It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fat people flying
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
anyone else have this problem? i had it today actually. from denver to billings, a very large woman sat next to me...she was so large that she actually needed like an extender seatbelt to strap in. im sure she paid for just one seat.

now, i didnt say anything because 1, its a smaller plane (CRJ- 2 seats, aisle, 2 seats, about 12-17 rows) so there's less room in generall. and 2, its only like a 55 minute flight from denver to billings. but if it was the transcon or something, i for sure would have opened up my mouth. not that im super thin, but i can fit quite comfortably into a standard airline coach seat.

and mac, southwest does still have this policy. they refer to these people as a customer of size. if they're too big to fit in the seat, they have to buy a 2nd one. however, if the flight is not full, they get a refund for that second seat, which i dont really have a problem with

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/cos_qa.html

Why ask large Customers to purchase additional seating?
We could no longer ignore complaints from Customers who traveled without full access to the seat purchased due to encroachment by a large seatmate whose body extended into the neighboring seat. These Customers had uncomfortable (and sometimes painful) travel experiences, and it is our responsibility to seek resolution to prevent this problem.

What is the definitive gauge for a Customer of size?
The armrest is the definitive gauge, as it serves as the boundary between seats. Customers who are unable to lower the armrests (the definitive boundary between seats) and/or who compromise any portion of adjacent seating should proactively book the number of seats needed during initial reservations.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:52 pm 

God this country is going down the toliet. HIT THE TREADMILL PEOPLE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I thought this was a pretty amusing rant. I have a bigger friend as well and have to make constant adjustments for him when we do things. Sucks when we worked together for our college football program as we;d end up getting stuck sitting by each other on plane or bus. I always fear my couch will break when he comes over. I have to strategize certain things like where I want him to sit because I know something will break (yet he has chosen in the past to pick these spots to sit in) or try to avoid having him over to my girlfriend's in fear of having no place for him to sit. If there's a group of people, he has to sit up front. If we're at a restaurant, no booths. He's a good guy, but to be honest all these things really become a pain in the ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
I have a bigger friend as well and have to make constant adjustments for him when we do things.

Is any commentary really necessary here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:
I have a bigger friend as well and have to make constant adjustments for him when we do things.

Is any commentary really necessary here?

I may stop laughing at this post tonight around 10:00pm. Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Last time I went to Six Flags, I couldn't fit on Raging Bull...

Sorry...not sure if that had anything to do with this at all...just felt like sharing that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
lay-up [ley-uhp] –noun:
tap-in [tap-in] –noun:

Quote:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was a pretty amusing rant. I have a bigger friend as well and have to make constant adjustments for him when we do things. Sucks when we worked together for our college football program as we;d end up getting stuck sitting by each other on plane or bus. I always fear my couch will break when he comes over. I have to strategize certain things like where I want him to sit because I know something will break (yet he has chosen in the past to pick these spots to sit in) or try to avoid having him over to my girlfriend's in fear of having no place for him to sit. If there's a group of people, he has to sit up front. If we're at a restaurant, no booths. He's a good guy, but to be honest all these things really become a pain in the ass.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:33 pm 

Quote:
I have a bigger friend as well and have to make constant adjustments for him when we do things to my girlfriend's ass.

It's amazing what the delete key can do.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
:lol: