It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
One time I was on the B&B show... they were talking about hunting and basically how stupid it was. I called in and said there's a lot of Americans who hunt to eat. He mocked me saying there's plenty of food at the piggley wiggley and nobody hunts to eat. I think he said "just go get food stamps". (I know for a fact that there's families who hunt to eat and don't give any fucks about deer or turkey tags)

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
It seems MANY who talk for a living eventually say something that gets them in trouble. Social media exacerbates that likelihood. It's a shame, really.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Dan has the job for as long as he wants it. Presumably, "as long as he wants it" is up until the kids' college is paid for. I can't see him going into business for himself as some independent content creator, or even just lingering around the Score as a fill-in or some sort of ambient contributor. I think he's just playing out the string and then he's done with sports media and on to a third act of moderately well-compensated charity work to keep himself occupied.

I vividly remember Dan saying once "and we don't even know how to use Twitter yet..." which I took to mean that he understood conceptually that social media could be used to drive up content viewership, but threw his hands up as to how. It seems like he never bothered to try to learn. And you're probably totally right that he doesn't even want to do something on his own once he's done with terrestrial radio, but I don't think he even could if he wanted to, much like Dahl figured out when he tried to do a podcast subscription model.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
One time I was on the B&B show... they were talking about hunting and basically how stupid it was. I called in and said there's a lot of Americans who hunt to eat. He mocked me saying there's plenty of food at the piggley wiggley and nobody hunts to eat. I think he said "just go get food stamps". (I know for a fact that there's families who hunt to eat and don't give any fucks about deer or turkey tags)

Did Goff hit the “Dumb ass cracker” button on you while you were talking?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:48 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I do hope he did his super high brow, high concept, Cletus impression as he mocked you.

Also, good job Beardown - definitely needed another thread for this conversation to get split into :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:

I know plenty of hunters and now live around dudes who love it. Few do it mainly to eat, but most eat the stuff they hunt, if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I find hunters sexy. It takes physical and mental toughness with quite a bit of skill. Fabrication of an animal is harder than you think and it's difficult for me to picture some of the logistics. My roommate's husband (from college) is a hunter. Him and his friends are great.

Did anybody tell BERNSTEIN there is fish at the piggly wiggly too? I don't think he could hunt and that's why he mocks it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Spaulding wrote:
I find hunters sexy. It takes physical and mental toughness with quite a bit of skill. Fabrication of an animal is harder than you think and it's difficult for me to picture some of the logistics. My roommate's husband (from college) is a hunter. Him and his friends are great.

Did anybody tell BERNSTEIN there is fish at the piggly wiggly too? I don't think he could hunt and that's why he mocks it.

Spaulding loves the Haitians! :wink:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:09 pm 

Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
It matters to Dan that he ended being the smart kid, in the dumb row. And he can't say he wasn't warned about this is how it would end for him.

Greenberg, Parkins, Portnoy and others have become what he always longed to be.

Doesn't mean that Dan wasn't successful here. It does mean that he didn't become a star on a much bigger stage.

My take has always been that Dan chose the easy and stable life he ended up with. He could have taken his chances at ESPN but why risk the good life he had with the Boers and Bernstein show to work his way up to being a regular on Around The Horn?

There are hundreds of guys that have tried to do what Greenberg did and failed. There are hundreds of guys that have tried to do what Bernstein did and failed too.

I feel you are correct. I do think he made the right call for him and has the family and life he enjoys. I also still thinks he has angst that he has not lived up to either his dad's dreams or his colleague circle growing up that are not really rich lawyers and doctors. Either way he still can and does act like a douche and per his treatment of others is deserving of fallout.

I think he does realize that his career was lucrative but not really important. He didn't move the world forward. I am still in the middle of my career and I'm already realizing that nothing good ever came of anything I've ever done or will do profesionally. You either accept that you really were insignificant or you try and do what you can to have an impact. I think that is a lot of where the overreaction to Penn State and what followed came from. There were young reporters breaking stories on an absolutely horrific set of crimes and people who looked past it. Meanwhile, be sure to turn in for WYC and we can discuss if Jay Cutler is better than Josh McCown.

I disagree, the longer I work the less I think that curing cancer or inventing the cell phone are the only measures to impact the world. Colleagues that you mentor, young professionals that you teach and impart wisdom to, these are all significant and impactful things. Being part of a successful company or organization in whatever role is impactful. The longer I work I more firmly believe that just employing people or being part of a successful organization that employs people is one of the highest moral callings we have.

What more impact can you have than creating employment for someone who can feed and shelter their family, save money, pay for education, accumulate assets, etc. That’s a moral calling to be part of, and a very significant calling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Spaulding loves the Haitians! :wink:

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
denisdman wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I know plenty of hunters and now live around dudes who love it. Few do it mainly to eat, but most eat the stuff they hunt, if that makes sense.

When I lived out west I knew a good amount of people whose protein intake was probably 80% game or fish. Gets more difficult with possession limits and the like but people found a way (And an Elk goes a long way) . Illlinois' archery deer limit (No limit on does) fed many a family around here over the years. Smaller game as well. Rabbits breed like rabbits after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Harry Seaward wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I do hope he did his super high brow, high concept, Cletus impression as he mocked you.

Also, good job Beardown - definitely needed another thread for this conversation to get split into :roll:

Ok. Whatever. Sorry to inconvenience you with a different click. Lord knows your time is so fucking valuable to respond to me. It's all bullshit anyway. Nobody understands that here more than me. So, fuck you. I haven't posted much in the last 5 years or so. Keep on wishing for my death. One day it will come true. Bernstein has a stat on that saying it will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Ok. Whatever. Sorry to inconvenience you with a different click. Lord knows your time is so fucking valuable to respond to me. It's all bullshit anyway. Nobody understands that here more than me. So, fuck you. I haven't posted much in the last 5 years or so. Keep on wishing for my death. One day it will come true. Bernstein has a stat on that saying it will happen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:05 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:

:lol: that is a pretty good comp for beardown.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Back to the nonsense!!!!

Bernstein hates Spiegel for this. As a fellow Jew he hates that Spiegel brought an evil Christian from an evil network to host with him. He blames Spiegel for the heat he is now taking.

Discuss. If you don't discuss this here, I will make it a new thread.

Harry Seaward: :shock: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:24 am 

Spaulding wrote:

I hunt beaver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:25 am 

Enjoy the last day of this mattering because by Monday everyone will have moved on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I hunt beaver

How is that going for ya?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:37 am 

brucester001 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I hunt beaver

I'm able to feed myself

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
Enjoy the last day of this mattering because by Monday everyone will have moved on.

It seems important to you to back the Bern.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:20 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

You don't know him like that. Call him Dan or Bernsie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:49 pm 

Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

You don't know him like that. Call him Dan or Bernsie.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

I hunt beaver

Hasn't gotten a dam one in years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Ricky11Slade wrote:
He's a massive hypocrite, the stuff he was saying about Cheryl Scott was truly vile. Loho and him despise like 85% of their target audience. I do think Dan has leaned into himself being a victim of some unknown force since he got partnered with Loho, like he thinks he's a double minority now or something. No Dan, you're still just a rich guy that had the most privileged upbringing possible.

that's been my take for years and i've pointed out the examples. not a basketball fan at all, but i'd make time to listen to dan talk mid-late 90's bulls when he covered them. when he sticks to sports, sans woke flowchart directing his opinion, worth listening to. his take and comments on the duke lacrosse rape allegations would be an absolute sea-change, nearly 20 years on.

for all anyone knows, he may have asked his wife for permission to make that post up - as to express his true feelings with the possibility of deflection for any 2012 fallout.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Looks like there's good people on both sides on erasing Bernstein's history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
you can never erase hebrew calligraphy.