It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

The answer is yes. He fucked up. Some how he got away with being what he was in today's world. Got away with his past. Quickly pretended to be "Fake Woke" to save his career.

But that dumb ass kicked the hornets nest over being called "Bernstein" and that's what's gonna get him. Duke educated and that's what gets him. That's when he decided to be the tough guy. Fucking funny.

White women are the ones that cancel white men in America. White women didn't know much about old Dan Bernstein. Now they do. And he's probably done.

It's not a Mitch call. This will be Audacy kicking his ass out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I feel like this tweet should do it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. It's kind of funny. I've been calling out Bernstein for years for his racist shit. Hating women. Hating lesbians. Hating poor people. Before I even knew what "Woke" was. I was asking why Goff and Larry loved him. They thought I was the racist. They thought Mike Murphy, Dan McNeil and Mike North were the enemy and the racists. Mike North was a dumb ass. It's the smart racist that you have to be most scared of. I told them that. They didn't listen.

Now there is an army out on Bernstein's ass. Why? Because he was called "Bernstein".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm assuming Bernstein - excuse me, Mr. Bernstein, since I don't know him like that - visits that bullshit therapist once a week on zoom. That has now been kicked up to 5 times a week. And the 5 bottles of wine he goes through a week is now 16.

He's worried.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
No one is going to remember any of this in like two weeks. Including Dave Portnoy? Especially Dave Portnoy! He'll have moved on to declaring war against a Wendy's cashier or something.

His wife is gonna catch a stray, though, sucks for her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
No one is going to remember any of this in like two weeks. Including Dave Portnoy? Especially Dave Portnoy! He'll have moved on to declaring war against a Wendy's cashier or something.

His wife is gonna catch a stray, though, sucks for her.

I'm not so sure about that. Portnoy might move on. But it's out there. So the internet mob will have their pitch forks out even when he leaves.

Yeah. Mrs. Bernstein is mad at Dan for that one. Dan doesn't understand how Jerry Reinsdorf can be best friends with racist Tony LaRussa. Yet he married a racist. Irony? Hypocrisy? Both? Whatever.

That tweet was wrong on a few levels. Cuz Dan got to pass his thoughts on his wife by tweeting it on his account. They're a cute little racist couple. Oh yeah, but don't forget, Dan and his wife decided to live in Chicago so his kids could see black and brown people. Dan loves telling people this. Something Dan was deprived of while growing up in Deerfield.

Gated community on the North side. Million dollar homes. But the girls working at the McDonalds down the street are Mexican!!!! The son and daughter gets to see them as they order their Big Mac's. Look at those Bernstein's. They're great!!! We should all be like them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:30 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Guess “they” really did come for them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:11 am 

Barstool is going to moderately inconvenience him. Then, when whoever owns The Score goes bankrupt for like the 5th time they'll declare victory and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
Barstool is going to moderately inconvenience him. Then, when whoever owns The Score goes bankrupt for like the 5th time they'll declare victory and move on.

You don't think Dan's kid via podcast or Wife via gay wedding planning isn't going to pressure Dan if they get bothered? I do. His wife likely went ape shit when he got into boob gate and he stopped all f@g jokes since as well. She has a real business she cares about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Guess “they” really did come for them.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:39 am 

pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

You don't think Dan's kid via podcast or Wife via gay wedding planning isn't going to pressure Dan if they get bothered? I do. His wife likely went ape shit when he got into boob gate and he stopped all f@g jokes since as well. She has a real business she cares about.

I'm sure they are used to it by now as you pointed out with previous examples.

You think he's going to retire because Stoolies are writing dumb stuff on her social media posts because Bernstein said something condescending to Barstool Eddie?

I get it. People hate Bernstein. He was wrong for what he did. His career isn't over because the target of his disdain, Barstool, is going to prove him correct with a response 10x worse than the original slight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

Nobody is talking about how Dan will be impacted by those two DePaul barstool kids intent on getting gay with Leery.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:41 am 

I don't think he's worried a single bit. It won't lose him listeners. No rational person is going to care about decades old tweets. The worst the Barstool guys can do to him is the equivalent of screaming Ba Ba Booey at a remote.

He's a 55 year old guy with a nice contract, money in the bank and a fat inheritance in the not too distant future. Even further, he has parents, siblings, a spouse and kids who love him. He wouldn't care a lick if he left sports talk radio once his kids get out of school and he's set them up for their future.

Sorry Beardown, you lose this one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't think he's worried a single bit. It won't lose him listeners. No rational person is going to care about decades old tweets. The worst the Barstool guys can do to him is the equivalent of screaming Ba Ba Booey at a remote.

He's a 55 year old guy with a nice contract, money in the bank and a fat inheritance in the not too distant future. Even further, he has parents, siblings, a spouse and kids who love him. He wouldn't care a lick if he left sports talk radio once his kids get out of school and he's set them up for their future.

Yeah exactly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
It would be quite ironic if Portnoy's Miscreant Army brought about Bernstein's professional downfall by unearthing his bigoted past. There's plenty of content for the Stoolies to mine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:17 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

I would imagine it would be personally embarrassing for him to be exposed as a bigot, especially since his daughter appears to be fixated on social justice causes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:31 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I would imagine it would be personally embarrassing for him to be exposed as a bigot, especially since his daughter appears to be fixated on social justice causes.

I doubt any male could withstand her ideological scrutiny. She loves him even though he is problematic.

I really don't think he's a bigot. His vexing personality trait is the hypocrisy of acting like he's never said anything as he attacks others. He's said some things in the past. Big deal.

I find his hatred for middle class chicagoans more disgusting, but no one else seems to care. In fact, everyone joins in mocking the guy with the chicago accent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:35 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Isn't it pretty much assumed that every teenager thinks everyone over 25 is a bigot these days? It's like an entire generation of kids are Dr. Style.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I doubt any male could withstand her ideological scrutiny. She loves him even though he is problematic.

I really don't think he's a bigot. His vexing personality trait is the hypocrisy of acting like he's never said anything as he attacks others. He's said some things in the past. Big deal.

I find his hatred for middle class chicagoans more disgusting, but no one else seems to care. In fact, everyone joins in mocking the guy with the chicago accent

None of what you said changes the fact that this can be highly embarrassing for him.

I don't think it's the middle class that Bernstein hates. Working-class, ethnic (Polish), and Catholic Chicagoans have always been a target of his bigotry. Basically everyone in my family except me and my sister.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Dan lost a long time ago.

He was Barstool before they ever existed. And for whatever reason, he chose to change.

And now he was forced to endure the indignity of doing cross talk with a guy who works for Portnoy, who has picked up what he dropped, and become wildly popular and rich doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:32 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He was Barstool before they ever existed. And for whatever reason, he chose to change.

And now he was forced to endure the indignity of doing cross talk with a guy who works for Portnoy, who has picked up what he dropped, and become wildly popular and rich doing it.

Dan has made it longer and has had more success than all but a few people in Chicago sports radio. 30 years at the Score. 26 years on the air as a full-time host. In comparison, North only was on the Score for 16 years. McNeil probably is in the 20-25 year range when you combine ESPN and The Score.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Maybe this started with North and that type of caller? At one point it was Rockford as a target. Either way seems to think his audience are all professionals making 150K minimum. At least he acts that way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He's a massive hypocrite, the stuff he was saying about Cheryl Scott was truly vile. Loho and him despise like 85% of their target audience. I do think Dan has leaned into himself being a victim of some unknown force since he got partnered with Loho, like he thinks he's a double minority now or something. No Dan, you're still just a rich guy that had the most privileged upbringing possible.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Isn't it pretty much assumed that every teenager thinks everyone over 25 is a bigot these days? It's like an entire generation of kids are Dr. Style.

not really, those teenagers just get complained about the most. This is in a thread about barstool, which has a massive following of young people.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tall Midget wrote:
It would be quite ironic if Portnoy's Miscreant Army brought about Bernstein's professional downfall by unearthing his bigoted past. There's plenty of content for the Stoolies to mine.

Was the tweet from Bernstein's wife that Spaulding posted dug up and reposted by Barstool in the last day or so, or was that just an example of something that could be potentially problematic for Bernstein if it were?

There is no shortage of similar tweets and audio clips that, if reposted on a more public scale by Portnoy and Co., could land Dan in hot water with advertisers.

If he didn't consistently go out of his way to paint people as racist or homo/transphobic and want their career jeopardized for things they tweeted when they were in their teens or 20s I wouldn't really care what he said 10 or 15 years ago. But the fact that he has done that and said similar things when he was in his 40s, it would bring me a little schadenfreude if he eventually got a taste of his own medicine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Dan has made it longer and has had more success than all but a few people in Chicago sports radio. 30 years at the Score. 26 years on the air as a full-time host. In comparison, North only was on the Score for 16 years. McNeil probably is in the 20-25 year range when you combine ESPN and The Score.

It matters to Dan that he ended being the smart kid, in the dumb row. And he can't say he wasn't warned about this is how it would end for him.

Greenberg, Parkins, Portnoy and others have become what he always longed to be.

Doesn't mean that Dan wasn't successful here. It does mean that he didn't become a star on a much bigger stage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Getting back to his wife’s quote. Do you think Dan asked her at the time if it was OK to tweet that? My guess would be no. It was 2012, before the woke movement. It was still very wrong and racist to say that at that time.

Yes, Good Dolphin, I understand his kids and wife still love him. And he’ll be OK financially. Doesn’t mean he’s not worried. It’s embarrassing to him that his daughter is learning about his past. It’s embarrassing to him that rich white people are finding out he’s a bigot. And a hypocrite. And he is scared that he will be canceled. Dan McNeil got canceled for way less. Bernstein has hundreds of on air moments on his record that get people canceled. And Bernstein is kicking himself for opening up a door over nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
It matters to Dan that he ended being the smart kid, in the dumb row. And he can't say he wasn't warned about this is how it would end for him.

Doesn't mean that Dan wasn't successful here. It does mean that he didn't become a star on a much bigger stage.

Yup well said. Dan is a big fish on a dying medium. The others have hit it big time and national.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:25 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Was the tweet from Bernstein's wife that Spaulding posted dug up and reposted by Barstool in the last day or so, or was that just an example of something that could be potentially problematic for Bernstein if it were?

There is no shortage of similar tweets and audio clips that, if reposted on a more public scale by Portnoy and Co., could land Dan in hot water with advertisers.

If he didn't consistently go out of his way to paint people as racist or homo/transphobic and want their career jeopardized for things they tweeted when they were in their teens or 20s I wouldn't really care what he said 10 or 15 years ago. But the fact that he has done that and said similar things when he was in his 40s, it would bring me a little schadenfreude if he eventually got a taste of his own medicine.

I clearly remember Bernstein going after people that he wanted shamed. Very similar to Portnoy without the minions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:30 am 

Seacrest wrote:

My take has always been that Dan chose the easy and stable life he ended up with. He could have taken his chances at ESPN but why risk the good life he had with the Boers and Bernstein show to work his way up to being a regular on Around The Horn?

There are hundreds of guys that have tried to do what Greenberg did and failed. There are hundreds of guys that have tried to do what Bernstein did and failed too.