It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

First 3 Bostons are great.

CONCORD, N.H. - Brad Delp’s fiancee found the rock singer dead at their Atkinson home after calling three times without getting through, police said Monday.
Delp, 55, lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday. His death isn’t considered suspicious, but authorities said the state medical examiner’s office is investigating.
His fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, stayed out with friends Thursday night but called home Friday morning, Atkinson police Lt. William Baldwin said Monday.
”She had last heard from him the night before ... because she stayed out after work with some colleagues,” Baldwin said. ”She tried that morning three times to get a hold of him, and could not, so she went home and found (him).”
No autopsy is planned, but toxicology tests are being performed, said Kim Fallon, an investigator for the medical examiner’s office.
Baldwin said police hope to finish their investigation and get the toxicology results by the end of the week.
On Monday, there were flowers left at the mailbox and on the front steps of Delp’s home.
A private funeral service will be held followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later, according to a statement from family and friends. Donations can be made in Delp’s memory to the American Heart Association in Framingham
Delp, a native of Danvers, joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang on two of the band’s biggest hits, ”More Than a Feeling” and ”Long Time.”
He had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a tour with Boston. Delp, a lifelong Beatles fan, also played with tribute band Beatle Juice.
Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson. James Halchak, 21, who organized the benefit, had dinner with Delp before the show and said he and others were amazed at how easy it was to approach him.
”We thought he was going to be a stereotypical rock-star guy, but he was so nice and down to earth,” said Halchak. ”He was one of the nicest guys I ever met.”
2007 Associated Press.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

PLAN AHEAD. He sure did. 2 GAS GRILLS + CAR EXHAUST IN BATHROOM!

ATKINSON, N.H. -- Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston who killed himself last week, left behind a note in which he called himself ''a lonely soul,'' according to police reports released Thursday.
The note was paper-clipped to the neck of Delp's shirt when police found his body at his Atkinson home, on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. He had sealed himself inside with two charcoal grills; toxicology tests showed he had committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

''J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul,'' the note read.

Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, ''More than a Feeling'' and ''Long Time.'' He was cremated Wednesday, after a private funeral earlier in the week.
His fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, called police March 9 after noticing a dryer vent tube connected to the exhaust pipe of Delp's car. In the garage, police found a note taped to the door leading into the house.

''To whoever finds this I have hopefully committed suicide," it said. "Plan B was to asphyxiate myself in my car.''

In another note on a door at the top of the stairs, Delp cautioned that there was carbon monoxide inside.

''I have lost my desire to live,'' he wrote. The note also included instructions on how to contact his fiancee: ''Unfortunately she is totally unaware of what I have done.''
AP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Considerate of him to caution the authorities about the carbon monoxide.

I do believe his note should have read "To whomever..." though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:37 pm 

WHO????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm 

Too bad there is no Dead Pool 2007- he would have been my #1 pick