It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Ok, let's take out all those surveillance cameras then.

That still never seemingly catch anyone who committed a crime....nor prevent anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

That still never seemingly catch anyone who committed a crime....nor prevent anything.

Of course not. They are there to line someone who is politically connected. Funny how those RED-light cameras never seem to fail.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
conns7901 wrote:
Split the protesters up? Let Rahm save face?

Quite possibly, Rahm and Obama decided this had all the potential to be a disaster for both of them. The G8 was the event more likely to draw heavy protests. The NATO meeting may have some demonstrations, but not the type of stuff the G8 was probably going to bring.

conns7901 wrote:
Of course not. They are there to line someone who is politically connected. Funny how those RED-light cameras never seem to fail.

And yet, it is illegal and punishable by fifteen years in prison to record a police officer kicking the shit out of someone based on the premise that a recording might be deceiving and such recording is an invasion of the privacy of these "public servants".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And yet, it is illegal and punishable by fifteen years in prison to record a police officer kicking the shit out of someone based on the premise that a recording might be deceiving and such recording is an invasion of the privacy of these "public servants".

Not true - they ruled on that one and Freedom won.

Not really. A friend of mine was on a the jury during the high profile case of the woman who recorded the cops who refused to take her complaint against their brother officers seriously and attempted to discourage her from pursuing it. They found in her favor due to circumstances. And there is a federal judge in a different state who tossed a similar case on a constitutional basis. But right here in Illinois Lisa Madigan is fighting tooth and nail to keep that law in force.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:24 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

You are thinking too small...what about that omnibus bill of overreaching powers the city council approved that was only going to be law during the summitts...and then we found out it was actually going to be permanent.

This is a body punch to Emmanuel. It is really a vote of no confidence.

by the way Lori Healy has now been in charge of the olympic bid and G8...good record

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

My apologies, Panther. I don't know how I missed that. I thought the trial in the Drew case wasn't scheduled to begin until April.

Still, I'm guessing the Illinois legislature will attempt to sharpen the law to meet constitutional standards.