It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Listening to???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Could anyone be listening to Mike and Mike that is a real Bears fan? on a Post Bears Monday?

Post subject: Re: Listening to???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I tried to, but then I heard Ditka talking about about favre, and turned it right back...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
bigfan wrote:
Could anyone be listening to Mike and Mike when all they do is talk about the same shit over and over again?

Fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It always amazed me that Chicago Sports fans would listen to Mike and Mike. They rarely talk about what, I thought, Chicago listeners wanted to hear.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
fhuebner wrote:
It always amazed me that Chicago Sports fans would listen to Mike and Mike. They rarely talk about what, I thought, Chicago listeners wanted to hear.

Just remember fredo, your average American citizen is a meathead.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
No offense, Fred. I don't blame you for it but the Mike North / Anne Maxfield experience drove me away from Score mornings and I've only recently begun to gravitate back. Went to Mike and Mike for a while until I got satellite.

But, North wasn't doing sports - too much Real Estate game and Rant of the Day ("give me a topic, Chicago, and I'll talk nonsensical gibberish about it for 30 seconds") and commercials - and even now the Score morning show is commercials with some sports talk which still keeps me away most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
agreed.

Fred, you did beat the pants off those guys when you were with Murph, but the Score lost my morning ear when North decided to do a non-sports show. Drove me to M&M for a while too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The only reason I tune into M&H is because they talk local. They are fucking brutal and if M&M were talking Bears/Cubs/Sox, etc, I'd have them on.

Mully actually said today that the Bears' OLine was "normal, average." I almost wanted to drive downtown and punch him in the throat.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm 

fhuebner wrote:

Is this question really coming from the guy who was part of the Mike North Morning Show? (Last time I checked you were 'Huebs', not 'fhuebner'.) You think Mike and you guys talked about what we wanted to hear? Seriously? Then add in the fact that even if you WERE talking about what we wanted to hear, Mike was an arrogant, ignorant tool who drove people to the other station in droves. If you are Fred, I'm not blaming YOU personally for that fiasco, but come on. Do you still not acknowledge what a disaster that show was?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mully actually said today that the Bears' OLine was "normal, average." I almost wanted to drive downtown and punch him in the throat.

I didn't understand that either. So Mully is okay that the Bears OLine went from real bad to bad???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Then when somebody called him out as a bears "aplogist" he got on the defensive and claimed he never said the Oline was good, that they can play better, etc.

It was a joke and I actually don't give much credit to Hanley for calling him on that.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Then when somebody called him out as a bears "aplogist" he got on the defensive and claimed he never said the Oline was good, that they can play better, etc.

It was a joke and I actually don't give much credit to Hanley for calling him on that.
Was it a caller or a texter who called him an apologist (I sent a text to that affect but didn't hear the segment you referenced).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Mully & Hanley aren't perfect, but I find myself listening to them more during Bears season. They book decent guests, and are an easy listen. I will add though, that the fact I usually fall asleep with Les on doesn't hurt. They are on when I wake up, and if it's interesting I'll keep it on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This IS Fred. Like a dumbass, I couldn't get my other password to work, so I registered under the new name.

I understand sports wasn't always talked, but we didn't talk Jets, Giants, Yankees, and Eagles, the day after a Bears game...or leading into an NFL weekend.

Nothing is perfect, and everyone has their likes and dislikes. PD's have their ideas, hosts have theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 pm 

fhuebner wrote:

Local Chicago radio is great if the teams are interesting (good or bad interesting), but when the Chicago teams are uninteresting, it makes for terrible radio. I really don't want to listen to nonstop local Chicago sports radio all day. Sometimes I enjoy the national stories and most of the Chicago sports radio jockeys don't know enough national sports to anchor an intelligent conversation about national sports. I like a little mix.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am 

I have to say, these guys are terrible. I kinda hope they contract Ebola. I flipped the radio on this morning, and they had Ken Rosenthal on to talk about the World Series. They kept stepping all over everything Rosenthal was saying with inane jabber. I swear, if you look up "douchebag" in the dictionary, a picture of these two pricks should be there. I've tried this show as a refuge from Mike & Mike, but these guys are fucking insufferable. Mike & Mike are boring, and their show is for the most part shit, but at least they're mildly professional.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 am 

Hey Fred,

I agree with most of the posters that the old " Morning Show " was hard to listen to without hitting the dial. I never could handle M&M, the " little nerd & the tough ex-jock routine " is BRUTAL. However, I will say that I liked you with Murph. I also thought you should have been left on the Bears pre-game show. I always listened when you did it. Now, hardly ever. I like Hub now that he no longer works for the beloved, but Hampton is hard to listen to without a decoder ring. Chevy Chase didn't stumble as much. Danimal should send transmissions for the C.I.A., no foreign country could ever figure out what he was saying.