It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
What a jagoff.1st he said he would vote for the 'roids boys,then a guy calls and says that what would he tell his son that Cowley would condon these cheaters getting in? Dr Phil Cowley said he was a bad parent.Then the biggest FUCKHEAD I have ever heard said Ty Cobb was in the HOF and he was a racist.Moments later a caller ( whom they ignored) said taking 'roids makes you better, where racism doesn't. This moron should have delivered papers,instead of writing for one! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
What a jagoff.1st he said he would vote for the 'roids boys,then a guy calls and says that what would he tell his son that Cowley would condon these cheaters getting in? Dr Phil Cowley said he was a bad parent.Then the biggest FUCKHEAD I have ever heard said Ty Cobb was in the HOF and he was a racist.Moments later a caller ( whom they ignored) said taking 'roids makes you better, where racism doesn't. This moron should have delivered papers,instead of writing for one! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm sure there are a lot of imperfect men in the Hall. Wifebeaters,racists,etc.
We are talking baseball statistics & we have a large group of men who altered
the record books by enhancing their bodies with steroids. Not right. None of
these guys will ever be in the Hall & they no better to complain about it. They
should put Mark Grace in,"just to stick it in their ass" but they are probably used to that!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Racism might make you better at a baseball if you've got the "fire and the passion" for hating other races.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm 

JAWS wrote:
You know... and don't take this the wrong way as I absolutely despise those who were using steroids.... I sort of agree with Cowley. His point is that since baseball not only allowed this nonsense, and also sort of embraced it for a period, vote these cheaters into their little museum and FORCE THEM to deal with it.

I disagree Cowley's reasons are a "cop out".......He doesnt want to do enough research about who did and who didnt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Since this whole thing started I have been of the opinion that you can't just wipe out an entire era. Every baseball era has had a controversy - you name me one era that SHOULDN'T have an asterick?

Every player in the Hall that played before the 50's should have an asterick for not having to play against African American, Latin or Asian players.

Every player in the Hall that played after that should have an asterick for having tubs full of greenies in the dugout up until the early 90's.

Niekro, Perry and how many others scuffed, cut or spit on the ball?

There was also the dead ball era, the juiced ball era, the war era, etc.

I am of the opinion that while every moron who did steroids during this era is a selfish turd, we can't just black out an entire era because whether we like it or not, the playing field was equally tainted - both pitchers and hitters were doing it. So while the numbers are inflated, the level of competition was consistent. Does that make it right? Hell no. But it is what it is.

Baseball takes a beating for these kind of things because the records are hallowed and easily documented. Football however skates by with barely a notice when a big name player gets busted for steroids.

Put them all in, call the entire era the PED era and be done with it.

That's just my opinion.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I have never been to Cooperstown, but the joke of "build a modern era wiong" should be reality

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I am tired of the Score hiring ex newspaper sportwriters. I miss Stoney. I really miss Piersall!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I got nothing against Degen. Dave, BUT IT'S ASTERISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives me crazy.
:bom:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:03 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Since this whole thing started I have been of the opinion that you can't just wipe out an entire era. Every baseball era has had a controversy - you name me one era that SHOULDN'T have an asterick?

Every player in the Hall that played before the 50's should have an asterick for not having to play against African American, Latin or Asian players.

Every player in the Hall that played after that should have an asterick for having tubs full of greenies in the dugout up until the early 90's.

Niekro, Perry and how many others scuffed, cut or spit on the ball?

There was also the dead ball era, the juiced ball era, the war era, etc.

I am of the opinion that while every moron who did steroids during this era is a selfish turd, we can't just black out an entire era because whether we like it or not, the playing field was equally tainted - both pitchers and hitters were doing it. So while the numbers are inflated, the level of competition was consistent. Does that make it right? Hell no. But it is what it is.

Baseball takes a beating for these kind of things because the records are hallowed and easily documented. Football however skates by with barely a notice when a big name player gets busted for steroids.

Put them all in, call the entire era the PED era and be done with it.

That's just my opinion.

I agree with ya, DD, but I'd go one step farther: let Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe be eligible. Other gamblers and players accused of throwing games are in: Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker to name two prominent ones.