It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
found out last night i got cut from my mens league baseball team. had been with them for 3 years and got cut to make room for two new guys and a player returning from years ago. kinda tore up about it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Day 4 of Nicotine withdrawal for me. Best I've felt since Sunday, but I still want to take sandpaper to my tongue.

Dip / Chew...not smoking, but same withdrawal.

I've done this before, so it's not unfamiliar territory. Maybe this time I'll go through all of this and actually quit for good. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
love reading these stories about your kids and santa. :bigsmurf:

on a complainey note:

the MIL (who has stage 4 lung cancer if you recall) tested positive for Covid on Sunday morning. Rachel and I saw her on Saturday for about 20 minutes to drop off a gift for Rachel's nephew. We wear a mask when we see her even though we are all vaxed and boostered. Rah and I tested negative Monday night. Anywho, "Christmas" at Rah's Brothers house was supposed to be last Sunday and was cancelled. We were going to have her Mom and Step-Dad over at our place Christmas day and that's cancelled. It's just awful because there is a very decent chance this was her last one.

We're thinking we will pick up some prime rib and fixins, drop them off on Christmas Day so she can have a nice dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:20 pm 

damn. :(

this is probably going to turn out to be a worse holiday season than last year for a lot of people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
found out last night i got cut from my mens league baseball team. had been with them for 3 years and got cut to make room for two new guys and a player returning from years ago. kinda tore up about it.

Ouch! I was on a mens' team and we would never even think of cutting guys and recruiting. Seems kinda childish for what is, at that point, just a hobby.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W_Z wrote:
damn. :(

this is probably going to turn out to be a worse holiday season than last year for a lot of people.

I gave that up at 23 I think. Just remembering back makes my repaired rotator cuff hurt again. Maybe they did you a favor and hang up the cleats.
:P

Last edited by pittmike on Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

Ouch! I was on a mens' team and we would never even think of cutting guys and recruiting. Seems kinda childish for what is, at that point, just a hobby.

Just sign on with another team and bean 5 guys from your old team to start a brawl. That's the mature way to deal with it

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
BigW72 wrote:
Day 4 of Nicotine withdrawal for me. Best I've felt since Sunday, but I still want to take sandpaper to my tongue.

I've done this before, so it's not unfamiliar territory. Maybe this time I'll go through all of this and actually quit for good. :lol:

I quit for good at 36. I can't believe I smoked until then. But by then, with three kids, I kind of came to my senses. That last time I quit was the easiest one, and I've never craved for a cigarette since then. I guess you quit when you are ready. Life is so much less complicated for non-smokers, and you feel 500% better.

Like I said, I have not craved one since, but if the USA (which is awesome) ever goes to a Logan's Run type of set-up where those in power released you to the wolves at the age of, say, sixty, I'd start smoking again tonight. I'd probably want to vomit during my first pack or two, but, as I know the sweet rewards of addiction, I'd muddle through.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:05 pm 

I have to get up tomorrow morning at 2:45 to catch a 5:15 flight. Bahhumbug!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:46 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
love reading these stories about your kids and santa. :bigsmurf:

on a complainey note:

the MIL (who has stage 4 lung cancer if you recall) tested positive for Covid on Sunday morning. Rachel and I saw her on Saturday for about 20 minutes to drop off a gift for Rachel's nephew. We wear a mask when we see her even though we are all vaxed and boostered. Rah and I tested negative Monday night. Anywho, "Christmas" at Rah's Brothers house was supposed to be last Sunday and was cancelled. We were going to have her Mom and Step-Dad over at our place Christmas day and that's cancelled. It's just awful because there is a very decent chance this was her last one.

We're thinking we will pick up some prime rib and fixins, drop them off on Christmas Day so she can have a nice dinner.

Get your asses over there and spend time with her. Are you serious?????

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Hawg Ass wrote:

I hope your flight doesn’t get canceled. Sounds like that’s a bit of an issue this week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:

Are you flying in to Clinton Airport with LTG tomorrow?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:58 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No sir, Nashville. Just hope someone doesn't want to detonate a bomb in Downtown Nashville again this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No sir, Nashville. Just hope someone doesn't want to detonate a bomb in Downtown Nashville again this year.

Just order your to go dinner from a Chinese restaurant in Franklin then.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:11 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You won't be catching this guy eating any damn Chinese food.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:41 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You won't be catching this guy eating any damn Chinese food.

You forgot to sign in as Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:22 pm 

I am terrible as Hawg Ass, no way I would have a mult.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:30 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I am terrible as Hawg Ass, no way I would have a mult.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:45 pm 

If I did have a mult the following 3 posters would still be worse than it:
1. Whistler
2. HY
3. RFDC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:47 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
1. Whistler
2. HY
3. RFDC

:lol: Fuck you pigman!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
RFDC wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
1. Whistler
2. HY
3. RFDC

:lol: Fuck you pigman!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My schedule has me off since last Wednesday, and I offered to run to Milwaukee and retrieve my MIL for the holidays here. No, she was happy serving 5,000 meals at the Salvation Army. Okay, fine.

She fell Thursday or Friday, and is in intense pain, unable to see her own doctor, unwilling to go to ER, depending on neighbors to get out of bed, etc. Huge guilt trip on Mrs. K.

So, my wife left this morning for Cheesetown to take care of her as long as possible. Driving into the sketchy weather.

MIL is alone in Milwaukee, as BIl moved to Austin, TX. A grandson is in Appleton, and we are here in MI, 2.5 hrs away. I'm suggesting she move here by us, but resistance is high, and i don't get a real vote. Whatever. She's 81 this year, been a hermit during covid. She owns her condo and car, but little else, as FIL was in a nursing home for eight years. I don't know how her support would be affected by a move, if she would have to buy a similar condo or lose the proceeds to the nursing home, I don't think they have a lien on her place. I'm not all up in her stuff, BIL has control, but I think it is our duty to care for her, regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tough situation K. You’re a good man suggesting her head closer to you. Hope the wife makes it ok

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
K Effective wrote:
My schedule has me off since last Wednesday, and I offered to run to Milwaukee and retrieve my MIL for the holidays here. No, she was happy serving 5,000 meals at the Salvation Army. Okay, fine.

She fell Thursday or Friday, and is in intense pain, unable to see her own doctor, unwilling to go to ER, depending on neighbors to get out of bed, etc. Huge guilt trip on Mrs. K.

So, my wife left this morning for Cheesetown to take care of her as long as possible. Driving into the sketchy weather.

MIL is alone in Milwaukee, as BIl moved to Austin, TX. A grandson is in Appleton, and we are here in MI, 2.5 hrs away. I'm suggesting she move here by us, but resistance is high, and i don't get a real vote. Whatever. She's 81 this year, been a hermit during covid. She owns her condo and car, but little else, as FIL was in a nursing home for eight years. I don't know how her support would be affected by a move, if she would have to buy a similar condo or lose the proceeds to the nursing home, I don't think they have a lien on her place. I'm not all up in her stuff, BIL has control, but I think it is our duty to care for her, regardless.

That's frustrating, but you're a good person.

Becoming 75+ scares the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Wife made it there early afternoon, got MIL in to see a doctor, bad bone bruise, but nothing broken or torn. She'll stay the rest of the weekend and they'll decide who is coming here then. i offered to return MIL to WI the following week if needed, as she has compiled a list of things for me to fix.

Till then, it's hookers and blow here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
K Effective wrote:
Wife made it there early afternoon, got MIL in to see a doctor, bad bone bruise, but nothing broken or torn. She'll stay the rest of the weekend and they'll decide who is coming here then. i offered to return MIL to WI the following week if needed, as she has compiled a list of things for me to fix.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Wayne Kerr wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I quit for good at 36. I can't believe I smoked until then. But by then, with three kids, I kind of came to my senses. That last time I quit was the easiest one, and I've never craved for a cigarette since then. I guess you quit when you are ready. Life is so much less complicated for non-smokers, and you feel 500% better.

Like I said, I have not craved one since, but if the USA (which is awesome) ever goes to a Logan's Run type of set-up where those in power released you to the wolves at the age of, say, sixty, I'd start smoking again tonight. I'd probably want to vomit during my first pack or two, but, as I know the sweet rewards of addiction, I'd muddle through.

Nicotine withdrawal is the same with smoking and chewing, but their consumption is night and day.

I smoked as a kid / young adult and quit for good at 23. It honestly wasn't difficult at all outside of the week of withdrawal. I've never ever missed smoking in any way. Chewing....I started that up when I get divorced back 2013. I really underestimated how fast that would suck me back in. I really don't have any desire / need to quite chewing. It doesn't impact my ability to exercise. It doesn't smell up my house car and clothes. It really has no impact on others. BUT.....enough shots from my wife about it even though she'll claim "she doesn't care" and I finally just said to hell with it. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
are any of those tobacco/nicotine-less chew options worth it for at least feeding the hand to lip? I know with smoking thats why some folks gain weight because they replace the hand to mouth action of a cigarette by eating more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
K Effective wrote:

Boats and Hoes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cashman wrote:
Boats and Hoes?
Minnesota Vikings wrote:
+1!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 190  Next