It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: DD214 Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
You take everyone at their word all the time?

Of course not. But I just don't pay attention to those people.

Your last post said it was "wrong" to not take everyone at their word. I, too, ignore crazy or lying people.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I havent bullied anyone and I never asked him to prove anything.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I never said you did that, but that is what has been done by several people here, FavreFan has just been the most vocal about it. I think the default should be to take everyone at his word until there's a real reason not to. I don't think The Hawk has given anyone a reason not to, unless your reason is that you find him annoying.

I thought he was a mult before any of the military stuff came up. Which is fine. I think FF is an honest guy so when he's saying that this guy's stories have holes, I believe him. I dont know one way or the other. I dont care. Frankly, I care more about people being fake about it or pretending they know when none of us do. That's a pet peeve of mine.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont think The Hawk is the victim you make him out to be.

I've never made him out to be a victim. I don't believe valor exists on an anonymous message board. And the alleged stealing of it is the entire reason for this whole pointless exercise.[/quote]
You absolutely made him out to be a victim of being followed around on the board. He gives as good as he gets. 90% of the guy's posts involve insulting someone.

I mean, the guy reaps what he sows. He talks a ton of shit to people, so he gets less of the benefit of the doubt. That's just the way of the world.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am 

If The Hawk is proven right I think we should offer him a 15% discount on a CFMB Gold membership.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's not really about opinion at this point, though. Proof is proof. What he is sending proves that he has access to these documents and pictures.

And that's fine that you dont mind if he's pretending to be someone he actually knows, but to me it's also very understandable why a veteran might take issue with that.

But if there is no proof, then no one can claim to be right. We would all still be guessing at that point.

It seems like everyone is setting up to just believe what they believed before this all started. That's fine but no one will have the grounds to say they know or it was proved.

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong.

Sometimes i actually wonder if this is what prevents people from actively participating.

Honestly, and not to be a dick because you're my guy, ltg, but when you attack people irrationally or take bits of posts out of context to score points, it has a negative effect on the other people who would participate. That's probably the bigger problem, and I have been guilty of that, too, but we do have some serial offenders here and I know it's driven some reasonable people off.

If you are a new member, you have to make your voice worth listening to, and though that can be hard, it's the same everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:25 am 

tommy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
It's not really about opinion at this point, though. Proof is proof. What he is sending proves that he has access to these documents and pictures.

And that's fine that you dont mind if he's pretending to be someone he actually knows, but to me it's also very understandable why a veteran might take issue with that.

But if there is no proof, then no one can claim to be right. We would all still be guessing at that point.

It seems like everyone is setting up to just believe what they believed before this all started. That's fine but no one will have the grounds to say they know or it was proved.

It is about opinion though. Not taking the guy at his word is wrong. Just like accusing every new member of being a mult is wrong.

Sometimes i actually wonder if this is what prevents people from actively participating.

Honestly, and not to be a dick because you're my guy, ltg, but when you attack people irrationally or take bits of posts out of context to score points, it has a negative effect on the other people who would participate. That's probably the bigger problem, and I have been guilty of that, too, but we do have some serial offenders here and I know it's driven some reasonable people off.

If you are a new member, you have to make your voice worth listening to, and though that can be hard, it's the same everywhere.

Shut up, tommy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think the money is really the point.
Really?

The Hawk wrote:
I want to know this, gutless one. Have you got the money up to send me?
The Hawk wrote:
How about a side bet, pissy boy? Make it worth my while. Say $50?
The Hawk wrote:
I have no timetable but my own, genius. My stuff is on its way. Get your money ready, chickenshit.
The Hawk wrote:
Nope. You obeyed my rules and they were that I would prove my service in exchange for YOUR SINCERE APOLOGY and $100.
The Hawk wrote:
How about that baleful moan coming form FF???? "ITS MY MONEY! ITS MY MONEY". What a sissy boy this pissy is :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The Hawk wrote:
Hey, Dipshit. I think that you owe me another $50 :lol: :lol:

These were all posted by The Hawk just last nite and early this morning. Maybe the $100 isn't everything to him, but it certainly sounds like it means a great deal to him.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:26 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If The Hawk is proven right I think we should offer him a 15% discount on a CFMB Gold membership.

Pshaw. I saved a board member's life and all I got was a thumbs up and an invitation to purchase a bronze membership. F this place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Anyone else find JORR's involvement in this the most suspicious of all? Wasn't involved in any way but somehow is the key to a resolution? When proving something to someone else...why would proof be sent to a third person with unknown ties to the issue? FF should have access to any and all proof, and that has always included a photo of The Hawk, military proof in the same photo and a way to validate CFMB or some reference to FF and this situation...all in the same photo.

JORR says it isn't worth the risk for $100. What risk? What would FF do with the proof that JORR couldn't? Why does Panther, I mean Hawk, trust JORR with this? Pissy boy? All the emotes? The style of capitalization? This is Panther.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Shut up, tommy.

I knew BRick would say that. BRick, sometimes when men are talking, like in that other thread where you were being a weenie, abstain from trolling. And get your own jokes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Your last post said it was "wrong" to not take everyone at their word. I, too, ignore crazy or lying people.

I was speaking in the context of this forum, but "wrong" was perhaps the wrong word to use there. You can use the forum any way you want and have any standard of belief for its members that you want. Of course there are people who play characters in such a forum. Some of them even admit it. I just choose to take everything at face value. There are the guys I have met and know. And then there are those I have never met and/or who are anonymous. For those guys I accept them at face value. Because what difference does it make? If Turd Ferguson says his name is Pete Johnson and he's a firefighter but he is actually Joe Dokes, a college professor, what difference does it make? I find it ridiculous to demand that Turd provide a photo of himself aboard a hook and ladder.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think FF is an honest guy.

So do I. And I have never paid much attention to The Hawk until all of this, but now that I've gotten in the middle of it, I think he's an honest guy too. I could be wrong though. I know FavreFan actually exists. In The Hawk's case I know who he says he is and his email address. I suspect in a day or so I will have some documents sent to me by someone. Whether that person is The Hawk or someone The Hawk is pretending to be or someone who is pretending to be The Hawk, I cannot be certain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 am 
Site Admin

IMU wrote:
Anyone else find JORR's involvement in this the most suspicious of all? Wasn't involved in any way but somehow is the key to a resolution? When proving something to someone else...why would proof be sent to a third person with unknown ties to the issue? FF should have access to any and all proof, and that has always included a photo of The Hawk, military proof in the same photo and a way to validate CFMB or some reference to FF and this situation...all in the same photo.

JORR says it isn't worth the risk for $100. What risk? What would FF do with the proof that JORR couldn't? Why does Panther, I mean Hawk, trust JORR with this? Pissy boy? All the emotes? The style of capitalization? This is Panther.

It's certainly not Panther. And you're welcome to question my honesty if you like and I'm willing to let the members weigh in on my reputation/honesty/honor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I was speaking in the context of this forum, but "wrong" was perhaps the wrong word to use there. You can use the forum any way you want and have any standard of belief for its members that you want. Of course there are people who play characters in such a forum. Some of them even admit it. I just choose to take everything at face value. There are the guys I have met and know. And then there are those I have never met and/or who are anonymous. For those guys I accept them at face value. Because what difference does it make? If Turd Ferguson says his name is Pete Johnson and he's a firefighter but he is actually Joe Dokes, a college professor, what difference does it make? I find it ridiculous to demand that Turd provide a photo of himself aboard a hook and ladder.

rogers park bryan wrote:
I think FF is an honest guy.

So do I. And I have never paid much attention to The Hawk until all of this, but now that I've gotten in the middle of it, I think he's an honest guy too. I could be wrong though. I know FavreFan actually exists. In The Hawk's case I know who he says he is and his email address. I suspect in a day or so I will have some documents sent to me by someone. Whether that person is The Hawk or someone The Hawk is pretending to be or someone who is pretending to be The Hawk, I cannot be certain.

That's all fair enough.

Honestly, when I see those stolen valor videos I cringe because it always seems like the guy doing it is mentally handicapped or messed up somehow. I get why actual vets are pissed but my thought on that has always been to leave the crazies alone. If there is some guy who is of sound mind just going out of his way to lie and pretend he served, he deserves to be called out.

If The Hawk was a Sneakers O'Toole or Godfella type just posting normal stuff and mentioned his military service and people did this Id take issue. I just cant muster up sympathy for a guy who acts like Hawk does. I think you're right about that part. If he wasnt a jerk to so many people this wouldnt be happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Even the people we have met are just characters here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:42 am 

I was also in Vietnam.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:

It's certainly not Panther. And you're welcome to question my honesty if you like and I'm willing to let the members weigh in on my reputation/honesty/honor.

How could you even know it's not Panther (or anyone else) at this point? That's just your opinion, correct?

Im not trying to be a jerk, but again, when a moderator says that people put weight into it. If you're just saying they have different IP addresses, then I think you should mention that detail.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I was also in Vietnam.

Agent orange exposure?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
IMU wrote:
Anyone else find JORR's involvement in this the most suspicious of all?
Suspicious? Absolutely not.

Odd? Yes. Considering that even my parents- who up until about a year ago still had flip phones- are able to take pics and post them online, yes. As MANY have said, The Hawk could have and perhaps should have spent 90 seconds taking care of this four days ago.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am 

This is going well.

No conclusion will be reached and this will be a running board issue.

The soap opera of cfmb continues :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:45 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Even the people we have met are just characters here.

They may play amplified/unfiltered versions of themselves but I think 90% of this board knows each other as well as most "real life" friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am 

RFDC wrote:
This is going well.

It's true.

And I feel like a lot us are being like Archie Bunker here

AND IM NOT GONNA SAY ANOTHER WORD ABOUT IT!!!

....Ill say this

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:

How could you even know it's not Panther (or anyone else) at this point? That's just your opinion, correct?

Im not trying to be a jerk, but again, when a moderator says that people put weight into it. If you're just saying they have different IP addresses, then I think you should mention that detail.

Of course it's my opinion. Every word I speak is my opinion. But in this case, my opinion is more educated than everyone else here. I have communicated with The Hawk via email and PM. Let's just say I'm 99.9999999999% sure it's not Panther.

Anyone could hide their IP address. Certainly Panther is sharp enough to do that. But I don't even see how a reasonable person could believe The Hawk was Panther just from reading their respective posts. Panther is funny. I don't believe he could make the sheer volume of posts that The Hawk has without that coming out. But perhaps he is a genius like Tall Midget who never breaks character on Ike or Beardown.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
This is going well.

It's true.

And I feel like a lot us are being like Archie Bunker here

AND IM NOT GONNA SAY ANOTHER WORD ABOUT IT!!!

....Ill say this

:lol: true.

Can we at least all agree FF is a meathead?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
TM is Beardown?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Odd? Yes. Considering that even my parents- who up until about a year ago still had flip phones- are able to take pics and post them online, yes. As MANY have said, The Hawk could have and perhaps should have spent 90 seconds taking care of this four days ago.

I told you when the picture was taken above. Nobody commented on that. I suppose it doesn't fit the desired narrative. It's obviously not proof of anything in a strict sense, but it's one more bit of evidence supporting a particular conclusion. Also, The Hawk has an AOL account. That's exactly what I would expect.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course it's my opinion. Every word I speak is my opinion. But in this case, my opinion is more educated than everyone else here. I have communicated with The Hawk via email and PM. Let's just say I'm 99.9999999999% sure it's not Panther.

Anyone could hide their IP address. Certainly Panther is sharp enough to do that. But I don't even see how a reasonable person could believe The Hawk was Panther just from reading their respective posts. Panther is funny. I don't believe he could make the sheer volume of posts that The Hawk has without that coming out. But perhaps he is a genius like Tall Midget who never breaks character on Ike or Beardown.

Ok. I just think when a moderator says it, people tend to believe they have confirmed it and it's not an opinion.

The Hawk's posts are extremely Panther-esque. It doesnt mean it's him but there are many similarities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am 
Site Admin

GoldenJet wrote:
TM is Beardown?

:lol: No, no, no! Let's not start another one. The Unholy Trinity of Tall Midget/Beardown/Ike South is a long time CFMB legend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

I told you when the picture was taken above. Nobody commented on that. I suppose it doesn't fit the desired narrative. It's obviously not proof of anything in a strict sense, but it's one more bit of evidence supporting a particular conclusion. Also, The Hawk has an AOL account. That's exactly what I would expect.

No one commented on it, because of what you said. It proves nothing.

It supports both conclusions. Either its the Hawk and he's being honest or its someone else who is committed to the bit.

It seems like you have a desired conclusion here as much as anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

:lol:

The Hawk having an AOL account is really perfect.

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
TM is Beardown?

:lol: No, no, no! Let's not start another one. The Unholy Trinity of Tall Midget/Beardown/Ike South is a long time CFMB legend.

Until I see a picture of the three of them hoisting a hazy IPA together i will just assume they are one person.

A HAZY IPA. No DDH bullshit, that's easy to doctor.

Last edited by Telegram Sam on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
The Hawk's posts are extremely Panther-esque.

I haven't seen that, but like I said, I don't read The Hawk's posts religiously.

I'll say this though. Everybody was so certain who Juggs was and that was 100% wrong. In fact, just about everybody has been accused of being Juggs except the guy who it quite likely actually is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Hawk has an AOL account. That's exactly what I would expect.
I'm going to use this as a response to any Hawk argument.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 62  Next