It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ted Cox's Nuggets
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

For whatever reason Ted Cox's 'side nuggets' did get thrown in with his article for a short while, but again, they're not appearing:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatw ... column=cox

There was a little ESPNRadio1000 nugget in today's column:

Sean Salisbury was late for the WMVP 1000-AM remote broadcast Monday morning from the Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place, and co-host Steve Rosenbloom promptly threw him under the bus, saying he didn't know where he was and calling the the ".... and Rosenbloom Show". They made nice when Salisbury showed up 15 minutes into the program. Contrary to rumors on the Chicago Sports Fan Message Board, WMVP afternoon hosts Dan McNeil, John Jurkovic and Harry Teinowitz were not forbidden to talk about the incident in Critics at X-Large segment Tuesday; they simply received no emails on the topic. Mac does admit station management has 'scolded' both shows for firing on each other in the past. "Usually, it's playful," he says, "at least on our part."

...and then Teddy goes on to talk about baseball, the Ford C Frickin Award, some Nascar and some kudos to some serial emailer.

I think MJH are smart to let Seany Cakes continue to shoot himself in the foot. But if nobody sent an email regarding Salisbury's lame ass excuse - they're not gonna bring it up and possibly get a 'chit' from the Chief Carrot Dangler and Jim Pastor. Like I mentioned before, a true professional would arrive at the site of his remote broadcast an hour prior to show time - so that day's show could be discussed beforehand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i heard that he was actually at mccormick place in plenty of time, but was seen in the lobby trying to lure girls into the bathroom with his cellphone..

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject: Re: Ted Cox's Nuggets
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:07 pm 

Pssh, you buried the lead, Grid:
Quote:
There was a little ESPNRadio1000 nugget in today's column:

Sean Salisbury was late for the WMVP 1000-AM remote broadcast Monday morning from the Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place, and co-host Steve Rosenbloom promptly threw him under the bus, saying he didn't know where he was and calling the the ".... and Rosenbloom Show". They made nice when Salisbury showed up 15 minutes into the program. Contrary to rumors on the Chicago Sports Fan Message Board, WMVP afternoon hosts Dan McNeil, John Jurkovic and Harry Teinowitz were not forbidden to talk about the incident in Critics at X-Large segment Tuesday; they simply received no emails on the topic. Mac does admit station management has 'scolded' both shows for firing on each other in the past. "Usually, it's playful," he says, "at least on our part."

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:08 pm 

Quote:
i heard that he was actually at mccormick place in plenty of time, but was seen in the lobby trying to lure girls into the bathroom with his cellphone..

"You doggone right that's actual size..."

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
We thought OakBrookJoe was taking care of this. DID YOU NOT SEND THAT EMAIL!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beating up on Sean is akin to criticizing Bill Clinton in 1999.

He's on his last legs... He's Spider from Goodfellas behind the bar, then in front of it then in a heap. He's Jack Dawson shivering cold as he lets go of Rose and sinks to his final resting place.

If ESPN1000 retains this guy beyond MLB's Opening Day, they're sending a clear message. They care more about 'branding' ESPN than actual local programming. As Paul Tagliabue used to say: Justin Craig and Jim Pastor... You're on the clock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:23 pm 

I sent the email in so that statement is false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:27 pm 

I feel important now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I was relieved when I clicked on "Cox nuggets" and there were no pictures.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:38 pm 

Quote:
Contrary to rumors on the Chicago Sports Fan Message Board, WMVP afternoon hosts Dan McNeil, John Jurkovic and Harry Teinowitz were not forbidden to talk about the incident in Critics at X-Large segment Tuesday; they simply received no emails on the topic

This really is the best way to kill off that crapfest.
Total listener apathy.

BigFan should eliminate that forum :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:20 pm 

My email to Ted Cox

Mr. Cox:

For the record, I did email the show with the same post that I placed on Chicago Sports Fan Message Board about Sean Salisbury's tardiness under the moniker OakBrookJoe. I am surprised that no one else contacted them about the issue, but I have no way of disputing it. As a long time Listener of MJH, I personally have noticed for the last few weeks Mac has somewhat avoided the Salisbury issue after one show in particular where he played a clock ticking and inferred it was Salisbury's career. My post that criticized MJH for not discussing the Salisbury issue during Critics was my humble attempt to save the "intregrity" of one of my favorite segments on radio. Listening to espn1000 has been a habit for me the last few years and S & R is ruining (in my opinion) what use to be far and away the best sports radio station in town.