It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
JOIN HUB, OLIN AND BIG CAT FOR BEARS POST GAME.....

...after The Sox game. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
JR must be really fucking them over. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:55 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

Now to see if SJW will have word the first to say about this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:57 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

They have a contract....the part I dont get is Mitch not being able to move Sox games to 105.9 or some other station.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:00 am 

bigfan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

They have a contract....the part I dont get is Mitch not being able to move Sox games to 105.9 or some other station.

That's not in the contract. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 am 

I assume it isnt, as they are paying Hub, Olin and Big Cat, so I would guess the Post Game show is a pretty good revenue show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 am 

put Hub on 105.9. This is not possible...why?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Was thinking of listening to North's show and now this seals it.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:40 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
put Hub on 105.9. This is not possible...why?

Too giggly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
bigfan wrote:

I'd rather put my dick in a cheese grader.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
312player wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I'd rather put my dick in a cheese grader.

You talking about a homosexual man who grades cheese?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I still don't see how they do this unless Hub quit the out of town Westeood sideline radio work on Sundays.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
He didn't do Westwood One every week. He did pregame last year, didn't he? It just means that when he's covering a game, Bears postgame is going to get SHAKEN.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Anybody tune in? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:38 pm 

i listened for a bit. Olin was Mr. Company man. "you're not going to find too many QBs better than Cutler." I almost lost my shit. turned back to hamp and OB.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:59 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
i listened for a bit. Olin was Mr. Company man. "you're not going to find too many QBs better than Cutler." I almost lost my shit. turned back to hamp and OB.

He meant today at Soldier Field, ...you might only find a "few" LOL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeah the 5 minutes I listened was Bears apology central. " You have to realize this was Aaron Rodgers they were playing, pass the pineapple, brah".

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I listened to North and switched to 670 during commercial. What I heard on the Score was just awful. How Mitch decided that Olin and Big Cat would make for a good radio show is beyond me...then again this is Mitch we're talking about.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeah the 5 minutes I listened was Bears apology central. " You have to realize this was Aaron Rodgers they were playing, pass the pineapple, brah".

The biggest Bears apologist I ever heard was Hub when he was either working for them or the station that carried the Bears...I don't know which one was signing his checks, but he made Zaidman sound like a loose cannon.

Once he was no longer doing that he couldn't stop criticizing them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:17 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

The biggest Bears apologist I ever heard was Hub when he was either working for them or the station that carried the Bears...I don't know which one was signing his checks, but he made Zaidman sound like a loose cannon.

Its very difficult to criticize your employer.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Scorehead wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He could have acknowledged poor play without pretending like the callers who brought it up were watching a completely different game than he did. It was preposterous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Scorehead wrote:
I listened to North and switched to 670 during commercial. What I heard on the Score was just awful. How Mitch decided that Olin and Big Cat would make for a good radio show is beyond me...then again this is Mitch we're talking about.

ha, forgot north had a post game gig.... i gave OB a listen on WGN... got annoyed by their damn show name... "hamp and OB.... with koz" and then there was some 4th guy too wtf. of course i wanted first to give the score post game show a listen... tried 670 and got bad sox baseball... tried 105.9 and no post game show their either.... nothing like white sox baseball killing your ratings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Wasn't near a radio until around 5. Turned on North and my first thought was, "Is he amping up his Chicago accent, or did he always sound like a total fucking idiot?" Then I remembered the heyday of the Score, and no, he sounded exactly like he did when he actually had a following. I then PTFB.

I must've liked him when I younger cuz I was a dumb 20-something who didn't know any better.

Nostalgia radio is a bad idea. Let's move on and TRY to establish new talent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Wasn't near a radio until around 5. Turned on North and my first thought was, "Is he amping up his Chicago accent, or did he always sound like a total fucking idiot?" Then I remembered the heyday of the Score, and no, he sounded exactly like he did when he actually had a following. I then PTFB.

I must've liked him when I younger cuz I was a dumb 20-something who didn't know any better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

UHHHHH ED </SHARK>, last i checked there was a bears-post-game vacuum because we lost doug+OB, which isn't exactly giving jerry azumah or urlacher/briggs a show. or hell didn't desmond clark try to kickstart a media career a few years ago? where is good ol @tightwork88?

i think nostalgia/FIRE-AND-PASHIN is what most people want from their postgame show, otherwise we'd all be pleading mitch to get matt bowen on the postgame show so he can tell us about the X's and O's. not to mention we just watched the game and a good % of us saw what happened, so i think postgame has that niche where it's a place for people to call up and emote as opposed to analyze, and that's where having some old curmudgeony bears hanging out and not just feeling your pain but often taking it to another level with crazy passionate yelling and screaming and the very occasional UFO was desirable.

i went with NORTH for the postgame show and didn't really flip around because usually after ~30-45mins or so i've burned out on hearing the same yelling points over and over again and i'll pop over to the late game and/or the redzone channel and hope that my fantasy teams are doing good. north needs a cohost badly cuz i think he's cognizant of not wanting to be one man ranting for 15+mins straight, so he'd get a caller on and quickly address their point before going off on more rants. if he had a cohost he could spend the first 15-30mins going up and back with them going over the game b4 they turn to the callers who, yes, we know are glad to hear pappy back on the airwaves in chicago like his stint @ WIND never happened! =D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:34 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He was an attack dog for the Bears. This is where "where'd you play your ball" cam from

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
He was an attack dog for the Bears. This is where "where'd you play your ball" cam from

Hub likes to pretend that he was a 5'7" 160 lb. offensive lineman at Michigan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
sinicalypse wrote:
north needs a cohost badly cuz i think he's cognizant of not wanting to be one man ranting for 15+mins straight, so he'd get a caller on and quickly address their point before going off on more rants. if he had a cohost he could spend the first 15-30mins going up and back with them going over the game b4 they turn to the callers who, yes, we know are glad to hear pappy back on the airwaves in chicago like his stint @ WIND never happened! =D

Steve Cochran had a stint at WIND while he was exiled from WGN. I'm not sure that ever happened either. It's too bad the FCC can't let their callsign be BLACKHOLE instead.

So North realizes he needs a co-host? Only took him 16 years, good for him!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:13 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Hub likes to pretend that he was a 5'7" 160 lb. offensive lineman at Michigan.

Hub's bigger than Bernstein?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:22 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Actually, Hub has been pretty positive about the Bears this year. I have heard him him on numerous shows when the host is talking about how bad the Bears will be this year and Hub has gone the other way.