It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Bitter Guy"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Stone claims he was labeled a "Bitter Guy" for calling Zambrano lazy. NOPE!

You are labeled Bitter because you are "BITTER"

Every so called Steve Stone show is picking out something about the Cubs going wrong, that we all know and then comparing it to the Sox? Funny thing today, I know another fat pitcher on the Sox who is doing a really bad job, who probably could do a lot better with dropping pounds and lifting some weights?

No doubt Zambrano is lazy, he should get in better shape, anyone who has eyes knows this, it doesn't take the geniusness of Steve Stone to make that known to anyone, but today was the Steve Stone show comparing him to Mark Buerhle? While lay"Z" has lived up to his new nickname, his stats are actually comparable to Buerhle who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last 7 years.

Maybe Stone can enlighten us again with Beckham v Bradley stats?

One day I only wish anyone on the radio had the NUTS TO CALL STONE OUT! This might actually lead to good old fashioned sports talk radio, instead of this buddy buddy crap.

And it was a little weird listening to Stone mention the flat bellies of the other 'boys' on the Cubs?

Post subject: Re: "Bitter Guy"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Every time Stone mentions being called "bitter" it makes him sound even more bitter. Every time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
but remember, he isn't bitter, he said so

Chris, I would be happy with one on air person saying exactly what you just said.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Stone needs to let it go at this point, but I can see why he would not be happy with the way he left the Cubs.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Stone needs to let it go at this point, but I can see why he would not be happy with the way he left the Cubs.

He's got "Bitter Cub Face" :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Forget the cubs...thats what he needs to do. This whole thing has ruined the best analyst in baseball if not sports.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Forget the cubs...thats what he needs to do. This whole thing has ruined the best analyst in baseball if not sports.

DING!

I don't blame him for being upset with the Cubs. In fact, I think he should be upset with them. But that's precisely why he should move on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

bigfan, Colon is on the DL for basically being fat and sucking. The former of which has landed Zambrano on the DL TWICE this season. That is 2 more times than Buerhle has been on the DL in his career.

Buehrle is also yet to serve a single suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Buehrle is also yet to serve a single suspension.

A suspension would have been better for the club than his frequent winless streaks...like 8 9 games in a row getting hit hard...that doesnt happen to Zambrano.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Thats true to an extent. I guess you can't get hit hard if you're in the penalty box or on the DL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 am 

bigfan wrote:

Every so called Steve Stone show is picking out something about the Cubs going wrong, that we all know and then comparing it to the Sox? Funny thing today, I know another fat pitcher on the Sox who is doing a really bad job, who probably could do a lot better with dropping pounds and lifting some weights?

No doubt Zambrano is lazy, he should get in better shape, anyone who has eyes knows this, it doesn't take the geniusness of Steve Stone to make that known to anyone, but today was the Steve Stone show comparing him to Mark Buerhle? While lay"Z" has lived up to his new nickname, his stats are actually comparable to Buerhle who has been one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last 7 years.

One day I only wish anyone on the radio had the NUTS TO CALL STONE OUT! This might actually lead to good old fashioned sports talk radio, instead of this buddy buddy crap.

And it was a little weird listening to Stone mention the flat bellies of the other 'boys' on the Cubs?

The only thing more bitter then Stone, is Cub fans being bitter that Stone is bitter...........LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Colon will be gone soon, Whackjob Zambrano is on the Cubs payroll for quite sometime.

Maybe Cub Fans should stop worrying about THE MESSENGER all the damned time and focus on Hendry and his stupid assed contract deals.

Who cares if Steve Stone pisses on the Harry Caray statue?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Colon will be gone soon, Whackjob Zambrano is on the Cubs payroll for quite sometime.

Maybe Cub Fans should stop worrying about THE MESSENGER all the damned time and focus on Hendry and his stupid assed contract deals.

ASFB...I know you dont fall into this category...but how many Sox fans obsessed over what Mariottii wrote about the Sox...he was THE MESSENGER...just like stone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

ASFB...I know you dont fall into this category...but how many Sox fans obsessed over what Mariottii wrote about the Sox...he was THE MESSENGER...just like stone.

I belive 3........Jerry.Kenny and Ozzie, me on the other hand stopped reading Eddie a long time ago.......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 am 

I believe Stone basically states the obvious,he's not making shit up like Eddie..........

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Stone is by far my favorite baseball analyst. He was fantastic on the Cubs broadcast and his insight was practically psychic. I can't tell you how many times he would say something was going to happen and damn if it didn't.

But for him to pretend that he isn't human by saying that he has no bitterness toward the Cubs is silly.

It's human nature for people to have some bitterness or resentment over the way a relationship ends, especially if it was unforeseen or unexpected. For him to try to stand there and tell us that he doesn't have these very human feelings comes off as disingenuine.

I still think he is the best analyst in the game though.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

Apples and Oranges. Was Marriotti ever employed, and fired by, the Sox for doing his job?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:15 pm 

TheSerb wrote:
I belive 3........Jerry.Kenny and Ozzie, me on the other hand stopped reading Eddie a long time ago.......

If I could quote Eric LaSard...There were many many many many Sox fans that did read "Eddie" and continually complained about it.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Apples and Oranges. Was Marriotti ever employed, and fired by, the Sox for doing his job?

Im not saying they are the same...but as far as Bob's post...they ARE both messengers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Right, they are both messengers, but Stone has a reason to be upset with the Cubs. yeah, he should man up and just let it go, but his axe to grind with the Cubs is legit. Maybe Marriotti's was too, in the sense that it sold papers, but its still 2 different cases here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm 

TheSerb wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The only thing more bitter then Stone, is Cub fans being bitter that Stone is bitter...........LOL.

Ok good. Glad you agree he is bitter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Right, they are both messengers, but Stone has a reason to be upset with the Cubs. yeah, he should man up and just let it go, but his axe to grind with the Cubs is legit. Maybe Marriotti's was too, in the sense that it sold papers, but its still 2 different cases here.

Right. They are different.

Mariotti found a niche and exploited as much as possible. White Sox people and fans were largely responsible for his success.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
TheSerb wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Ok good. Glad you agree he is bitter.

Ohhhhh Stone Pony is bitter.........You can bet your bottom dollar on that!!Im a Sox fan and have never cared for Stone when he did Cub games and I dont particulary care for him now.But he's just better then the Hawk,DJ, and Farmio.......All ass kissing clowns!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
rogers park bryan wrote:

Mariotti was a godsend....All of the Hawk Harrelson bullshit drives any Sox fan with half a mind crazy....The REAL Harry Caray, if he were alive and doing Sox games today, would be blasting the defense for 9 innings.
He would be all over the Sox inability to bunt or score baserunners without a home run...This dumb assed Sox team 3 games under .500 against the sorry assed A.L. Central would have just been perfect for Caray to TORCH!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Mariotti was a godsend....All of the Hawk Harrelson bullshit drives any Sox fan with half a mind crazy....The REAL Harry Caray, if he were alive and doing Sox games today, would be blasting the defense for 9 innings.
He would be all over the Sox inability to bunt or score baserunners without a home run...This dumb assed Sox team 3 games under .500 against the sorry assed A.L. Central would have just been perfect for Caray to TORCH!!!!!

+1......All except Mariotti I agree with!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He wasn't very good on ESPN being an analyst, guess that's why he no longer is there. OVER-RATED is really what he is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
He wasn't very good on ESPN being an analyst, guess that's why he no longer is there. OVER-RATED is really what he is.

He didn't succeed at ESPN because when you broadcast at the national level, you cannot give in-depth analysis. You have to dumb down the commentary to appeal to every person across the country, not just fans of your own team. I wouldn't think Stone would be very good in a role such as Joe Morgan, or as a baseball tonight commentator.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

He didn't succeed at ESPN because when you broadcast at the national level, you cannot give in-depth analysis. You have to dumb down the commentary to appeal to every person across the country, not just fans of your own team. I wouldn't think Stone would be very good in a role such as Joe Morgan, or as a baseball tonight commentator.

So his now famous " for you kids watching at home" comment was too deep for the national audience?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

So his now famous " for you kids watching at home" comment was too deep for the national audience?

For viewers in Kansas, Nebraska, and Utah, probably yes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:

So by that logic, and with the mild success that Chris Singleton has had on Baseball Tonight, he was UNDER-RATED as Sox broadcaster?

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

No, Stone is just terribly over-rated as an analyst. Have you learned much this year from him doing the Sox games? Other than "look for slider low and away"?

BTW, why does he skip the west coast trips? Is he wanted in California?