It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:22 am 

Were gonna look past the balls it takes to do this at a busy intersection in broad daylight for a second..

This is interesting for two reasons, the shooting happened right in front of one of those police cameras that supposedly help prevent crime (watch it turns out not to be working). Plus with all the protest going on about Trayvon Martin, someone should come forward.

If someone is not arrested for this with in a couple of days something is very wrong.

By MICHAEL LANSU Staff Reporter mlansu@suntimes.com March 29, 2012 6:22PM

A 22-year-old man was killed and five others were wounded in a gang-related shooting at a convenience store Thursday on the South Side, police said.

Two men ran into Bishop Golden Store in the 1400 block of West 79th around 6 p.m. and fired shots, police said. The men fled north on Bishop in a silver Chevrolet SUV.

The male victims were ages 16 to 25 — four in critical condition, officials said.

Londale McNeal, a pastor at a church next door to the convenience store, said he heard “about 10 to 12 shots ring out” and saw two men in dark hoodies jump into a vehicle. McNeal was with his wife, daughter and grandson.

“Six young men were shot — some of them were screaming,” McNeal recalled. “I knew all of them. These are some of the same ones I pray for every day.”

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of nearby St. Sabina Church, pleaded for help in the case.

“It’s 6 o’clock at night and there’s a police camera across the street that should have captured everything,” he said. “[But] people saw what happened. Now people need to talk. We should not just be outraged about what happened to Trayvon [Martin], but about six people shot in daylight in Chicago.”

Tasha Hudlun, whose son, Jeremiah Jones, 16, was shot in his foot, told NBC5: “I want my kids to grow up and have grandkids. This is crazy. . . . It’s senseless killing, it’s over something maybe really stupid.”

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Maybe Spike can tweet some home addresses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The hoodie strikes again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
conns7901 wrote:
someone should come forward.

Former Mayor Richard M. Daley demands it. The only time he isn't scolding people about coming forward is when the crime is committed by one of his relatives.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
There are a lot of unsolved murders in the black community. I know this may be shocking to some of you. Until recently most of these murders didn't even make the paper let alone become a national story. Trying to compare this to the killing of Trayvon is stupid. The day the police let's a black guy in a any community walk free after killing anyone the way Trayvon was killed then you'll have a story and something to compare it to. Hell an 80 year old black man was arrested this week for shooting someone trying to enter his home.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
There are a lot of unsolved murders in the black community. I know this may be shocking to some of you. Until recently most of these murders didn't even make the paper let alone become a national story. Trying to compare this to the killing of Trayvon is stupid. The day the police let's a black guy in a any community walk free after killing anyone the way Trayvon was killed then you'll have a story and something to compare it to. Hell an 80 year old black man was arrested this week for shooting someone trying to enter his home.

I read about that too. The guy trying to break in has something like 13 arrests over the past 2 years and the elderly man that lives above his liquor store shot the kid in the leg, protecting his home from the intruder. Unfortunately, he is a convicted felon, so it was illegal for him to even own a gun in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Nas wrote:
Hell an 80 year old black man was arrested this week for shooting someone trying to enter his home.

I'm pretty sure he was a convicted felon himself and that's why he was arrested on the gun charge.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Next time he should use the daily paper. It's a little thin now so maybe he should just hide in the closet and pray.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
the old man should have never been arrested felon or not....those cameras are useless and a total waste of money

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Next time he should use the daily paper. It's a little thin now so maybe he should just hide in the closet and pray.

It's truely unfortunate that an 80 year old man should be left without the ability to defend himself with a gun in that kind of situation. But those kinds of rights (right to bear arms as well as the right to vote) are lost when you are a convicted felon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
This post was made by Elmhurst Steve who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
6 shot and 1 dead?

Why doesn't anyone work on their marksmanship anymore?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:55 am 

Nas wrote:

OJ?

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Darkside wrote:
6 shot and 1 dead?

I don't think that's quite the same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 am 

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Nas wrote:

OJ?

Actually a very, very good point.

The biggest difference is that Trayvon was a kid, OJ's victims were almost as old as Hawg Ass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Chicago is looking to regain murder-capitol status in 2012.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I didn't know OJ killed at a nursing home.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Up yours, Gary, IN!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:03 am 

Detroit and Gary, Indiana wrote:
Not on our watch!.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:03 am 
100000 CLUB

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Nas wrote:

OJ?

I'm pretty sure OJ wasn't found at the scene after cutting up his kids mother and her boyfriend. I pretty sure he was arrested immediately when the evidence pointed to him and he didn't use a self-defense defense. I know it's hard trying to find something similar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:07 am 

Nas wrote:
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Nas wrote:

OJ?

I'm pretty sure OJ wasn't found at the scene after cutting up his kids mother and her boyfriend. I pretty sure he was arrested immediately when the evidence pointed to him and he didn't use a self-defense defense. I know it's hard trying to find something similar.

But I'm pretty sure OJ was still walking free in the community, looking for the killer at every golf course and autograph show.

And his arrest wasn't immediate. He drover down the freeway to Tijuana, going at least 15 mph.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am 

Nas wrote:
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Nas wrote:

OJ?

I know it is hard. You never see on the national news when a black person kills a white person and never gets caught or arrested. I guess that means it never happens. TV never lies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spanky wrote:
But I'm pretty sure OJ was still walking free in the community, looking for the killer at every golf course and autograph show.

I'm pretty sure at that point, OJ hadn't been in the community since about 1974.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 am 

spanky wrote:

I'm pretty sure at that point, OJ hadn't been in the community since about 1974.

Not that community. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

Some black men get acquitted. They usually need a little money but it happens. Not turning yourself in immediately when a warrant is issued for your arrestr and being released with no charges after killing a man is completely different. You're a teacher I would expect you to know the difference between the two. I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 am 

But I'm not a killer (yet) so I have a lot to learn.

Doesn't this Zimmerman come from money too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Vincent Antonelli wrote:

I know it is hard. You never see on the national news when a black person kills a white person and never gets caught or arrested. I guess that means it never happens. TV never lies.

I'm not making this a black or white issue. I really don't care if the person was green. Nowhere in my first post did I say anything about the person being white. My statement still stands. A black person killing a person of any color the way Zimmerman killed Trayvon wouldn't be allowed to walk freely without being arrested. We're not talking about a black person that commits a crime and then goes on the run. We're talking about similar circumstances as Zimmerman. This really shouldn't be hard to comprehend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

spanky wrote:
But I'm not a killer (yet) so I have a lot to learn.

Doesn't this Zimmerman come from money too?

I won't push you.

Typically when your family has money they usually have to use that money to defend you in court. You usually don't get to kill a guy and not be charged with anything. It's nice to not have to waste the money though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Darkside wrote:
6 shot and 1 dead?

A couple are still critical and unfortunately will probably die in the next month or so. Here is the weapon of choice. I know you were saying this with a heavy dose of sarcasm. But I am curious, if you are gonna squeeze off ten shots in a couple of seconds can you really aim? You are more of a handgun expert than myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am 

Nas wrote:
Vincent Antonelli wrote:

I'm not making this a black or white issue. I really don't care if the person was green. Nowhere in my first post did I say anything about the person being white. My statement still stands. A black person killing a person of any color the way Zimmerman killed Trayvon wouldn't be allowed to walk freely without being arrested. We're not talking about a black person that commits a crime and then goes on the run. We're talking about similar circumstances as Zimmerman. This really shouldn't be hard to comprehend.

I'll tell you what, why don't you come to Indiana and meet with Bernie Carter or any of his deputy prosecutors (I know a lot of current and former ones) and see who doesnt comprehend what. Killers go free all the time due to lack of evidence, witness problems and procedural problems. A problem (not the only problem) with the Treyvon case is there are no witnesses that really pin down what probably happened.
I am sure a lot of gang shootings there are plenty of people who know who did what but are too scared to say so the killers are walking around free.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am 

spanky wrote:
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Nas wrote:

OJ?

Actually a very, very good point.

The biggest difference is that Trayvon was a kid, OJ's victims were almost as old as Hawg Ass.

:lol: Spany has a new meme