It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "The Sport Spotlight"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
I'm flipping through channels this Saturday morning and I stumble upon the Pat Benkowski production, brought to you in part by... Huck Finn Restaurants. (I love that!)

I've jokingly referenced Pat before, but I truly had no idea he was still chugging along. Today's show was labeled #1427. It's crazy to think he's been around that long. Gotta give the guy credit, he's out there getting interviews (with the Price is Right mic no less) and doing his thing. He had a one on one interview with Portis and is right in the mix firing queries Holberg's way. For today's show, dude was courtside prior to the Bulls/Cavs tilt from opening night.

Access... he has it.

I've always wondered though, who is paying Pat? Is he himself loaded and just doing this for fun, or is he on assignment for somebody? For that matter, who the hell has been sending Grobstein to all these sporting events over the years and footing the bill?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Wow, first I am surprised he is still alive.

the fact he is working and given from access if even more surprising still.

I have heard the fish is fabulous at Huck Finn's!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:32 am 

He just did a Bear flashback from 1992 brought to you by Reggie's on 21st & State and Jacky's on 53rd & Pulaski. By the way, Reggie's hosts his trivia night.

He had great footage of them scrimmaging. He spotlighted Brad Muster, Kevin Butler and Trace Armstrong. He then wondered aloud why Tim Ryan was allowed to wear #99 when it should've been retired for Hampton?

Harbaugh is being interviewed and is asked by Schanowski (yes that Schanowksi) if the Bear can be a top five offense in the league? Jim, responding like a normal human being, says "Yes."

Fell a little short of that prediction. Maybe it was the Bear offensive line from back then that turned him into "interesting" person he is today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Matches Malone wrote:
He just did a Bear flashback from 1992 brought to you by Reggie's on 21st & State and Jacky's on 53rd & Pulaski.

Jacky's has pretty good hot dogs, but they're "famous" Big Baby isn't anything to write home about.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:37 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
He just did a Bear flashback from 1992 brought to you by Reggie's on 21st & State and Jacky's on 53rd & Pulaski.

Jacky's has pretty good hot dogs, but they're "famous" Big Baby isn't anything to write home about.

That's blasphemy my friend.

Jacky's is where I discovered the Big Baby and I still eat there every now and then to this day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:41 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
I'm flipping through channels this Saturday morning and I stumble upon the Pat Benkowski production, brought to you in part by... Huck Finn Restaurants. (I love that!)

I've always wondered though, who is paying Pat? Is he himself loaded and just doing this for fun, or is he on assignment for somebody? For that matter, who the hell has been sending Grobstein to all these sporting events over the years and footing the bill?

The password is stringers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:59 pm 

Used to be friends with the son of the owners of Huck Finn. Cool dude. Lost touch after college.