It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubs Game thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
All those 2016 guys blow, even Schwarbomb.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
McCareins_Fan wrote:

His OPS+ has been consistently 130-150 since he left, unlike the other bums.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:40 pm 

McCareins_Fan wrote:

2016!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
hitting 15 points lower (.239 vs .254 with nearly 40 less HRs) than last year's 83-79 club. tells you how good the pitching has been and just how poor the hitting has been - especially at the friendly confines. nico with the 2nd worst slugging and least HRs at the 2nd base position in all of baseball.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nico is a trade candidate, even trading low on him. I am interested to see what Counsell thinks of Willy Adames and whether the Cubs go after him to play either 3B or 2B. They also need to promote their young AAA prospects to the bench

In retrospect the Bellinger contract was a mistake, but Hoyer would have been crucified if he didnt sign Bellinger and the offense was this inconsistent. Hopefully he will opt out since he will still be the best CF option this winter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:33 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nico is a trade candidate, even trading low on him. I am interested to see what Counsell thinks of Willy Adames and whether the Cubs go after him to play either 3B or 2B. They also need to promote their young AAA prospects to the bench

In retrospect the Bellinger contract was a mistake, but Hoyer would have been crucified if he didnt sign Bellinger and the offense was this inconsistent. Hopefully he will opt out since he will still be the best CF option this winter.

Adames is playing nowhere but short.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:06 pm 

i'd trade nico in a heartbeat. noticed his hitting deficiencies last season, he had a few defenders here. squeezes the fricking sawdust out of his bat, only to hit 2-hoppers to shortstop. when he concentrates on hitting to right, he does well and you think he has woken up, only to start rolling over ABs to shortstop again. enough of the weight-lifting guy with 5 HRs on the season.

as far as bellinger - i wanted him resigned. the power has been disappointing. i will say, his majorette getting ready to twirl her baton batting style with 2 strikes generates a lot of soft contact seeing-eye hits. i'm thinking the cubs resigned him to slug. more than few players have disappointed. some, in subtle ways, others, you can easily put your finger on their poor performance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hawg Ass wrote:

I think he ends up in Atlanta. The Braves let Swanson leave thinking that Grissom would be acceptable, and he wasn't. Arcia's flawed and Adames is an obvious upgrade.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:30 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I think he ends up in Atlanta. The Braves let Swanson leave thinking that Grissom would be acceptable, and he wasn't. Arcia's flawed and Adames is an obvious upgrade.

LA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

If you listen to the Score, you can just keep spending. There is no concept of a budget. If you don't spend like the Dodgers, you are cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Why would Bellinger opt out ? No one is going to pay him more for considerably less production than he had last year

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:

Why would Bellinger opt out ? No one is going to pay him more for considerably less production than he had last year

All he has to do is find someone to guarantee him more than 2/60 million. This is a shitty fa class outside of Soto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

All he has to do is find someone to guarantee him more than 2/60 million. This is a shitty fa class outside of Soto

Especially with Boras, I think it's likely they would try. Even if he gambles and loses, he'd still get a similar deal as to what's left in Chicago. Teams love to negotiate against themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Boras couldn't get any better than the decidedly average deal Bellinger already has right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Boras couldn't get any better than the decidedly average deal Bellinger already has right now.

We'll see...I'm just guessing that they will think they can at least get his current deal on the open market.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Market wasn't good last year. A couple pitchers and Ohtani. Cubs overpaid an average CFer for whatever reason.

MLB has money problems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Market wasn't good last year. A couple pitchers and Ohtani. Cubs overpaid an average CFer for whatever reason.

MLB has money problems.

Teams do bid against themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: I mean I know baseball GM’s are really fucking dumb but you guys think theyre going to give a guy who regressed significantly in every offensive category after getting 25 million this year and 27 million next year , MORE money ??? I think teams might finally be just a little gun shy these days to be the guy who signs the next Rendon, Bryant , Baez even to a fairly mimimal years / money deal .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: I mean I know baseball GM’s are really fucking dumb but you guys think theyre going to give a guy who regressed significantly in every offensive category after getting 25 million this year and 27 million next year , MORE money ??? I think teams might finally be just a little gun shy these days to be the guy who signs the next Rendon, Bryant , Baez even to a fairly mimimal years / money deal .

The Reinsdorf philosophy will become the new trend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:04 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The Reinsdorf philosophy will become the new trend.

Lose 140 games a year?

That is going to be a helluva league trend :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:56 pm 

all those roots of new hair atop dempster's formerly bald head are seeping into his brain.

ala bruce levine, with boog in agreement; dempster's excuse for the cubs poor hitting at wrigley in 2024 is ridiculous. as if, the clubs that came into wrigley and out-offensed the climate-change challenged cubs, didn't have to deal with the same weather.

talk about hockey, dude. the cubs play there 81 games a season, some players have played hundreds and hundreds of games there. as if, nico doesn't know the wind is blowing in from left field and by chance, unluckily pounds ground balls to the ss. trying to pull the ball against a gale force wind, with a player that has 200+ games at wrigley.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Cubs need to go 14-3 to pass Mets / Braves if they go .500.

Fun 8th inning comeback.

Dodgers hitting rockets off Nate Pearson throwing near 100.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:

Fun 8th inning comeback.

Not enough games left. They blew the season in May.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Easily a 5-6 fWAR player next year

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
And probably taking 5-6 inches in the old catcher’s mitt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
hootmon wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Fun 8th inning comeback.

Not enough games left. They blew the season in May.

Doable if they win tonight. I'm serious. Check the schedule. Even Philadelphia will be playing out the string.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wilbon on pti today said PCA & Dexter Fowler are the two best defensive Cub centerfielders he's ever seen. He may be right but some others that come to mind. Some for cups of coffee or late in careers. Definitely no j-hey kid.

Rick Monday, Bob Dernier, Lance Johnson, Lou Brock, Jim Edmonds, Willie Wilson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
2 tough losses. Rockies coming off a 4-5 road trip. You clobber the Dodgers all over the place, but you can't beat Colorado.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:10 pm 

Go A’s!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:17 pm 

Good season Cubs and thanks for the competition, I wish you all of the best in your preparations for next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next