It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recovery Fund
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Per my posts on page 364 in the complain about thread...

My brother in law, Jerry, has set up a recovery fund for his mother's medical expenses.

https://www.causes.com/causes/786826-ma ... paign=home

If any of you can donate, we would all certainly appreciate it.
:)

Post subject: Re: Recovery Fund
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

Donation sent. I went through a situation myself 20 years ago and while not nearly as bad understand the struggles of recovery and wish her the best. Please keep us posted on her recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks Steph.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/19015812/hundreds-show-up-to-benefit-picnic-held-for-attacked-victim?clienttype=printable

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -

"I still can't believe that this has happened, but you just make the best of it and you just try to move forward,"said Jerry Hendricks, Mary Tope's son.

He's talking about the brutal attack on his mother that left her fighting for her life.

The same attack that killed her boyfriend Jeffery Moravek.

Tope is still hospitalized after the attack in her Sioux City home on June 13th.

Police say the her daughter's ex-boyfriend James Kroll, struck Tope in the head with a crowbar.

While family members say they've seen "significant progress," they're still "cautiously optimistic" about her recovery.

Hundreds showed up at an event on Thursday designed to help her heal.

The support of hundreds for a woman in the fight of her life. Known to many as a friend and co-worker, Mary Tope is also a mom.

"Two weeks before the incident, she was in Chicago for my son's second birthday, and just seeing her there, and seeing how happy she was and seeing how excited she was to be a part of Isaac's life. It was a great trip, and I just can't believe something like this would happen so quickly right now," said Jerry Hendricks, Mary's Oldest Son.

The night of June 13th, Mary Tope was brutally beaten in her home. Her boyfriend Jeffrey Moravek killed. More than 15-hundred showed up for this benefit to raise money for the family. Those who know her say the best way to help Mary is to pay back what was already owed.

"She's got so many friends and has always reached out to help other people, and now, it's all coming back to her," LeAnn Miller-Kinney, friend.

Still hospitalized, Mary didn't get to see this outpouring of support. But her oldest son says it's an event his mom would enjoy.

"I think she would be just as surprised as the rest of us. I mean, she'd probably be having a good time hanging out with that band to be honest with you," said Hendricks.

While his mom still has a long road ahead in her recovery, family and friends believe love prevails.

"Everyone loves Mary as much as I do, and that love is just limitless. It will help Mary in her recovery. It will help her family take care of the things that she needs to take care of while she can't take care of them," said Miller-Kinney.

Strength in numbers that may inspire Mary in the fight ahead.

"When Mary's ready to hear about this and see the pictures. We've got tons of pictures for her, and she'll be amazed. She'll be very amazed and grateful," said Miller-Kinney.

At the conclusion of Thursday's picnic, put on by Mary Tope's co-workers at D-H-S, the Mercy Child Advocacy Center, and Juvenile Court Services, more than $23,000 was raised.

Donations are still being accepted for Mary Tope.

Click here to donate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://www.causes.com/causes/786826-mary-hendricks-tope-recovery-fund/actions/1663832?utm_campaign=more_from_cause

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am 
1000 CLUB

If anyone would like to help out...
You can email Paypal donations to maryhendricksrecoveryfund@gmail.com
Thanks!