It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
I could plan a robbery without leaving my home.
Am I the only one having problems with this site? Every thread has a new message.

I have a big problem with it too. There is no privacy any more.

It's not much different than someone walking around someone's yard and casing the joint. The difference is if someone were casing my house by walking around my yard, I'd go out and ask them what they were doing and take down their license numbers. And my dogs would eat them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
How accurate were your addresses in relation to your actual house? My address popped up as being about a block away from my house...

While I agree about the privacy concern, what actual harm is going to come from a 1 year old pic of your house online? Just Google your name. I'm sure more detailed and useful info will pop up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
One can almost make out my license plate on my car parked in front of my place with this shit.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I got a street view of Tony's Italian Deli and was able to catch a glimpse of Jen-Jen blowing Pappy behind a dumpster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
There's nothing on that webpage that you're not displaying to the public every day anyhow. So, there's no invasion of privacy. This ain't real time.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:44 pm 

Nas, you're being paranoid. Anyone who would manage to look up your address on google knew it and easily could have driven by or paid some crackhead to ride by and take a couple pictures.
There is nothing on this webpage that you don't display openly, to the public, each and every single day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
I can see the public if they are looking. I know what cars belong on my block and the ones that don't. I know what my neighbors and their frequent visitors look like. No one is selling a home in my neighborhood so any new faces camping out would be a red flag.

Again, paranoid. dude hundreds of cars go by your house every day that you don't see, maybe you were typing here, maybe you were takin a crap, either way, they were in your neighborhood, drove by and conceiveably could have caprtured images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
I know. Having kids makes you this way. I wouldn't want my kids in any of these pictures or Lady Nas. There are a lot of people that will use this tool the wrong way. There's no question about it.
I totally understand that. But you should be much more worried about the creeps who live and hunt in your neighborhood as they're much more likely to cause trouble than any fall out from google images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Tall Midget wrote:
I got a street view of Tony's Italian Deli and was able to catch a glimpse of Jen-Jen blowing Pappy behind a dumpster.

Best post ever! Your one-liners are vastly underrated. As far as I'm concerned you're right in the same ballpark as Dr. What's His Name.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Warning: Google Is In Your Driveway!

From The Smoking Gun:

-----------

For Pittsburgh homeowners, online giant crossed the (property) line

APRIL 7--Faced with a lawsuit by a Pittsburgh couple who claims that their privacy was invaded by Google's "Street View" mapping technology, the search giant has removed images of the family's home from its servers. Several photos of the Oakridge Lane home of Aaron and Christine Boring have been yanked from Google Maps and replaced with a black image, as seen below. But while photos of the Boring property have been scrubbed, a more intrusive series of photos of a neighboring home remain on Google (and can be found here: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... ogle2.html). The home of Janet and George McKee is the only property on Goldenbrook Lane, a narrow, gravel path off Oakleaf Lane, a two-way street. The McKee residence is at the end of Goldenbrook Lane, which the family was able to name at the time their home was built in 1993. As the "Street View" images show, a Google vehicle--outfitted with a roof-mounted camera taking 360-degree images--drove down the gravel path and onto the paved driveway leading to the McKee home. The Google car continued past the steps leading to the McKees's front door and came to a stop outside the house's three-car garage (and next to the family's trampoline and portable basketball rim). Taking photos all the time, the Google vehicle was squarely on private property, a fact that presumably should have been apparent when the gravel path became paved. Janet McKee, who was unaware of the "Street View" images until contacted by TSG, said that it was "a little bit creepy to think of someone filming our home without me knowing about it." She said that the property line began with the paved driveway. A photo of the McKee property can be found on Allegheny County's Office of Property Assessments web site, but that image was snapped from a distance--not from the family's backyard, as was Google's preference.