It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Spaulding wrote:
I think I have to work for 11 hours tomorrow and I don't think I will clear $120.

Want to drive a grain cart instead? Although the cost of gas to get out here would probably eat into the increased pay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I would love to drive a grain cart!!!!

Money isn't really an issue as you can see. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I have an in-law that is certifiably insane. About this time of year every year she spins into a tailspin and starts attacking everyone in the family. This coresponds with her going off her anti anxiety and anti depressants in mid summer because she doesn't need them anymore and she's not herself. As Thanksgiving turns to Christmas it gets worse and you have to walk on eggs shells because ANYTHING you say will be twisted into a personal attack. This tends to crescendo and crash around Valentines day when she goes back on the medication because she can't function anymore. Rinse and repeat.

My brother in law, her husband.. I love like a brother but.. It is what it is.

I’m sorry but I couldn’t get past the phrase “she spins into a tailspin”. I know, I’m a jackass.

I mean, you post on this board, that goes without saying.

:alien: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
Jimmy Dugan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I am the assistant girls basketball coach at our high school, been in this position for the last few years. We have had a pretty successful run winning our conference last year and advancing in the state tournament a couple rounds. We return 4 of 5 starters from last years team and should be pretty good again. Our head coach resigned at the end of our season, so the school began a search for a new coach. I put in for the position but was told I was not experienced enough for the spot. They hired a guy who retired recently from another school district. He has coached for almost 30 years. Due to his retirement he was not able to official take over our program until August 1st so he could not do anything with the team. So I was the interim coach this summer while they waited for this guy to take over. At the start of the summer I met with this guy a few times. He seemed like a great guy and was excited to take over the program. I asked him what I could implement during the summer to make his transition smoother. He said nothing. He had watched our game film and liked the things we had done the previous year and wanted me to continue running those things and he thought that would make the transition smoother especially considering we have a large group of seniors this year who have ran this same stuff since 6th grade. So that sounded good to me and I agreed with him that was the best plan for the transition. So I coached this summer. We did all our normal stuff. So August 1st comes and he officially takes the job. He tells me he is going to do some team building things during the fall to get to know people. Again, that sounded good and I thought it would help the transition. November 1st comes and our first day of practice arrives. The guy did nothing from August 1st to Nov 1 other than coming to one volleyball game to watch a few of the players. During that time I got really concerned about how things were going to go. First day of practice he acts as if we had never talked about keeping all our old stuff and begins putting in all completely new stuff. On top of that he is real old school hard ass guy and he comes off mad all the time. The girls quickly get frustrated. We had 21 girls on the team this summer. In a matter of about 3 days those numbers drop to 15 girls. After the first week we are at 11 girls, which is where we currently stand. It has been miserable. Before practice and after practice this guy is a real nice guy, but once practice starts he is completely different. Of the 11 girls we currently have at least 9 of them hate him and have considered quitting. I have been trying to be the good cop and keep them encouraged and playing. But it is really hard, especially since I feel like he completely lied to me on how he was going to run things. Our admin has talked to me and asked what is going on and I have been honest with them. We start games tomorrow. I have never been less excited for a season to begin and it sucks because I truly love basketball and coaching.

Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASKETBALL! Oh, you zip it, RFDC! Red Auerbach was my coach, and he called me a walking pile of dogshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry? NO. And do you know why? Because there's no crying in basketball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASKETBALL! No crying!

:lol: well done

There's only one thing left to do. WIN THE WHOLE FUCKING THING!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:29 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Does anybody else have crazy family or crazy in laws? It's really fucking difficult.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I'm probably the asshole of both families, but crazy isn't usually used to describe me, fortunately. Wife's sister is a basket case, far enough away to cause us little concern.

I compare things to my farming buddy, the oldest of five adult children, whose mother has disowned him and his sister completely. She has yet to even see two great grandkids in person after five years. After she evicted him from the family homestead farm and shop, she rented it to his friend to spite him. She installed a replacement farm sign out front that lists her dead husband as owner, and that their farm "uses God's Word as our guide".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 pm 

There was a tiny window open in my basement and stiff winds blew out the pilot on my water heater. All I kept thinking was that it was gonna be time to go tankless (I thought it was busted) right at the holidays. I told my dad and he relit it 15 minutes after getting here. I had my son pay close attention to him fixing it. I have several years more formal education than both but my son looked at me wondering why I couldn't fix it myself.

Saved me money but I was reminded that in comparison to my dad and granddads, I hold a lot less pragmatic knowledge than he does/they did.

But on the other hand, my son learned something practical first hand. So there's that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I dropped $350 on a magician for my child’s birthday party today and the guy was horrible. Just not at all suited for the job.

Worst investment ever…I feel like one of those people who followed Den is the man into IBM.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: Angie's
I think I may have screwed up an interview for what is more or less a dream job, not to mention a job that literally only comes around once a generation. Fuck. I thought I did really well, but it's been two days and I ain't heard a thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:44 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I dropped $350 on a magician for my child’s birthday party today and the guy was horrible. Just not at all suited for the job.

Worst investment ever…I feel like one of those people who followed Den is the man into IBM.

Really on a roll with these humble brags.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Regular Reader wrote:
There was a tiny window open in my basement and stiff winds blew out the pilot on my water heater. All I kept thinking was that it was gonna be time to go tankless (I thought it was busted) right at the holidays. I told my dad and he relit it 15 minutes after getting here. I had my son pay close attention to him fixing it. I have several years more formal education than both but my son looked at me wondering why I couldn't fix it myself.

Saved me money but I was reminded that in comparison to my dad and granddads, I hold a lot less pragmatic knowledge than he does/they did.

But on the other hand, my son learned something practical first hand. So there's that.

How old is it? I havent seen one without a sealed burner in 10 years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
One Post wrote:

Really on a roll with these humble brags.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Angie's
Harvard Dan wrote:
Several things happening here RFDC. This coach is not long for the program and was brought in as you don't have enough experience. Hearing your side, he is not a man of his word, and as a short-timer has no interest in keeping a long-running program going (as evidenced by the Varsity running the same system since 6th Grade). Now while Bob opines that getting the 11 players time, he is also creating a program wide culture issue that could cause numbers to crumble over time. Good luck this year, but I don't envy the long term issues that may begin developing as a result of this "experienced" coach.

This post, and the one he is referring to by RFDC, are two of my favorite posts on this board in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Wayne Kerr wrote:
I think I may have screwed up an interview for what is more or less a dream job, not to mention a job that literally only comes around once a generation. Fuck. I thought I did really well, but it's been two days and I ain't heard a thing.

Its the weekend.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:09 am 

Spaulding wrote:
My husband had a fight with his brother about a year and a half ago they spoke once a year ago and got into another fight which was really the same fight. Last year we a had the covid excuse not to do Christmas. What are we suppose to do this year?
What would Kevin McCallister tell you to do?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 am 

Big time here. I let them know they’re welcome and that nobody will be wearing masks, but they’re welcome to do so should it make them more comfortable. We’re not going to do that but not going to stop them from doing so.

It’s such a stupid time and everybody will regret not seeing family. It’s silly.
Why would anyone want to wear masks? I assume that all your doors and windows will be open with fans blowing out the COVID particles so masks are pointless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
My wife is great in a lot of ways but she is a slob. Her car, her home desk, her dresser top, her nightstand, and the corner of our bedroom where she keeps clothes and work material are always a hodgepodge of stacked shit on top of each other. I am not a neat freak but my cleanliness threshold is much higher than hers. If I mention this to her she will make excuses about not having enough time. Hell, right now she is sitting on the couch playing on her phone. Since she is so sensitive to any criticism, about 6 months ago I tried a different tactic. I keep all of my areas of the house very well organized and clean hoping she might notice and start cleaning her areas of the house. Ths has not worked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 pm 

312player wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

How old is it? I havent seen one without a sealed burner in 10 years.

23 years old. I keep waiting on it to crap out, but I use so little hot water I'm delaying the inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
my wife and i are kinda balck sheep. we are the only siblings, cousins, etc...that don't have kids. we do what we want. we are grateful hosts, but generally have issues with all of our family members.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:07 pm 

DAC wrote:
My wife is great in a lot of ways but she is a slob. Her car, her home desk, her dresser top, her nightstand, and the corner of our bedroom where she keeps clothes and work material are always a hodgepodge of stacked shit on top of each other. I am not a neat freak but my cleanliness threshold is much higher than hers. If I mention this to her she will make excuses about not having enough time. Hell, right now she is sitting on the couch playing on her phone. Since she is so sensitive to any criticism, about 6 months ago I tried a different tactic. I keep all of my areas of the house very well organized and clean hoping she might notice and start cleaning her areas of the house. Ths has not worked.

That won't work. She won't care if you do you.

You could try something like I know you are busy and you are tired but I want to help you. Maybe we can go thru all this stuff/pile together and I can help you with it when you feel like it. Or make it like a lame date and have wine and listen to music. Or you put the stuff where she tells you to while she sits and plays on her phone. You might be out of luck and have to let it go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
DAC wrote:

That won't work. She won't care if you do you.

You could try something like I know you are busy and you are tired but I want to help you. Maybe we can go thru all this stuff/pile together and I can help you with it when you feel like it. Or make it like a lame date and have wine and listen to music. Or you put the stuff where she tells you to while she sits and plays on her phone. You might be out of luck and have to let it go.

This is why women should never be in the military.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:15 pm 

Darkside wrote:
This is why women should never be in the military.

I'm not following unless you think he should run his house like gunnery sergeant hartman runs his barracks. I'm not sure what a women's or most women's role in the military should be anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
DAC...

you have a couple of choices.

i have found that doing the work, while annoying as all fucking hell, is an easier route.

good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:28 pm 

I don't think it's a good idea if he rearranges his wife's stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:30 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
DAC...

you have a couple of choices.

i have found that doing the work, while annoying as all fucking hell, is an easier route.

good luck!

That's exactly what they want man. For you to do the work. It's like training. My cat trains my wife. It saddens me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spaulding wrote:

You've never been married to a woman.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:31 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Let's say she has...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Darkside wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Let's say she has...

What direction was the pineapple? I can't keep track.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 190  Next