It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bush Leauge !
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was a little turned off that Dan felt the need to bring an internet web-site rumor to the air that Rex Grossman was out untill 4am the night of the Superbowl. I respect Dan and his work but to bring this to the air was irresponsible and sophomoric on his part. Has his show turned to web-site and tabloids to fill his air time ?

I know his feeling on Rex but come on Dan your better than this . Leave that crap for the Mike North show .

Hey Fritze , is it true dat you saws Rex pounding brews till 4am ?? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:11 pm 

Staying up until 4 and passing out is one way to make sure you get some sleep the night before the superbowl. It's not like the game was at noon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If the starting QB of the superbowl was in the bars at 4am, you'd figure the prevalance of paparrazi (sp), tabloids writers, thousands of sports writers and photogs, how the hell would this have gone unnoticed until today?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:17 pm 

Someone saw a guy spilling his drinks all night and falling flat on his face in a bar and then saw Rex in the superbowl fumbling snaps and tripping over himself and put two and two together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 pm 

I think I need to call shenanigans on this story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Darkside wrote:
If the starting QB of the superbowl was in the bars at 4am, you'd figure the prevalance of paparrazi (sp), tabloids writers, thousands of sports writers and photogs, how the hell would this have gone unnoticed until today?

My point exactly Darkside. Why even bring it up and put it on the air. Its like Dan taking things off this messageboard and going on the air with it . Why subject your listeners to garbage from a web-site and rumors of the starting QB in the Superbowl out in a bar until 4am .. Just stupid on all accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:28 pm 

Guys, Rex's problems in the Super Bowl are easy to explain.

It's George Bush's fault.

There is no need for further explaination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's the 'actual item':

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/

We largely tend to shy away from posting actual rumors here at KSK. Why? Because they’re almost always wrong. And our business is comedy and unabashed vitriol, not half-assed reportage. Alas, we have been sent a nugget that’s simply too juicy to pass up. But it involves a player that, frankly, I have become extremely fond of. As such, I have decided to couch this rumor in my preferred form of gossip… The Blind Item!

Which starting QB and carnal weapon of mass destruction was seen partying into the wee hours the night BEFORE the Super Bowl? An intrepid reader sends in this tip!

“I'm a regular reader of KSK and figured I'd pass this along. A (friend of a friend of mine) works security and was hired to work at the clubs this weekend. He said that (the horny bazooka) was out til 4 a.m. the night before the Super Bowl at a club called Rolex. He took some pictures but was forced to delete them. I was hoping to get the pictures but just found out this morning. I guess without the pictures it’s not much of a story, but thought you'd enjoy anyways. The guy said, right after that night, they made all the employees delete the pictures and if any pictures got out they'd all be fired.

After seeing how f'd up (the grenade launcher of love) was, he called to make sure we didn't bet on the Bears. Said he had been out Friday and Saturday night.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:47 pm 

Seems like a solid source. Too bad that every single person on earth was forced to delete pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:50 pm 

A friend of a friend of mine told me the reason Rex wears number 8 was because his nick name is "the snowman". Perhaps Rex was f'd up on coke. Just thought I'd pass that nugget along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle ..I just wanted to pass that one along as well . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Big Boy Rules now...

Had he won, he'd have been in the cat bird's seat entering a contract year.

Now he is most culpable for the Bears Super Bowl loss, seeing as they were only down by 5 in the 4th quarter - until numbnuts threw an INT for a TD, and then chased it with another INT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:08 pm 

Quote:
Big Boy Rules now...

Had he won, he'd have been in the cat bird's seat entering a contract year.

Now he is most culpable for the Bears Super Bowl loss, seeing as they were only down by 5 in the 4th quarter - until numbnuts threw an INT for a TD, and then chased it with another INT.

Agent Spin:

He's the 2nd quarterback EVER to lead the Bears to the superbowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm 

Your criticism, Wind Sock, is a valid one. Point taken.

My explanation is this: I never would want guys hanging out together, talking sports, and they discuss what some other show was jabbering about and one of them says "I didn't hear it... I was listening to MJH." The story likely was completely false - and we all said as much - but I wanted our audience to know it was out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I see no problem with it Mac, you gave the disclaimer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It did seem like a weird thing to talk about during the 3:02 - 3:15 segment though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
how did 'airplane!' not make that webpoll in KC? sure, its older than 25 years, but goddam its better than old school and tommy boy-- and i like both of those.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:01 pm 

I agree with Wind Sock that to arbitrarily throw out an internet story that obviously has many flaws is not right; disclaimer or not. However, what about a segment of the show that is strictly dedicated to internet rumors in the sports world. There are certainly enough websites out there(Deadspin, profootball talk, fox sports etc.). I think discussion on these rumors would be interesting and listeners would be more inclined to take these rumors with a grain of salt as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Mac"]Your criticism, Wind Sock, is a valid one. Point taken.

My explanation is this: I never would want guys hanging out together, talking sports, and they discuss what some other show was jabbering about and one of them says "I didn't hear it... I was listening to MJH." The story likely was completely false - and we all said as much - but I wanted our audience to know it was out there.
[/quote]

I just think your above that Dan and I was a little shocked that you would start the show off with a Web-site blog rumor about the starting QB of the Bears is out drinking until 4am on the night of the Superbowl . I've always pegged you as a guy who deals in facts and a guy who has insightful, professional opinions about sports and it just caught me off guard that you chose to go down the one -way street of dealing in internet gossip.

The fact you pound on Rex and publicly air the fact you have nothing but distain for the guy made it sound if you had an agenda by reporting this story.

Again, all I was saying is that I think your above that unless you do have an agenda and felt the need to call this to the city's attention .

For the record I'm not a Rex fan either but I let it go a few weeks after his comments after the Packer game .I don't think the guy is long for this city but I felt Dan had to be called out for what I thought was shotty journalism on Dan's part. Still a fan Dan .. ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:

Why do Bears fans continue to assert that Grossman led the Bears to the Superbowl? He did nothing of the sort. At best, he was the monkey driving the limo, although I'd say it's more accurate to call him the corpse riding in the trunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:13 pm 

In an effort to ensure fair and equal reporting, I happened to be at the Clevelander on South Beach the night before the Super Bowl and saw Lance Briggs and his posse stop by for about 20 minutes. Now this was only at 6:00 PM, but I was still surprised to see him and was able to take a picture. Jimmy Buffet performed there for a private party, but Lance was long gone before that ever began.

I also had a Jurko sighting at the same place much later in the evening (morning). That was almost as exciting as seeing Master P (Dancing With Stars) pick up this white skank at a bar called Mambo earlier in the evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

Why do Bears fans continue to assert that Grossman led the Bears to the Superbowl? He did nothing of the sort. At best, he was the monkey driving the limo, although I'd say it's more accurate to call him the corpse riding in the trunk.

I wouldn't say he was responsible, but he was part of the success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
The only problem I had with him reading it on air is that KSK is such a shitty blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
Why do Bears fans continue to assert that Grossman led the Bears to the Superbowl?

10 points for anyone who can tell me who's idea it was to have led-zeppelin spell thier name in this way so that americans wouldnt pronounce it at 'lead'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Frank Coztansa"]
Quote:
Why do Bears fans continue to assert that Grossman led the Bears to the Superbowl?

10 points for anyone who can tell me who's idea it was to have led-zeppelin spell thier name in this way so that americans wouldnt pronounce it at 'lead'
[/quote]

Out of your 1492 posts Frank, you would have thought by now you would have a made a contrabute to this board.

Well 1492 and still waiting . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

oh give me a little more credit than that. there's gotta be at least 15 or 20 linda s burns in that lot of posts :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Frank Coztansa"]oh give me a little more credit than that. there's gotta be at least 15 or 20 linda s burns in that lot of posts :p
[/quote]

Linda is a puppet Frank ... That's like making fun out of Howdy Doodie. I like you and would love to sit and have a beer with you but no , your the worst poster on this board. :P :P

Just funnin with ya ..Don't go and join the Army or anything .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:

Keith Moon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:17 pm 

Keith Moon predicted their band would go over "like a lead balloon"

Bassist and keyboardist John Entwistle thought it would be "more like a lead zeppelin."

Then Zep's fugly manager Peter Grant changed the spelling to "led" in order to avoid mispronunciation.