It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jacque Jones
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:30 am 

According to the Detroit Free Press, the Tigers and Cubs are close to swapping Jacque Jones for Omar Infante.

An announcement is expected to come as soon as Monday. Jones is set to make $5.5 million in the final year of his contract and would likely play left field for the Tigers, giving them a left-handed bat and improving their defense.

Cub fans will be happy Jones in gone (though I don't know why) but I have no idea why Hendry is bringing in another utility infielder. I guess this means the Cubs will make a run at Fukudome to play RF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
What the hell are they going to do with Infante? So, you are trading a starting outfielder (I use that term loosely) for a utility infielder - I guess that makes sense :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:04 pm 

Dumb, unless they are just trying to unload his salary and Infante makes peanuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This sucks. I've been a fan and supporter of Jacque Jones since he became a Cub. This sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Murph must be bristling that his show is pre-empted today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Pointless deal. Another futility infielder for Jim Hendry to salivate over.

"Futility infielder." How Murph of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:58 pm 

Cubs acquire infielder Omar Infante from Detroit for outfielder Jacque Jones and cash consideration
MLB.com

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs today acquired right-handed hitting infielder Omar Infante from the Detroit Tigers for outfielder Jacque Jones and a cash consideration.
Infante, 25, batted .271 (45-for-166) with two home runs and 17 RBI in 66 games with Detroit last season. Versatile in the field, Infante played six positions last season, most often at second base (20 games). He also appeared at shortstop (14 games), third base (nine), center field (12), right field (six) and left field (one).

The Venezuela native hit .281 (18-for-64) off left-handed pitching and posted a .413 batting average (19-for-46) with runners in scoring position in 2007. Infante batted .309 (25-for-81) with a .341 on-base percentage in 32 games in May and June.

A member of the 2006 American League pennant winners, Infante has spent part of the last six seasons with the Tigers after the club signed him as a non-drafted free agent in April of 1999. He owns a .253 career batting average (403-for-1,592) with 81 doubles, 17 triples, 32 home runs and 154 RBI in 494 contests with Detroit.

In 2004, his first full season with the Tigers, Infante set career marks with 142 games played, 69 runs, 133 hits and 16 home runs while his career-best nine triples ranked fourth in the American League. That marked the second of three seasons in which Infante was managed by current Cubs bench coach Alan Trammell (2003-2005).

Jones, 32, batted .285 (281-for-986) with 32 home runs and 147 RBI in 284 games for the Cubs after he signed with the team as a major league free agent in January of 2006. Last season, Jones batted .285 (129-for-453) with five home runs and 66 RBI in 135 contests.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
why didnt they try and get Niefi back?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
why didnt they try and get Niefi back?

They're after Royce Clayton instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm 

Great!
Next move looks to be Ronnie Cedeno to the Southside for Pablo Ozuna.
What they hell is going on up there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
You know that Nefi is going to the Reds to play with Dusty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I think they just wanted to get rid of Jones. They really don't need another infielder, when they have TheRiot, Fontenot, Lee, Ward, Ramirez, and DeRosa.

Maybe they will use Infante in a trade with Colorado to get MattSuey, so that Fukudome fellow can have someone to talk to in "Nihongo" when they sign him to play right. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:46 pm 

My Dear Mentally Handicapped Cub Fan Friends,
I read countless arguments that you bozos wrote arguing for the outright dismissal or trade of Jones. Now he has been traded and you homos are crying over him like he was Jack Twist.
Listen, boys. You hated his arm, his, poor starts, his high fastball wiff potential. You hated his attitude. You hated his defense. You hated that he would never hit a cutoff. You wished him traded, fired, demoted or released. This is the problem with you idiots. You do not have the slightest clue what you want.
And you, Ryno's Wife, thank you for posting an article that was a good 6 hours old. Great work there Woodward. How did you manage to break that story? Add something worth reading, do not just spew garbage we read hours ago.
Your Dear Friend,
Evil J.A.C.K.

All blistered and burnt, can't hide my disgrace.
Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Evil J.A.C.K. wrote:
I read countless arguments that you bozos wrote arguing for the outright dismissal or trade of Jones. Now he has been traded and you homos are crying over him like he was Jack Twist.
Listen, boys. You hated his arm, his, poor starts, his high fastball wiff potential. You hated his attitude. You hated his defense. You hated that he would never hit a cutoff. You wished him traded, fired, demoted or released. This is the problem with you idiots. You do not have the slightest clue what you want.
And you, Ryno's Wife, thank you for posting an article that was a good 6 hours old. Great work there Woodward. How did you manage to break that story? Add something worth reading, do not just spew garbage we read hours ago.
Your Dear Friend,
Evil J.A.C.K.

Dear Evil J.A.C.Q.U.E.,

I know who you are. You do not need to disguise it anymore. Enjoy your time with the Tigers. I always thought you got a bad rap here.

Sincerely,
Your bleacher buddy Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Evil J.A.C.K. wrote:
Your Dear Friend,
Evil J.A.C.K.

Dear Evil J.A.C.Q.U.E.,

I know who you are. You do not need to disguise it anymore. Enjoy your time with the Tigers. I always thought you got a bad rap here.

Sincerely,
Your bleacher buddy Ken

My Dear Internet Friend Kent,
You are the thrower of the ball, weren't you?
Your Dear Friend,
Evil.

Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I never liked Jacks Jones too much myself. Many of you may remember my "Jacque Jones Will Lead The Cubs to the Soup Line" signature. Well, he's the Tigers problem now, and I will probably not miss him too much. So long Jaqueie, I'll be missing your 45 foot throws from the outfield.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:42 pm 

Evil J.A.C.K. wrote:
And you, Ryno's Wife, thank you for posting an article that was a good 6 hours old. Great work there Woodward.[/b] [/b] How did you manage to break that story?

I finally post something sports related and you get snippy with me?

Bite me. No, really...bite me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 pm 

At least they didnt trade his ass to the Braves. If the guy is going to hit 5 hr's, he isnt worth it and whatever they got for a guy who sucks in the field, stikesouts to much and has no arm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
A) I am happy he is gone. He had a great run of about 30 games, that was it in 2 years.

B) His defense was terrible. He made some really routine plays seem great because he was turned the wrong way or broke wrong on the ball, thus needed to dive to catch the ball. His range was terrible. His Arm was pathetic.

C.) We will wait to see what happnes but the absence of Cliff and Jaque is $12 M saved, which now we hope to be put towards a much better CF.

D) If they pull a Kenny move and just did this to save money, then they can be jag abgged, crapped, Douchebagged, Tooled and everything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:06 am 

bigfan wrote:
D) If they pull a Kenny move and just did this to save money, then they can be jag abgged, crapped, Douchebagged, Tooled and everything else.

Welcome back, Kenny Lofton!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:28 pm 

Ryno's Wife wrote:
Evil J.A.C.K. wrote:
And you, Ryno's Wife, thank you for posting an article that was a good 6 hours old. Great work there Woodward.[/b] [/b] How did you manage to break that story?

I finally post something sports related and you get snippy with me?

Bite me. No, really...bite me.

My Dear Internet Friend Rhino,
Finally posted something sports related, however, you managed to "break" a story that was already several hours old. Hey, any idea who won Super Bowl XXX? Perhaps you could start a thread about that. Oh, did you hear that Jim Hendry traded Michael Barrett? Maybe it is a good time for you to post the whole goddamn article about that (rather than a simple link, or better a small qoute of the pertinant information).
As far as biting you goes, while I am kinky, I am not a biter.
Your Dear Internet Critic,
Evil J.A.C.K.

Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
You hated his arm, his, poor starts, his high fastball wiff potential. You hated his attitude. You hated his defense. You hated that he would never hit a cutoff. You wished him traded, fired, demoted or released. This is the problem with you idiots. You do not have the slightest clue what you want.

Jack, you don't know what you're talking about. I've never said I did not want Jacque Jones here. Search my name and Jacque Jones and I've defended him a couple times over the past year and a half. Nice try jackass. Don't blindly group people together without knowing the facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Jack, you don't know what you're talking about. I've never said I did not want Jacque Jones here. Search my name and Jacque Jones and I've defended him a couple times over the past year and a half. Nice try jackass. Don't blindly group people together without knowing the facts.

My Dear Friend LIttle Woodridge Whippersnapper,
I did not address you. I could not have possible addressed each and every opinion stated here over the last six months. Listen, you egocentric little bastard, not everything here is about you. When I want your attention I will put your name in my post.
Fact of the matter is that few of you (not including Wordwidge Wryan) liked Jock Jones. You spewed your venon at him in the ether, and on the radio. You (not including Woodyryan) threw racial insults and baseballs at him.
And, given all this, I could care less if you did not like him, however, do not cry over him now. He can hit his 6 home runs somewhere else in peace.
Your Dear Friend,
Evil

Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thank you Jack. Now back to more pointless matters that you will tend to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I don't think I ever liked Jones. But, he did have about 45 good games here, so you know, he's about as good as any other Cub lately.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 pm 

kile32 wrote:
You know that Nefi is going to the Reds to play with Dusty.

Nefi is to druggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Well ... that didn't last long. Omar, we hardly knew ya. Adios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Braves get Ohman, Infante from Cubs

The Braves, filling their need for a left-handed reliever, have acquired Will Ohman and infielder Omar Infante from the Cubs for Class AA reliever Jose Ascanio, according to major-league sources.

The deal, first reported by ESPN Radio in Chicago, creates payroll flexibility for the Cubs for other pursuits. Ohman is under contract for $1.6 million next season while Infante is projected to receive about $1.5 million in arbitration.
The Braves, bracing for the loss of Ron Mahay as a free agent, entered the meetings intent on acquiring a left-handed reliever. Infante presumably will fill a utility role similar to what he did in the past for the Tigers.

Ohman went 2-4 with a 4.95 ERA in 56 games last season, but was expendable because the Cubs are deeper than most clubs in lefty relievers. Infate, acquired in the Jacque Jones trade earlier this off-season, batted .271 in 66 games with the Tigers.

The Braves are awaiting the recovery of left-hander Mike Gonzalez from elbow-ligament transplant surgery; Ohman would become their No. 2 lefty reliever after Gonzalez returns. The team has offered Mahay arbitration, but evidently believes that he will sign a multi-year deal with another club. Infante represents an upgrade over Chris Woodward, who is a free agent.

Ascanio, 22, was 2-2 with a 2.54 ERA and 10 saves at Class AA Mississippi last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:21 pm 

It's a nice move for the Cubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:58 pm 

Dumping Uh-Ohman is addition by subtraction but I think the Cubs need to get another veteran reliever to take the pressure off Hart/Wuertz when Kerry Wood gets hurt.