It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
BD wrote:

They also opened the show with Leila laughing hysterically .

- leila wants the cubs to be loyal and keep hendricks.

- loho says the cubs need some big boppers. the angels had trout AND ohtani for a few years. hmmmm..

- did dan talk about the violence after the lgbtqrxdrs pride parade?

after observing twerkers atop cta buses and locals' cars, the feds were not impressed with the police organization, in lieu of the dem. convention.

why is dan ignoring issues that are important to marginalized people? still waiting for guidance about israel/palestine and whom to cheer for.

Is Bernstein contractually obligated to discuss every current event happening in the city and the country? Do you want him to discuss more current events?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Dan is a lefty conservative bent n certain things guy I guess. He trolls for sure but it isn’t as endearing as he thinks. I also think he is vested in pleasing his wife’s business interests. Especially after he almost got canceled for boobs and wildebeests.

Today he lets his ass out when he criticizes the Italian American deli work at Marianos for not saying the “little ears” Italian meat the right way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Franky T wrote:
I tuned in today for the first time in a long time. Dan was talking about the irony of why we celebrate the 4th (freedom from a monarchy) and that there are now MANY in this country who want a monarchy (Drumpf). I lasted all of 30 seconds.

I didn't last much longer - on a road trip. Larry has become even more unlistenable in my opinion. Every point, big and small, has to be drawn out for 2-5 minutes. I can't take it. He needs the Goff/Abbattacola shotgun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Warren Newson wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
BD wrote:

They also opened the show with Leila laughing hysterically .

- leila wants the cubs to be loyal and keep hendricks.

- loho says the cubs need some big boppers. the angels had trout AND ohtani for a few years. hmmmm..

- did dan talk about the violence after the lgbtqrxdrs pride parade?

after observing twerkers atop cta buses and locals' cars, the feds were not impressed with the police organization, in lieu of the dem. convention.

why is dan ignoring issues that are important to marginalized people? still waiting for guidance about israel/palestine and whom to cheer for.

Is Bernstein contractually obligated to discuss every current event happening in the city and the country? Do you want him to discuss more current events?

absolutely. ultimately, he'll trip himself up. he's sanctimonious enough to do a public service and guide his listeners' moral compasses in the correct direction. i'm on board, waiting for my guidance on other issues that marginalized people have to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Larry Holmes said today two local things piquing Chicago sports fan's interest are the Bears and of course Angel Reese.

In reality Angel Reese is nothing without Caitlin Clark. That's fading unless she mugs her again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes said today two local things piquing Chicago sports fan's interest are the Bears and of course Angel Reese.

In reality Angel Reese is nothing without Caitlin Clark. That's fading unless she mugs her again.

Nobody cares about the WNBA. There is a lot of interest in Caitlin Clark. This show has been pushing WNBA/Sky talk now for the past few months (but you must talk about it in a way that doesn't make you a horrible person), but that's just them pushing another narrative. In general, if either of them have a stance on something, especially social/political, it's almost always a lie. Holmes does have some of the worst sport takes though - his QB analysis, just called Simone Biles the best athlete of all time just last week....these guys, it's hard to know what motivates them, but identify politics is at the front of the line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
just called Simone Biles the best athlete of all time just last week

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Franky T wrote:
I tuned in today for the first time in a long time. Dan was talking about the irony of why we celebrate the 4th (freedom from a monarchy) and that there are now MANY in this country who want a monarchy (Drumpf). I lasted all of 30 seconds.

I didn't last much longer - on a road trip. Larry has become even more unlistenable in my opinion. Every point, big and small, has to be drawn out for 2-5 minutes. I can't take it. He needs the Goff/Abbattacola shotgun.

:lol: I had forgotten about the shotgun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
a retard wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Franky T wrote:

:lol: I had forgotten about the shotgun.

Didn't they steal that from McNeil?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:20 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Larry really said that? How long did it take him to use his words? 10 minutes? Also, that's just incorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:15 pm 

good show...dan is feeling great, just ask him. wearing his hokas.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

whatsamotta_u wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Larry really said that? How long did it take him to use his words? 10 minutes? Also, that's just incorrect.

That's the new movement amongst the progressives on sports radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
vitoscotti wrote:

Well... at least he's right about nobody giving a shit about the NBA.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:54 pm 

Larry Holmes multiple times saying Angel Reese as WNBA ROY is a given. If her punching bag Caitlin Clark gets it Larry will be a comically good listen of course claiming racism with Bernstein parroting his thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:02 pm 

well, reagan did say that african diplomats seemed more comfortable, barefoot - than wearing shoes.

he may be right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:50 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes multiple times saying Angel Reese as WNBA ROY is a given. If her punching bag Caitlin Clark gets it Larry will be a comically good listen of course claiming racism with Bernstein parroting his thoughts.

There's a correct way to talk about the WNBA and the incorrect way. I think they would accuse you of doing it in the incorrect way. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

There's a correct way to talk about the WNBA and the incorrect way. I think they would accuse you of doing it in the incorrect way. :lol:

where does calling them wildebeests and wanting to breed Brittney Griner fall on the correct/incorrect way to talk about the WNBA?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:55 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
BD wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

where does calling them wildebeests and wanting to breed Brittney Griner fall on the correct/incorrect way to talk about the WNBA?

Dan had a chance to be a better listener so he could better understand and evolve to the proper point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Holmes just wants everyone to admit that the Bears didn't give Justin Fields a fair chance. He was right about his take on the QB situation to this day.

Very amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
BD wrote:
Holmes just wants everyone to admit that the Bears didn't give Justin Fields a fair chance. He was right about his take on the QB situation to this day.

Very amusing.

He also was so right about Bryce Young being Drew Brees. He's a QB genius.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
it's time you all are hauled out to the public square and shot in the face, a few inches to the good more than Trump was. You wanted this, now you've got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ricky11Slade wrote:
BD wrote:

Very amusing.

That’s a very underrated Leery moment.

“Bryce Young is a more talented version of a hall of famer and no, I wouldn’t draft him.”

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
BD wrote:

Very amusing.

That’s a very underrated Leery moment.

“Bryce Young is a more talented version of a hall of famer and no, I wouldn’t draft him.”

That's probably a more ridiculous take than his ridiculous defense of Justin Fields. He just compares Bryce Young to a HOF Top10 QB of all time, and won't trade for him......because they have Justin Fields.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George where everything circles back to Lloyd Braun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I hate parkins but im conflicted in this cuz Larrys gotta be maddddddd.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:10 am 

Larry Holmes talking with Steve Stone said he got "near tears" when Stone talked about playing in an all-star game during a broadcast. Near tears over a basic baseball story?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:29 am 

dan didn't define (critical theory/frankfurt school) what american patriotism vs american nationalism/jingoism is...but he did say yesterday that he dreds the upcoming olympics and chants of u-s-a, u-s-a. dan said to turn away and run, from americans chanting u-s-a, u-s-a.

dan would have run out of a hockey game in lake placid in 1980.

is dan disgusted at and would he shun these fans cheering on their national football team?

awhile back, he did tell mark de rosa, that he was all-in on team israel at the wbc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan said to turn away and run, from americans chanting u-s-a, u-s-a.

That's been a bit of his for 18 years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:43 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Larry Holmes talking with Steve Stone said he got "near tears" when Stone talked about playing in an all-star game during a broadcast. Near tears over a basic baseball story?

Larry could be taking new hormones.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:43 pm 

mark schlereth on today was great. He is hilarious. He was driving with his grandkids and it was something!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
RFDC wrote:
mark schlereth on today was great. He is hilarious. He was driving with his grandkids and it was something!

did he have a few cocktails?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

Had a hilarious line about grandkids. Something about grandparents and grandkids bonding because they have a common enemy. Do you know the quote exactly? I was only half paying attention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 94  Next