It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i don't know. so many things.

Lily is fine, but I can tell she is starting to realize that she is sick. She's super "needy" and wants to be by me all the time, more so than normal. Our driveway is falling apart. We'll need to repave soon. I have to stain my deck. When moving my guitar studio from the upstairs 3rd bedroom to downstairs I dropped my computer speakers and sub and they died in the process...got new ones. In dropping them, I hit the side of my PRS Custom 24 guitar and now have a new nick in the banding. my wife has a new superintendent who is nuts and incompetent, which makes my life great. we're super busy at work. my golf game sucks.

how you guys & Spaulding doing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:19 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Just hired a contractor for the fifth expensive project since moving less than a year ago. I expected some things to pop up but this has been disheartening. Hopefully this is it so we can work on renovations we WANT to do. Buying an 80 yr old house may have been a poor choice no matter how much we love it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:
Just hired a contractor for the fifth expensive project since moving less than a year ago. I expected some things to pop up but this has been disheartening. Hopefully this is it so we can work on renovations we WANT to do. Buying an 80 yr old house may have been a poor choice no matter how much we love it.

Wow, sorry to hear about this T-Bone. What kind of work are you having done?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to hear this T-Bone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Suspended a couple kids for being entitled pricks, and wow, do these kids ever have some influential friends. Some of the pushback has been really, really personal. I tend to act immaturely during times like these, and so I am trying to prime myself not to the next time I get pushback.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:11 am 

tommy wrote:
Suspended a couple kids for being entitled pricks, and wow, do these kids ever have some influential friends. Some of the pushback has been really, really personal. I tend to act immaturely during times like these, and so I am trying to prime myself not to the next time I get pushback.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
My dog hates me.

I don't know why. I do speak to her in a straight-forward manner. The Bandit speaks to her like she is singing a song everytime. Maybe that is something.

We've had her for 10 years. I feed her. Give her the medicine she needs. Wake up at 3am to send her out 5 days/week.

I've grown up with animals my whole life. They love me. I domesticated wild cats as a kid just as a hobby. Hello, Keith Cat.

I don't know what's up with this dog.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:15 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
My dog hates me.

I don't know why. I do speak to her in a straight-forward manner. The Bandit speaks to her like she is singing a song everytime. Maybe that is something.

We've had her for 10 years. I feed her. Give her the medicine she needs. Wake up at 3am to send her out 5 days/week.

I've grown up with animals my whole life. They love me. I domesticated wild cats as a kid just as a hobby. Hello, Keith Cat.

I've got a couple cats you can grab whenever you'd like to. Just not my killer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
My dog hates me.

Probably caught you whacking off.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I bought some Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest beer today. The bottles are only 11.2 oz. now.

What happened to 12.0 oz. beer bottles? All these companies try to screw the consumer by going smaller, even German breweries.

If they sold these bottles in Germany, they would be "ausgelacht" or a laughing stock. Having lived there, I can't imagine German people buying 11.2 oz. bottles.

To be fair, it's a very good Oktoberfest beer, in that I would put it ahead of Spaten's, but the bottling is criminal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
We joined douchenation and bought a peloton today.

To be fair, Rah and I have wanted something for a while. We're not really gym types, so this suits us. Dr. says I need this anyway. Heart is A+, but my core and back is weakening from lack of physical activity. Effects of the bone cancer.

I put this here bc its not really a brag about imo.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: She/Him
doug - evergreen park wrote:

To be fair, Rah and I have wanted something for a while. We're not really gym types, so this suits us. Dr. says I need this anyway. Heart is A+, but my core and back is weakening from lack of physical activity. Effects of the bone cancer.

Congratulations. Giving your body what it needs is a gift to yourself as well as others.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
doug - evergreen park wrote:

If you use it great right? Friend of mine bought the Nordic track bike version. Awaiting results as I also do not want to go back to a gym.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Let my mom get me into an argument about politics today. She has strong opinions but doesn’t know what the fuck she is talking about. She actually said to me “how do you know the Republicans are the ones not wearing masks?” These old people get in their little groups and just spew nonsense to each other. I should have just kept talking about fishing and sports with my dad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
So, I was in a really good mood this morning. I'm going to pick up my new bike this afternoon. The weather was pretty good and I was have my last good ride on the old bike which was performing remarkably well even though I had to keep her in 2 on the front and 6 in the back to keep the gears from slipping.

I was heading home west down Lunt and going pretty good. There was a slower guy riding in front of me and I caught up to him very easily. We were just west of Western by Indian Boundary Park and there's a street on the left that deadends at the park on the right. We had a stop sign at the intersection but it's the kind of intersection where you're lucky to get a car to stop let alone a bike.

But as we were coming to the intersection I saw an old lady coming from the left who was obviously going to cross Lunt. The other guy on the bike just blew right through, but I stopped to give the pedestrian her right-of-way. She waved at me to go ahead, but I was just balancing in place and I smiled and waved back at her and said, "Please, go ahead." She kept furiously waving and suddenly became very obstinate and said, "I'm not going." I said, "Really?" So I started riding and as she crossed behind me she called me an asshole. Fucking people, man.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
So, I was in a really good mood this morning. I'm going to pick up my new bike this afternoon. The weather was pretty good and I was have my last good ride on the old bike which was performing remarkably well even though I had to keep her in 2 on the front and 6 in the back to keep the gears from slipping.

I was heading home west down Lunt and going pretty good. There was a slower guy riding in front of me and I caught up to him very easily. We were just west of Western by Indian Boundary Park and there's a street on the left that deadends at the park on the right. We had a stop sign at the intersection but it's the kind of intersection where you're lucky to get a car to stop let alone a bike.

But as we were coming to the intersection I saw an old lady coming from the left who was obviously going to cross Lunt. The other guy on the bike just blew right through, but I stopped to give the pedestrian her right-of-way. She waved at me to go ahead, but I was just balancing in place and I smiled and waved back at her and said, "Please, go ahead." She kept furiously waving and suddenly became very obstinate and said, "I'm not going." I said, "Really?" So I started riding and as she crossed behind me she called me an asshole. Fucking people, man.

She should be a moderator here.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:34 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

People are often unreasonable...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Increasingly with the amount of irresponsible cyclists making matters worse by the month.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Increasingly with the amount of irresponsible cyclists making matters worse by the month.

:lol: Yeah, cyclists cause a lot more problems than motorists. It's funny what people consider "irresponsible". Driving 40 mph down a side street ain't it. Give me my three feet, pal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: Yeah, cyclists cause a lot more problems than motorists. It's funny what people consider "irresponsible". Driving 40 mph down a side street ain't it. Give me my three feet, pal.

You yourself mentioned the other cyclist who blew through the intersection, and while yes, drivers are increasingly becoming a holes, in increasingly congested areas, cyclists are matching them stupid for stupid.

Plus, these bike lanes are increasingly in neighborhoods where they only benefit a goof like Laurence Holmes who was commenting on a street ride to calumet beach park down an arterial street completely screwed up by one in each direction.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Tell that to the lady who almost went over her handle bars yesterday in Roscoe Village when she failed to stop at a stop sign on Damen.

The rules of the road apply to cyclists too. Except when they say they do not. Which as you said above, happens. And regualrly I might add in MANY places.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Tell that to the lady who almost went over her handle bars yesterday in Roscoe Village when she failed to stop at a stop sign on Damen.

The rules of the road apply to cyclists too. Except when they say they do not. Which as you said above, happens. And regualrly I might add in MANY places.

The difference being that when a motorist blows a stop sign someone could very well be killed. When a cyclist does it, in most instances he's only endangering himself. In any case, our lobby will soon get the Idaho stop passed as law in Illinois.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The point is that a lot of cyclists only follow some of the rules of the road. They blow stop signs and red lights repeatedly, but when some car doesn't give them their three feet, they get all up in arms.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Streets are for vehicular traffic. As a pedestrian, I respect that. I also tend to wave on the those that use the streets for their original intention. Streets are NOT a pedestrian's territory. Those "stop when a pedestrian is present" are very dangerous, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Morons in the city on those scooters are the worst.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The point is that a lot of cyclists only follow some of the rules of the road.

Just like motorists. Except less dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Furious Styles wrote:
Morons in the city on those scooters are the worst.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The point is that a lot of cyclists only follow some of the rules of the road.

Just like motorists. Except less dangerous.

You will never win this argument. They litterally don't see your point of view.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:26 am 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Streets are for vehicular traffic. As a pedestrian, I respect that. I also tend to wave on the those that use the streets for their original intention. Streets are NOT a pedestrian's territory. Those "stop when a pedestrian is present" are very dangerous, if you ask me.

I'm never shocked when those become "pedestrians don't have to look, or use common sense" areas, just like a lot of deluded cyclists ride around believing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The difference being that when a motorist blows a stop sign someone could very well be killed. When a cyclist does it, in most instances he's only endangering himself.
Hitting a cyclist can ruin your life and without a dash cam good luck proving that the cyclists blew the stop sign instead of you.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
In any case, our lobby will soon get the Idaho stop passed as law in Illinois.
That sounds like a terrible law. If you want to be treated like a motor vehicle then follow the rules of motor vehicles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 190  Next