It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
So now they’re not going to sign any big money FAs to go along with that #1 pick?!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Bagels wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

pretty bold to dump all those scouts with the #1 pick coming up

Pro scouts dont handle the draft buddy...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:58 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
So now they’re not going to sign any big money FAs to go along with that #1 pick?!

I hope they just read the mock drafts on who to pick at #1 though it's strange those mock drafts don't have the White Sox picking at #1 overall.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:00 pm 

I hope their scouts told them to sign Juan Soto before they were fired. Otherwise they might not sign Juan Soto.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:01 am 

Brick wrote:

I hope they just read the mock drafts on who to pick at #1 though it's strange those mock drafts don't have the White Sox picking at #1 overall.

Maybe they can do a whose your guy segment and take the consensus pick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Barfield, the assistant GM, was interviewed by Stone/Schriffen during a recent Sox game and he did say they have to address the offense.

I'm assuming their version of addressing the offense will be bringing up Quero and Montgomery in May of next season and adding a few more fringe players like Lopez/Fletcher to 1 year type deals as opposed to actually spending money and/or trading for players who can help the team right away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I hope their scouts told them to sign Juan Soto before they were fired. Otherwise they might not sign Juan Soto.

They probably mentioned it to Jerry and he had a good laugh then got mad and fired them.

Though I’d fire the guys that said they should sign Bentendi to the biggest contract in team history.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
KDdidit wrote:

They probably mentioned it to Jerry and he had a good laugh then got mad and fired them.

Though I’d fire the guys that said they should sign Bentendi to the biggest contract in team history.

They're world famous for signing guys who are cooked. There was one time where throwing a little money here, and throwing a little money there, trade for this dude who might quite not be cooked, trade for that guy who might quite not be cooked. Once in 45 years. They started it off with Fisk and the plan had never changed until the total rebuild. I was excited. It crashed and burned. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do, they just didn't have the right infrastructure and they still don't. If JR was committed, he'd go out and get Theo or Billy Beane and give them a chunk of ownership. I'm pretty sure he doesn't realize how much he's driven the franchise into the grave over the length of his ownership. The White Sox in this town have gradually become an afterthought. It's like watching Trump Media's stock price. People are done getting grifted. Fuck it, I can become a Cub fan, many have obviously.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:01 pm 

About to spin the White Sox prize wheel at the Taste. The excitement for the White Sox is palpable. 30 people in line.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:04 pm 

Hoping I don't win free tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Crochet's era inching up towards 4.

AJ made the point why start him with such a small pitch count. He refuses to go to the bullpen.

The most fun bad team in Chicago sports history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Crochet's era inching up towards 4.

AJ made the point why start him with such a small pitch count. He refuses to go to the bullpen.

The most fun bad team in Chicago sports history.

I think he has an ERA over 6 since the all-star break.

On Saturday, I don't think he got over 97, but could be wrong.

Crochet seems to be pushing this to get to the end of the season and say he pitched the whole season, but to have a pitch count of 55 or less now is really reaching a point of (or probably well past the point) stupidity. Just finish the season healthy, teams will want him and the Sox will probably get a team's #8 and #13 prospect in return. Maybe more left handed future starters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:34 pm 

"I think if you would have told me we were going to end up flirting with the record I would have been a little surprised," Getz said on Monday afternoon. "Now if you would have told me prior to the year that we would have ended up with over 100 losses, 105, 110, I wouldn't have been as surprised. But this is the cards that we've been dealt at this point. You try to make the best of it, and I think it's an opportunity to embrace the situation that we're in."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
conns7901 wrote:
"I think if you would have told me we were going to end up flirting with the record I would have been a little surprised," Getz said on Monday afternoon. "Now if you would have told me prior to the year that we would have ended up with over 100 losses, 105, 110, I wouldn't have been as surprised. But this is the cards that we've been dealt at this point. You try to make the best of it, and I think it's an opportunity to embrace the situation that we're in."

The cards we're dealt? He's the dealer!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:39 pm 

Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

The cards were dealt? He's the dealer!

I think it’s fair to give him a shot to at least develop the system a bit before passing judgement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:41 pm 

Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I think it’s fair to give him a shot to at least develop the system a bit before passing judgement.

Ok.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:46 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Ok.

At least make a director of player development joke. C’mon, what are the 2024 Sox to the bored if not a collection of bits?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It would be fair except for the fact that he's been the developer for quite a while. Now you could say he's been handcuffed and it seems that's what he was snitching about last year to old man Potter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:50 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Ok.

At least make a director of player development joke. C’mon, what are the 2024 Sox to the bored if not a collection of bits?

Fair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I don't like the trades he's made and he assembled (and at least played a part in) the development of many of the players that made up the worst team in the history of baseball. There's absolutely no reason to keep him. Bring someone in from the outside and let them do what they want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:51 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
I don't like the trades he's made and he assembled (and at least played a part in) the development of many of the players that made up the worst team in the history of baseball. There's absolutely no reason to keep him. Bring someone in from the outside and let them do what they want.

Getz only has the job because Jerry is doing Baseball Aristocrats.

This is not a serious professional baseball team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:01 am 

Warren Newson wrote:

Getz only has the job because Jerry is doing Baseball Aristocrats.

This is not a serious professional baseball team.

The last 2 seasons have finally pushed me over to full Sox cynic. Until Jerry dies, it's all 'deck chairs on the Titanic'.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Darkside wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Let's wait and see what he does with the #1 pick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:41 am 

A franchise record 13th consecutive home loss.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
first white sox game i've watched in a while. a board softball game would have better attendance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVBC-tJpFs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:

Given that he is partly responsible for the talent in the minor leagues and directly responsible for the current MLB roster, you would think that putting together the worst team in MLB history would be an automatic firing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm 

The White Sox only have an amazing 8 triples. There are 5 players in MLB who have 8 or more triples by themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
17th shutout. What’s crazy is that’s not even the franchise record…they were shut out 21 times in 1976 even though that team only lost 97 games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:19 pm 

'24 White Sox .278 team obp. '65 Mets .277.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:45 pm 

Welp…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next