It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Bowl Broadcasts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know about you guys, but I'm flat dead worn out from the last week of Super Bowl interviews (from all sportsradio stations). Marshall Faulk and his milk moustache, Jim McMahon and 'too cool for football viewing' attitude, John Elway and his sofas, Jerry Rice discussing deep tissue massages, Emmitt Smith talking about all of his female fans because he can ballroom dance, Joe Montana dissing the NFL for not paying his $100K appearance fee last year in Detroit, Joe Theisman and his hoochie finger, yada yada yada.

Although Mac sounded like he was non exhaling during his taped interviews the past couple of days, at least MJH went out of their way to provide us a pretty interview laden week of shows - and didn't just sit back waiting for the next guest coming down the Media Row conveyor line.

Furthermore, it was pretty refreshing to hear Jurko on with Chet this morning during the 9 o'clock hour, and then Harry during the 10 o'clock hour and then Mac during the 11 o'clock hour.

Harry even had a good joke... "I heard the maid pounding on my door at 11AM on Friday, so I let her out."

I know MJH were just 'doing their jobs' but thumbs up for going above and beyond 'recreating' and waiting for the guests, thumbs up for 86'ing that Bear hatin' Jimmy Buffet, and thumbs up for persuading the carrot danglers to talk to Waddle. NOW LET'S WIN A PHUCKIN SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree Grid. MJH did a good job. They got Bears players because they went to find them and other guests who you want to hear from. (Turner, Riveria, Ian Scott, Briggs.)

B&B bitched about Miami. Bitched about their hotel. Said they hated this. Spent time bitching about the last 2 SB's in Detroit and Jacksonville. They just took any ass hole that walked by them and put a head set on them because they were lazy and just wanted to kill time. I don't think B&B got one Bear while in Miami. Such a tough miserable life B&B have.

MJH were enthused and made it a fun week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:45 pm 

Quote:
I don't think B&B got one Bear while in Miami.

Tommie Harris was just on yesterday. Heeey buddy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
Furthermore, it was pretty refreshing to hear Jurko on with Chet this morning during the 9 o'clock hour, and then Harry during the 10 o'clock hour and then Mac during the 11 o'clock hour.

I only heard Jurko this morning and I was very impressed. He was speaking about the NFL pension situation, the PA, Upshaw, etc. He was very well-spoken and a great interviewee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah good stuff. JD brought it this week as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sleuth, Tommie Harris bums me out. Well actually not him, but I'm really bummed for him, as he predicted the Bears would be IN MIAMI PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL at MJH's broadcast from Durty Nellie's on NFL Draft Eve back in April of '06. If we had Tommie and Mike Brown, we'd DESTROY Indy - but now we'll have to settle for closely fought victory.

...and Killer V, I too was impressed by Jurko. He wasn't being a caricature of himself for the Afternoon Thunder Show - he was carrying on a very intelligent conversation with Chet.

Speaking of Chet, Mac told Chet that he'd be waiting for him in the Sybarus with a spiked collar - and Chet didn't even acknowledge what Mac said. Just Chet being Chet I guess. ;)