It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Got around the paywall, sorry for not staying out of White Sox business: https://archive.ph/aBmjH

Quote:
The White Sox charter an Airbus320, a plane first manufactured in the 1980s. It features only eight first-class seats; the rest is coach. A majority of MLB teams charter bigger 757s, with ample first-class seating for the players and the coaching staff. Even well-known frugal franchises such as the Tampa Bay Rays, Colorado Rockies and Miami Marlins charter nicer planes. But not the White Sox.

When a player new to Chicago first stepped onboard this season, he said loudly: “C’mon, man, no show plane?” A chorus of players burst into laughter. Last year, a tweet comparing the planes used by MLB teams caused a stir when it was shared among White Sox players while they were onboard.

A team plane doesn’t make errors or poor baseball decisions. But the White Sox’s decision to use a smaller, older plane reflects how they operate. The difference between the White Sox and other clubs is so stark, players who leave Chicago for other teams celebrate their freedom by texting each other “This is the big leagues.”
“They don’t do the little or the big things right,” said a recently departed veteran.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I’m probably truly alone at this point as a White Sox fan who approves of Reinsdorf and the way the team is run. I actually like that the Sox have real local roots and try to zig while others zag. I liked the Tony LaRussa hire and still do. I do not think more focus on analytics does anything to change their fortunes.

What went wrong? They botched the rebuild. They didn’t get the right players and could only sustain success for one year. It was a missed execution of one of the most bold teardowns any team has attempted in living memory. A couple added things went wrong and its made for what will probably be the worst season in history. Oh well.

There are some really good arms in this organization. I’m very glad they didn’t deal Garrett Crochet, but I’m dismayed they sold Fedde so cheap. There’s a path to respectability next year and with some shrewd acquisitions it can turn around fast. They have the talent in terms of arms. It seems crazy to say about a team that is almost certain to break the loss record, but people are overreacting.