It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The 2012 Masters
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Bubba Watson kinda looks like a tool with his hair and a visor, but from what I saw yesterday he seems to be genuinely good guy.
And the fact that he doesn't use a swing coach is disgusting :lol: :lol:

That and he never hits a straight shot. He shapes everything beautifully.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
It looks like the turd may get fined...

Woods club-kicking does not go unnoticed
By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer
Saturday, April 7, 2012

The tantrum received plenty of attention at Augusta National, and it prompted CBS Sports analyst Nick Faldo to say that Woods had "lost his game ... and lost his mind."

According to tour policy, players can be disciplined for conduct unbecoming a professional even at tournaments that are co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour, such as the major championships.

A person close to club operations said no one from the tournament had talked to Woods about his behavior in the second round. He spoke on condition of anonymity because club matters are private.

After finishing his round Saturday with an even-par 72, Woods said he was sorry when asked about the incident.

"I apologize if I offend anybody by that but I've hit some bad shots. It's certainly frustrating at times not to hit the ball where you need to hit it," he said. "I certainly heard that people didn't like me kicking the club. But I didn't like it, either. I hit it right in the bunker. Didn't feel good on my toe, either."

The PGA Tour has been criticized over the years for not saying when or if they discipline players.

John Daly told The Associated Press in December 2008 that he had been suspended for sixth months. Even then, the tour would not confirm it. Last year, the tour would not discuss whether Rory Sabbatini was suspended for his treatment of a teenage volunteer at Riviera and for getting into an argument on the golf course with Sean O'Hair.

A person close to Sabbatini later told the AP he had been suspended.

The tour has three categories of penalties - minor (fines not more than $10,000); intermediate (fines between $10,001 and $20,000); major (in excess of $20,000).

The Associated Press

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Scorehead wrote:

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The tantrum received plenty of attention at Augusta National, and it prompted CBS Sports analyst Nick Faldo to say that Woods had "lost his game ... and lost his mind."

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Darkside wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Saturday, April 7, 2012

I used to play at Cantigny in Wheaton a lot. One day were waiting to tee off at the 1st hole & the starter walks over to our group & says "Fellas, I need to get a group off before you guys, ok?" We said sure. Who walks up to the first tee? Lee Trevino & 3 other guys.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:48 am 

Scorehead wrote:

There's that, plus he's a complete Douchbag.

Look at them sideburns. he looks like a girl! Now, Johnny Unitas, there's a haircut you could set your watch to!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10