It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
KDdidit wrote:
The CV cost me a visit to the place. Live in Brookfield so it's not really close, but I had a few weeks of meetings coming up by the Lycee Francais on the north side and was going to stop on the way back. Now they're horrible remote meetings.

I had a guy from Brookfield today, he told me Burger Antics is closed, not doing carryout.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:15 pm 

Who was playing Tommy, Dave Brubeck, Hank Williams, or Joan Jett?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Telegram Sam wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
The CV cost me a visit to the place. Live in Brookfield so it's not really close, but I had a few weeks of meetings coming up by the Lycee Francais on the north side and was going to stop on the way back. Now they're horrible remote meetings.

I had a guy from Brookfield today, he told me Burger Antics is closed, not doing carryout.

No Burger Antics is killing us. My wife always tries the special burgers and I only get the 4 cheese burger. Fuck their “Artisinal Ketchup” though, I just ask for BBQ sauce. As good as the burgers are, I’d be stunned if their booze sales don’t blow the burger sales out of the water, even more than most places.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Telegram Sam wrote:

I'd say it was Joan Jett, but I was overloaded with stimuli. The first thing I saw was the Kurt Cobain picture. Then I was looking at all of the other pictures and the video board, and then I saw the orange pop in bottles and it reminded me of when I had ammonia when I was fourteen and I kept requesting an Orange Crush and finally my dad came home with a bottle of it, and it hit the spot. Then I took a photo of the Cobain picture. Plus, there were bags of food lined up and I just wanted to stick my face in them and start feeding.

The little hippie was the guy who waited on me. There was a big dude in the back with sideburns.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:36 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

No Burger Antics is killing us. My wife always tries the special burgers and I only get the 4 cheese burger. Fuck their “Artisinal Ketchup” though, I just ask for BBQ sauce. As good as the burgers are, I’d be stunned if their booze sales don’t blow the burger sales out of the water, even more than most places.

That is exactly what the guy who came in said regarding the booze sales.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 pm 

tommy wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

I'd say it was Joan Jett, but I was overloaded with stimuli. The first thing I saw was the Kurt Cobain picture. Then I was looking at all of the other pictures and the video board, and then I saw the orange pop in bottles and it reminded me of when I had ammonia when I was fourteen and I kept requesting an Orange Crush and finally my dad came home with a bottle of it, and it hit the spot. Then I took a photo of the Cobain picture. Plus, there were bags of food lined up and I just wanted to stick my face in them and start feeding.

The little hippie was the guy who waited on me. There was a big dude in the back with sideburns.

I guess that makes me the big dude with the sideburns, sorry I missed you formally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:57 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
tommy wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

I guess that makes me the big dude with the sideburns, sorry I missed you formally.

Cool! No problem, you were working, and you didn't miss anything interesting. Plus, it looks weird when some wacko says to you, especially in front of other people you know, "Hey, I know you from the Internet."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I never pictured TS as a big guy with sideburns.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:00 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

But, I have pictured you.

Try not to think about that too much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

Of the options I think I would rather be the big guy with sideburns over the little hairy hippie...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

Of the options I think I would rather be the big guy with sideburns over the little hairy hippie...

That's Noah, my youthful ward. Frank and K Effective have met him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
tommy wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
tommy wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

Cool! No problem, you were working, and you didn't miss anything interesting. Plus, it looks weird when some wacko says to you, especially in front of other people you know, "Hey, I know you from the Internet."

Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
See, you guys are showing your age- nowadays these kids with their internet and gamer chat and fortnight and all, they think nothing of having friends they have never met. (read that in your best, non-rapey Bill Cosby pudding ad voice).

We hired a guy at work off of a reference from a supervisor, who had never met "IRL" but were gamer pals.

I was buoyed by the encouragement of my youthful coworkers to just walk right into BRGRBELLY and declare my love for one Telegram Sam. I'm sure they were hoping I'd disappear into Zed's dungeon never to be seen again, but it worked out okay. (I could have planned it better to show up hungry, rather than right after leaving another joint, but that's on me!). Noah was unphased by my revelation, and, fortunately, Sam overheard me from the back, blabbering about a Message Bored, and came right out.

I would not have observed Sam as "the big guy with sideburns", but Noah is definitely the hairy little hippie.

Maybe the better idea than a secret handshake is a secret code order item, like in the vacuum cleaner store from Breaking Bad/BCS. "I'd like a Keeping Score burger, rare, with a side of Degenerate Dave fries and a Spaulding pineapple upside-down torte for dessert".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You guys should be asking for a Hershey kiss.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Harry Little Hippie has mult potential.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:58 am 

Sam, you should warn your register people that if someone asks for Telegram Sam, notify you....and the authorities

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Telegram Sam wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

That is exactly what the guy who came in said regarding the booze sales.

Which I why I get that they don’t bother staying open with take-out. They don’t do take out Friday and Saturday night either because the kitchen is too small, and well, no booze sale. Big roller derby supporters!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
K Effective wrote:
We hired a guy at work off of a reference from a supervisor, who had never met "IRL" but were gamer pals.

My wife's company hires a lot of Indian contractors and they do interviews via teleconference. Sometimes they've tried a bait and switch where the guy doing the interview isn't the same guy that is actually applying. My wife's colleague (an Indian himself) is a pretty sharp guy and he busts them up pretty quickly. One time he called my wife into his office and said, "Look at this." One guy was sitting at the desk and another guy was hiding off camera and answering the questions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
K Effective wrote:

My wife's company hires a lot of Indian contractors and they do interviews via teleconference. Sometimes they've tried a bait and switch where the guy doing the interview isn't the same guy that is actually applying. My wife's colleague (an Indian himself) is a pretty sharp guy and he busts them up pretty quickly. One time he called my wife into his office and said, "Look at this." One guy was sitting at the desk and another guy was hiding off camera and answering the questions.

That's pretty common in an offshore model. My experience is you'll have a team of 4-5....one is competent / skilled and carrying the weight for all 5. They try to keep the resource management piece out of the customer as much as they possibly can.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
K Effective wrote:

That's pretty common in an offshore model. My experience is you'll have a team of 4-5....one is competent / skilled and carrying the weight for all 5. They try to keep the resource management piece out of the customer as much as they possibly can.

Also not uncommon for offshore places to try to do this with onshore candidates. We require video conferencing at minimum during the interview process now and watch for eye contact going to a specific side. Of course, you could hire one competant onshore person who will do the work of four of these liars, and you only have to pay them half, but the finance books have contractors in a more desirable column than a FTE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Paschke's Pizza
K Effective wrote:
I would not have observed Sam as "the big guy with sideburns"

Open your eyes, jack-hole.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

Sounds like my brother from another mother. I’ve been wearing sideburns for years. When this virus shit clears up I need to get down there for a burger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

Can't let this one slip through the cracks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Spaulding wrote:

We may have a winner here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Paschke's Pizza
K Effective wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

We may have a winner here!

I don't even know what she means but it sounds sexist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:16 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

Yeah, me neither. Weird.

Can't let this one slip through the cracks

Well, I meant he should try not to think about it.

But now I’m thinking about it again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:40 am 

Well, the site just killed my post because it said I wasn't logged in, but all I will say is that Sam's place is a John Paciorek-like 3 for 3 in my book.

The other 300 words in the post were about how he should change the name of them beignets to something American. It ended with an awesome rant against the Stamp Act and the horrid treatment of John Zenger (as well as a story about my uncle, who was trying to sell his baseball cards and never got recompense for the classified ads he took out in Zenger's paper). It was well-written, too, and it concluded with what I am sure small-minded folk would call a non-sequitur but was really a marvelous and unhinged threat against anyone I perceive to be a tyrant. Time to take our country back.

Anyway, I hope the login issues get resolved and Sam's place is 3 for 3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
tommy wrote:
Well, the site just killed my post because it said I wasn't logged in, but all I will say is that Sam's place is a John Paciorek-like 3 for 3 in my book.
Is that Tom's brother?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
tommy wrote:
Is that Tom's brother?

John Paciorek is his oldest brother. (Sam's a cousin.) One game only. A good first-person chapter on him in one of the books I mentioned in the book thread, and there's a new book out now about "cup of coffee" players, but I think that's for recent players. Paciorek has a book dedicated to him, too.

He basically worked out so much that he hurt himself. Put him in during the last game of the year against the Mets, who were worse than Houston. I think he had three infield singles, two walks, and a couple RBI.

I've been to Sam's place three times, have enjoyed the food three times, been flirted with twice (it's the North Side, so neither was by a chick, unfortunately), and I found a quarter on Irving Park Road. Sam also works out a lot, so the similarities are endless.

ETA--I think another Paciorek or two played in the minors. Crazy athletic family.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next