on the roster right now who will bust like Anderson. How is Almora doing? Ready for the big leagues yet?

No it doesnt HAPPEN ALL THE TiME....not guys CLOSELY scouted for 4 years in HS, then 3 years in College...and even a guy Closely scouted, it is done by a scout,...not the GM...and not nearly as many games as kenny saw of Andersons. Watching Andersons games was almost a daily activity of Kenny's for 5 years....

Tucson, the Sox spring training home, had a facility down there...and a big house for everyone to stay in whenever they wanted...at best, this could be an example of being Oversouted, if such a thing exists.

I know guys miss on picks all the time. But how many games do you think Jim Hendry saw of Josh Vitters? or Brett Jackson? 10 max?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Every guy is heavily scouted these days. So Kenny fell in love with one. Just like Theo is in love with some busted down guys he had in Boston.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Every guy is heavily scouted these days. So Kenny fell in love with one. Just like Theo is in love with some busted down guys he had in Boston.

Nope, not to that degree. Its almost impossible for a GM to see a player that much. How many GM's draft a kid that played HS and college ball in the city that they have a facility. Also, at the time, only the Sox and Astros had facilities in Tucson.

It would even be OK if the guy was serviceable....then, my fave...the signing again...THIS YEAR.

Theo saw Rizzo at age 17, and yes, he kept with the guy almost as much....and from Day 1, it was why I said the success or failure of Rizzo is much bugger than 1 player making it or not,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:34 am 

The more galling thing is that Anderson's personality was a major impediment to his success. Veterans hated him in the same way the Bears hated Ennis. He was more interested in partying than working on his craft when he came to the big leagues. His running mate was Mc Carthy, so they got rid of Mc Carthy for Danks (which was a good move). KW should have been able to judge character in that amount of time

Anderson had all the tools. You could see that in his play. He was a superior defender with a great arm. He had speed, athleticism and power. At the very least, he should have been able to stick around the league for 10 years as a 4-5th OF with those qualities. He wanted to drink and screw every night instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
he was a whiffer in college. the biggest of all red flags right there. if the guy could actually play, none of the other stuff would've mattered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I wonder what Hawk thought of him. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

best partier he has seen in the last 25 years

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:

I remember very vividly Hawk saying "Brian Anderson will be just fine" after a stretch of him struggling not long after he came up.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
his career OPS is better than melky's is this year. :lol: