It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tom Thayer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
I don't know about the rest of you, but I look forward to Friday's Thayer segment at 8:02. I love his analysis of the previous week's game and his breakdown of the next opponent. He doesn't hold a lot back either for being a company guy.

Post subject: Re: Tom Thayer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
thayer breakdown is great nfl network should grab him

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
thayer breakdown is great nfl network should grab him

Thayer does provide solid analysis on the Bears, both during the week & when the Bears play on WBBM 780 & the Bears' Radio Network. If you've been watching "Bears GameDay Live" Sunday mornings on FOX 32 w/Lou Canellis, not only does Thayer dwarf PBP voice Jeff Joniak in size whenever they're on camera, but a couple of the Bear players suddenly join the two in the first 5 minutes of the show from the stadium where they're calling the games. Joniak & ESPN Radio's Mike Greenberg look awfully short! Check it out this Sunday @ 10:30a and you'll know what I mean...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
I've noticed something interesting about Thayer. He is a regular guest on Dahl's insufferable show. When Thayer is on Dahl he is very friendly but his analysis is the most basic and skin deep. He clearly is a pal of Dahl but knows how Dahl doesn't really understand football beyond the basics so he keeps it idiot-simple. On M&H he really gets into it on a very thorough basis and is just as pleasant etc. He knows that M&H, and obviously Mully, knows the subject matter very well. It is a stark difference and a much better show when he is with M&H. Thayer is very good and speaks well for a pro ball player (ie , he is not Hamp).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
aparicio wrote:
I've noticed something interesting about Thayer. He is a regular guest on Dahl's insufferable show. When Thayer is on Dahl he is very friendly but his analysis is the most basic and skin deep. He clearly is a pal of Dahl but knows how Dahl doesn't really understand football beyond the basics so he keeps it idiot-simple. On M&H he really gets into it on a very thorough basis and is just as pleasant etc. He knows that M&H, and obviously Mully, knows the subject matter very well. It is a stark difference and a much better show when he is with M&H. Thayer is very good and speaks well for a pro ball player (ie , he is not Hamp).

Aparicio, Rob Feder wrote something in his last column this morning in the Sun-Times, and it featured an "I Predict" concerning "Stever". Feder wrote today that he won't be surprised if CBS Radio buys out the rest of Steve Dahl's current contract due to the eroding ratings of 104.3 "JACK FM" weekday mornings.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:40 am 

Location: A little town called none of your god-damned business
Thanks, I just checked it out on the ST website. Hilarious. His ratings are actually worse than the Moody Bible Institute's radio station. This is the low point of his career and, in pure Dahl fashion, he will likely go out at his low point. Chicago will be better for it, although from the ratings it looks like no one is listening anyway. If a fatass falls in the woods and no one is there, does it make a sound? :lol: :lol: :lol: