It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your Sports Memorabilia?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Pictures would help as I plan to semi memoralize them as well, and the owners of the stuff, and I have some cool stuff but it is in storage. However, could produce the old school Bears helmet, some soldier field old turf, MJ Backboard, MJ RC pepsi can from UNC, Pippen and MJ signed ball, 8 Kenny Lofton signed balls (lol), 1922 Spalding Basketball, James Big Cat Banner from Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I have an autographed Willie Mays baseball

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Haven't looked at my stuff for quite some time but a few things I have include:

Ted Williams autographed baseball
Brian Urlacher signed football
Muhummad Ali signed print w/The Beatles
1956 Ernie Banks baseball card
Ernie Banks signed Cubs folding chair
Michael Jordan signed Bulls baseball cap
1983 Fighting Illini football team ( entire team autographed my autograph book )
Kenny Battle autograph
Bonnie Blair autograph

All collecting a lot of dust in the basement

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I have a Walter Payton autograph card and a Ditka autographed photo as well as a couple of McNabbs.

Autographed Joe Montana Chiefs mini helmet as well as Marcus Robinson mini Bears helmet. :idea: I wonder if spmack has one.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
Harold and Frank come to mind.

Frank doesn't have a statue yet, but I'm sure you're not suggesting he doesn't deserve one, are you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Okay, here's a good sports memorabilia story. I think Hawkeye Vince and Walt Williams will appreciate it more than most but it's still funny even if you've never heard of most of the guys involved.

This was some time from 1999-2001. We were stabled on the back stretch at Maywood Park for the summer. I was with Brian Pinske. Tom Harmer and Roger Welch were stabled there too.

Welch and Harmer had both trained horses for George Steinbrenner. I think Roger is a big Cub fan but I think he also liked the Yankees too. Maybe because of his association George or maybe just because he wanted to back a winner for once. Harmer is a notable collector of baseball cards and memorabilia. I believe he sold a huge collection to Mr. Mint. It may even be called "The Harmer Collection".

So one morning Roger Welch walks into our barn and starts talking about how he's going to this auction and that Steinbrenner has donated a Yankees jacket signed by the 1998 team and how he's going to buy it no matter what it costs. He leaves and a little while later Tommy Harmer comes by and says he's going to the same auction. Pinske asks him about the jacket and how much he thinks it will take to buy it. Harmer says $3500 should get it done. So Pinske tells him to buy the jacket as long as it doesn't go for more than $5000 and not to let Roger know he bought it.

The next morning Harmer shows up at our barn with the jacket. After a while Welch stops by and Pinske asks him if he bought the jacket. Welch is all glum and says that someone outbid him. "Oh, that's too bad." And everybody goes back to work training and jogging their horses. We're done training our sets and there are still a few left to jog and Welch is out on the track jogging his. It's a hot August day and it's about 95 degrees already even though it's only 10:00 in the morning. So Pinske has one of his second trainers, a Guatemalan guy named Armando, put on the jacket and tells him to make sure he rolls up next to Welch. Armando pulls his horse alongside Welch and says "Hi Roger!" and he's wearing the autographed Yankees jacket in the 95 degree heat. Welch screamed, "Fuckin" Pinske!!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I've got some game used bats. I have 2 Mark Texiera bats from when he was with the rangers, an Ed Sprague bat and a Gabe Kapler bat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Douchebag wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
an Ed Sprague bat and a Gabe Kapler bat.

I really hope you didn't spend any money on these.

Hell no, I took them out of the garbage after they broke them in spring training.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I have some stuff...
I think my favorite is the WS Game II ticket stub.
Super Bowl XX game used football signed by Morrissey, Mongo, and Otis.
Personalized football by Jim Kelly.
Pic of me and Ditka in the summer of 85.
I have the lead paint Urlacher bobblehead from McDonalds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I have the lead paint Urlacher bobblehead from McDonalds.

I have that too! I also have the 2nd one - the "racially insensitive" Anthony Thomas. :lol:

Supposedly that was the reason for the recall, not the lead paint. I'll go home and eat some of the paint and let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
I paid to have Pete Rose sign the back of a Reds betting slip. He did not see the front.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm 

Forgot one-
Autographed Jeremiah Trotter football with Eagles logo given to me from DaMaNa. 8)

Yes, we've exchanged various gifts from time to time. Mine to him was a Nazareth DVD. I think I got the better end of the deal. :wink: Slappa da bass...slappa da bass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Buddy of mine was at a 'Chair Auction", the give celebs chairs, the celebs paint them and sign them.

My buddy is kinda drunk and is hitting on the girl running the auction, so he buys the Gregory peck chari for $500, trying to show off a bit.

Later, one of the major items is a long table, 14 feet, made out of Hardwood from the 1992 NCAA Final Four signed by almost every player who was in it, also some NBA guys Jordan, Barkley, Salley, etc.

Well, the guy that won it, negged on his bid and didn't want it.

My Buddy, being Mr Cool calls me and tells me about this thing and it went for $5000, they will let it go for $4000 and I can stop by Uncle Fun's on Belmont to see it tomorrow, so I say OK, I would love to see it.

I stop in to Uncle Funs to see the table and it is in a guys van, with the legs off and 3 big parts on top of each other and it was a kinda cool thing, but wasnt dropping $4000 for that thing.

The guy says, OK do you have a truck to put the table in?

I respond, 'I don't want it"

Of which then, he freaks out, calls the director of some charity, who starts to bitch me out telling me I bought the table and that is a breach of contract? and she is going to sue me????

End of the day, I hung up on here, the guy from Uncle fun was pissed and I called my buddy and he said "Well I might have said you were buying it.....but I am not sure." lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 am 

Ever see Ron Kittle's chairs that he makes? Pretty cool stuff. All decked out with White Sox stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Ever see Ron Kittle's chairs that he makes? Pretty cool stuff. All decked out with White Sox stuff.

Didn't Kittle make that humidor that Guillen presented to Bobby Cox?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Didn't Kittle make that humidor that Guillen presented to Bobby Cox?

Did that too.

http://www.ronkittle.com/southSide.html There is his bench

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Okay, here's a good sports memorabilia story. I think Hawkeye Vince and Walt Williams will appreciate it more than most but it's still funny even if you've never heard of most of the guys involved.

This was some time from 1999-2001. We were stabled on the back stretch at Maywood Park for the summer. I was with Brian Pinske. Tom Harmer and Roger Welch were stabled there too.

Welch and Harmer had both trained horses for George Steinbrenner. I think Roger is a big Cub fan but I think he also liked the Yankees too. Maybe because of his association George or maybe just because he wanted to back a winner for once. Harmer is a notable collector of baseball cards and memorabilia. I believe he sold a huge collection to Mr. Mint. It may even be called "The Harmer Collection".

So one morning Roger Welch walks into our barn and starts talking about how he's going to this auction and that Steinbrenner has donated a Yankees jacket signed by the 1998 team and how he's going to buy it no matter what it costs. He leaves and a little while later Tommy Harmer comes by and says he's going to the same auction. Pinske asks him about the jacket and how much he thinks it will take to buy it. Harmer says $3500 should get it done. So Pinske tells him to buy the jacket as long as it doesn't go for more than $5000 and not to let Roger know he bought it.

The next morning Harmer shows up at our barn with the jacket. After a while Welch stops by and Pinske asks him if he bought the jacket. Welch is all glum and says that someone outbid him. "Oh, that's too bad." And everybody goes back to work training and jogging their horses. We're done training our sets and there are still a few left to jog and Welch is out on the track jogging his. It's a hot August day and it's about 95 degrees already even though it's only 10:00 in the morning. So Pinske has one of his second trainers, a Guatemalan guy named Armando, put on the jacket and tells him to make sure he rolls up next to Welch. Armando pulls his horse alongside Welch and says "Hi Roger!" and he's wearing the autographed Yankees jacket in the 95 degree heat. Welch screamed, "Fuckin" Pinske!!!!!!!"

Guess you had to be there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 am 

bigfan wrote:
Buddy of mine was at a 'Chair Auction", the give celebs chairs, the celebs paint them and sign them.

My buddy is kinda drunk and is hitting on the girl running the auction, so he buys the Gregory peck chari for $500, trying to show off a bit.

Later, one of the major items is a long table, 14 feet, made out of Hardwood from the 1992 NCAA Final Four signed by almost every player who was in it, also some NBA guys Jordan, Barkley, Salley, etc.

Well, the guy that won it, negged on his bid and didn't want it.

My Buddy, being Mr Cool calls me and tells me about this thing and it went for $5000, they will let it go for $4000 and I can stop by Uncle Fun's on Belmont to see it tomorrow, so I say OK, I would love to see it.

I stop in to Uncle Funs to see the table and it is in a guys van, with the legs off and 3 big parts on top of each other and it was a kinda cool thing, but wasnt dropping $4000 for that thing.

The guy says, OK do you have a truck to put the table in?

I respond, 'I don't want it"

Of which then, he freaks out, calls the director of some charity, who starts to bitch me out telling me I bought the table and that is a breach of contract? and she is going to sue me????

End of the day, I hung up on here, the guy from Uncle fun was pissed and I called my buddy and he said "Well I might have said you were buying it.....but I am not sure." lol

Guess you had to be there II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:40 am 

I have a baseball signed by Carlton Fisk and Ron Kittle.

And an autographed Thurman Thomas fathead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
And an autographed Thurman Munson splat-head

fixed so its a lot cooler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I have a baseball signed by Carlton Fisk and Ron Kittle.

And an autographed Thurman Thomas fathead

Guess you had to be there III.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Quote:
Lovecruise was awesome!

Guess you had to be there III.

Fixed so its a lot cooler.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Here's Glenn Beckert's helmet from '69-'70 that I sold to buy my Game 1 World Series ticket to watch the Sox pound Houston.
Attachment:
Batting_Helmet.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
autographed Probert Jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 pm 

I've got an autographed 1:24 diecast NASCAR Truck: Red Bull #22 Scott Speed.

The bidding starts at $150.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
I have quite a bit of stuff from my 6 years of working Gate 3.5 at the old stadium. Jordan game worn autographed jersey and a Walter Payton auto football in which he also signed "sweetness" on are 2 of my favs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I've got a full-size blue "White Sox 75 years in the American League" bat, my ticked stub from Disco Demolition, and a signed Barry Foote picture.