It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
We had to make the very tough decision to discontinue chemo treatment for our pup this week, as he barely even responded to the most recent last-ditch therapy for his lymphoma. He's got a week, maybe a couple, left of normal-ish health, and then I'm told it gets real ugly, real quick. Won't even make it near his sixth birthday.

Sorry to hear JLN, that is a tough deal. My guy turns 8 early next year and as big a pain in the ass as he is, definitely been the healthiest dog I've ever owned. Hope you get to spend some time with him and spoil him with a few good meals.

Thanks. Yeah he's gotten a raw deal, just the lovingest, best-behaved animal I could have hoped for in the first dog that I raised, and to have him be taken like this, with all that's happened this year, man it just plain old sucks. But yeah, he's been getting the green light to beg to his heart's content. Last night he had homemade empanadas, tonight is probably roasted chicken and later some of the whipped topping off the remaining french silk pie.

Sorry to hear this JLN. We are expecting the same thing this year. Our 6.5 year old Lab, Lily is having her 16th and final chemo treatment tomorrow for her Lymphoma.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Jaw Breaker wrote:
This is more of a pet peeve that's been bugging me.

Why do companies still sell the old-fashioned can openers with the cutting wheel? (I guess I should rephrase... why do people still buy them?)

Those can openers not only leave you with a sharp, sometimes jagged lid to dispose of, but the opener needs to be cleaned after every use and inevitably becomes disgusting.

The "new" type of opener, which came out decades ago, has a rotating wheel that removes the lid from the can by separating the seal. The lid comes off easily with no sharp edges and can actually be placed back on the can if you want to put the can in the fridge. And best of all, the opener stays completely clean. Mine is probably 15 years old and looks like new.

I just don't understand why the old style continues to be sold. I happened to notice them at the new Amazon grocery store near my house. They ONLY sold the old kind. The new style isn't more expensive and there are no advantages to the old style. I suppose you could use the cut-off lid on the old style to strain the can's contents, but that's a stretch.

I would bet anything that someone who has used the newer style (again, decades old) would never dream of going back.

OLD STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-C ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

NEWER STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-Opener ... 949&sr=8-5

We have a very old version of the OLD design here. I open cans like twice a year during the holidays but I agree it doesn’t work all that well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 am 

Came to work this morning to find 30 missed calls on my phone. They are all from a robo call service from Wal-Mart pharmacy. I am not even on any prescriptions. I called them months ago to stop the madness but they can't help me. To top things off this morning I have gotten 3 calls this morning from a local number. I picked up twice and I have an Elaine from Seinfeld situation where someone is trying to fax something to my number. :lol: I didn't pick up the third call.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's

Offer to send them a T-Bone 1/4 zip if they agree to lay off.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:25 am 

I've actually been wearing the jacket this week. I found out that it appears to absorb spills really well. :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
I've actually been wearing the jacket this week. I found out that it appears to absorb spills really well. :|

Oh you met up with FavreFan? Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: I try not to waste beer like that. I also prefer to spill on myself while wearing the jacket so I guess it is a slightly different situation. FarveFan likely would need his jacket to work more like a mop or dish rag-like fashion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
This is more of a pet peeve that's been bugging me.

Why do companies still sell the old-fashioned can openers with the cutting wheel? (I guess I should rephrase... why do people still buy them?)

Those can openers not only leave you with a sharp, sometimes jagged lid to dispose of, but the opener needs to be cleaned after every use and inevitably becomes disgusting.

The "new" type of opener, which came out decades ago, has a rotating wheel that removes the lid from the can by separating the seal. The lid comes off easily with no sharp edges and can actually be placed back on the can if you want to put the can in the fridge. And best of all, the opener stays completely clean. Mine is probably 15 years old and looks like new.

I just don't understand why the old style continues to be sold. I happened to notice them at the new Amazon grocery store near my house. They ONLY sold the old kind. The new style isn't more expensive and there are no advantages to the old style. I suppose you could use the cut-off lid on the old style to strain the can's contents, but that's a stretch.

I would bet anything that someone who has used the newer style (again, decades old) would never dream of going back.

OLD STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-C ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

NEWER STYLE
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-Opener ... 949&sr=8-5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Started out fine, but in the end, Bean Dad was a Douche Bag.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
GoldenJet wrote:
Started out fine, but in the end, Bean Dad was a Douche Bag.

I thought the whole things was a joke and it was pretty funny. I guess not though since he couldn't take the heat and deleted his account.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
They dug up his old racist tweets, JORR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:12 am 

For the 2nd time this week I was washing up after using the restroom and went to use the hand sanitizer. The ones in the bathroom are pump style. I pushed down on it and because the end of it was all gunked and clogged up it shot all over my shirt like a Peter North video. Fortunately I am wearing a dark shirt today and no harm no foul but on Monday I was not so fortunate. Just frustrating that people can't clean up after themselves and the cleaning crew is apparently doing a shitty job as well. I should have known better after it happened earlier this week but I thought that was an anomaly. Just a heads up to you others out there still trekking into the office.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Ha, yeah, I've had that happen at the grocery store.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
For the 2nd time this week I was washing up after using the restroom and went to use the hand sanitizer. The ones in the bathroom are pump style. I pushed down on it and because the end of it was all gunked and clogged up it shot all over my shirt like a Peter North video. Fortunately I am wearing a dark shirt today and no harm no foul but on Monday I was not so fortunate. Just frustrating that people can't clean up after themselves and the cleaning crew is apparently doing a shitty job as well. I should have known better after it happened earlier this week but I thought that was an anomaly. Just a heads up to you others out there still trekking into the office.

Stan the Caddy wrote:
Play the T-Bone jacket off the sweater.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Big Sausage Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
it shot all over my shirt like a Peter North video.

Glad to see my fans are keeping me in mind during these uncertain times. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:52 pm 

Peter North wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
it shot all over my shirt like a Peter North video.

Glad to see my fans are keeping me in mind during these uncertain times. 8)

:lol: :lol: I didn't even realize this was a mult. Nicely played Peter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 am 

I'd been wondering how the roof over my porch was getting chipped away in a couple spots. Heard some odd sounds near my window which overlooks the area at 6am today. Get to the window and had a fucking racoon looking back at me as if I had broken up his party. Too bad that I don't still have the little. 22 pistol I had decades ago. I'd have loved to have put a small hot one in the piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol:

And Jaw Breaker is right on re can openers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Regular Reader wrote:
I'd been wondering how the roof over my porch was getting chipped away in a couple spots. Heard some odd sounds near my window which overlooks the area at 6am today. Get to the window and had a fucking racoon looking back at me as if I had broken up his party. Too bad that I don't still have the little. 22 pistol I had decades ago. I'd have loved to have put a small hot one in the piece of shit.

Have you called Darkside? :batman:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My daughter was performing a deep purge of her bedroom prior to returning to college last week, and she entered the attic space to store some boxes. Soon after, she called me in to point out water in a plastic tote of decorations there, and evidence of water running down the rafters and onto the attic floor. A quick assessment and trip to the kitchen revealed a small wet spot on the kitchen ceiling!!

No snow on the roof outside, this spot seems to be at a valley junction of the main roof and a dormer, but could easily be leaking in up to the peak of the main roof.

Our trusted roofer was out of town to attend to his father's passing, and will be over this week, to inspect and repair what I hope is an obvious failure.

Roof was all new in 2001 with our remodel/addition, and SHOULD have lasted ten more years...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:

Positive note insurance will replace the whole thing. Or at least cut you a check for that amount and you go to Home Depot. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
K Effective wrote:
My daughter was performing a deep purge of her bedroom prior to returning to college last week, and she entered the attic space to store some boxes. Soon after, she called me in to point out water in a plastic tote of decorations there, and evidence of water running down the rafters and onto the attic floor. A quick assessment and trip to the kitchen revealed a small wet spot on the kitchen ceiling!!

No snow on the roof outside, this spot seems to be at a valley junction of the main roof and a dormer, but could easily be leaking in up to the peak of the main roof.

Our trusted roofer was out of town to attend to his father's passing, and will be over this week, to inspect and repair what I hope is an obvious failure.

Roof was all new in 2001 with our remodel/addition, and SHOULD have lasted ten more years...

See comment above.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its a write off for them

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
K Effective wrote:

Well it sounds like it lasted 20 so...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Positive note insurance will replace the whole thing. Or at least cut you a check for that amount and you go to Home Depot. 8)

Thanks, I honestly never thought about that. I never think about filing insurance claims.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I can't beat my 10-year old daughter in Super Mario Cart. She throws these damn turtle shells at me which I can't hit her with. Then she talks trash.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
When you could play against people online my cousins would get so far ahead in the race then pelt my dad with stuff when he was driving along. It was pretty funny. When the blue shell comes up we say the package is being delivered or bsfy (blue shell for you). Moo Moo Meadows is Rob's mom's farm after one of my husband's roommates. It's a great game for that kind of stuff.

Who's your guy? I always pick Mario or Yoshi on a bike.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Spaulding wrote:
When you could play against people online my cousins would get so far ahead in the race then pelt my dad with stuff when he was driving along. It was pretty funny. When the blue shell comes up we say the package is being delivered or bsfy (blue shell for you). Moo Moo Meadows is Rob's mom's farm after one of my husband's roommates. It's a great game for that kind of stuff.

Who's your guy? I always pick Mario or Yoshi on a bike.

I'm always Mario. It's pretty fun playing with the entire family.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I've been going back and forth with a vendor about shipping and tracking# for a customer's order today. Its not a large order, but a decent enough client and some colored bulbs needed to be overnighted for an event taking place this weekend. So its probably 6 emails and another 2 or 3 calls to get this info. The vendor uses a goofy system, but anyway its after hours on the East coast and I finally get an email that says the tracking number doesn't show up on FedEx's website and I have to call the warehouse manager and we won't have tracking until the morning blah blah blah.

Two minutes later, I get copied on the email that this girl sends to the warehouse manager.

The tracking number starts with a 1Z07.... That's a UPS tracking number.
The order is out for delivery today.

You can't make this stuff up.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 190  Next